Fact: Ryron and Rener Gracie are the best dudes in Jiu Jitsu | Page 4

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by ReAnimator Reagan, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

Was at Pride GP 2000
    Are they still doing that?

2. Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

Was at Pride GP 2000
    For your first issue, what's the answer? Just don't train because there is no school around.

For your second I have gone to a lot of schools that are not Gracie schools the instructions suck. Maybe a legit black belt owns but they have someone else teaching.

3. Rico Franklin

Rico
    Finally the age old question of "who is the best dude in BJJ" that has plagued mankind for years has been answered. No more baffled scientists, scholars and the rest of the worlds most renowned thinkers.

Not only do I and the entire BJJ community thank you, ReAnimator Reagan, but mother earth itself and all it's habitants thank you.

anaconda and ultimateriley-o like this.
  4. Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

Was at Pride GP 2000
    Does that girl still wear a black belt when doing Jiu Jitsu? Rener and Ryron are good dudes because they didn't get mad the had a conversation with her and explained why her mistake was a mistake. And she learned a lesson

I know you have never made a mistake and I'm sure you always help people that do make mistakes learn from those mistakes in order to get closer to acting like you.

And I know your real name, Jesus Christ

5. jack36767 Brown Belt

jack36767
    Sooooo it's ok to scam people and lie to make money as long as you fix it IF people call you out on it? got it

6. Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

Was at Pride GP 2000
    If you have a problem with the US government you can always move

7. trustdoesntrust Green Belt

trustdoesntrust
    I don't recall them fixing anything. They just lied and said they forgot to take off their Kung fu black belts or whatever

TheGZA likes this.
  8. jack36767 Brown Belt

jack36767
    LOLOLOL, don't distract from the topic. On topic, this is the Torrance brothers modus operandi... try to run a scam or find a new way to open schools or give out belts to get paid for... rather than simply providing an avenue for people without schools to get top notch instruction and curriculum (which would make plenty of money by itself). When caught and called on... they first try to muddy the waters, then sorta apologize and then finally change policy... after they get paid and they keep the money...

but hey according to your third grade logic.. that's ok cause 'the government maaan". By that way of thinking, I guess it's ok for televangelists (the type of people the brothers remind me the most of btw) to promote "prosperity gospel" and get people to pay them for something not even close to the way real churches operate.. and just like the Gracie brothers, if they finally get called out enough by people within their own community.. they sorta apologize, stop doing it in that particular way.. and keep the money...

And since you have the usual child like attitude about government probably combined with apathy, that has allowed the current situation to get to the level it has in the US. You might want reading Robert Greene to start out, then start studying "boring" things dealing with regulation and bureaucracy, infrastructure, and government inter-playing with state and national so that you can actually be productive in helping change things

anaconda likes this.
  9. jack36767 Brown Belt

jack36767
    true, my bad, it's hard to keep up with their bullshit

10. Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

Was at Pride GP 2000
    You speak very materafactuly. But you really don't know shit. You don't know me. You don't know what running a business is like.
    If you really have a problem with the Gracie brothers go talk to them about it.
    I said you can move out of America. I do not have a problem with the way things are. I profit from they opportunity America has for anyone willing to go out and take it. You are the one that has a problem the way American businesses operate and the govt. Is a business.

11. jack36767 Brown Belt

jack36767
    Eh.. I'm pretty sure I'm absolutely correct about the Gracie brothers way of doing things... and I don't have a problem with living in the US... I'm just brutally honest and utilitarian about the way the world works and what can be done.

So I'm trying to figure out what exactly you are saying
    Is it?
    • Trying to say that them scamming people is okay because apparently the "government does too"
    • That it's apparently okay to use unethical business practices and bullshit to outright scam people and put twelve year olds in charge of schools if they pay since... that's how "businesses are run",
    • Or just trying to distract and obfuscate from the points I made about how they actually do things because there is no real answer...
    So yeah, according to the brothers who believe in "the spirit and discipline of martial arts", "self defense", "good values" etc.. its ok for them to scam people if they sort of apologize and get to keep the money.. got it. I should become a televangelist or get in on a similar scam

12. Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

Was at Pride GP 2000
    So it is a scam how? If you go to the Gracie Academy and slap them in the face they will not know what to do??

They run a business. In the US McDonald's has commercials that have the word healthy in them. 12 year olds do start businesses. Sometimes they are successful and sometimes they fail. Why do you hold any one to a different standard. Because you are perfect? Why do you care to spread negatively. I have met Rener and Ryron and they are genuinely nice people. Have you met them? Trained with them?

13. jack36767 Brown Belt

jack36767
    Prosperity gospel Televangelists are usually genuinely nice people too, doesn't change what they are actually doing. And having high standards for people who run a gym or coach is bad? I see. Did I say I was perfect? No. You've turned it from actually being honest about what they do and how disingenuous they are being to "I'm just being a meanie", and because everyone else apparently is being unethical it's ok for them. And yes I have a problem with a 12 year old running a gym with the liabilities involved and schema of knowledge needed to effectively and safely teach. That 12 year olds sometimes start businesses is a strawman, Your entire argument is about "how nice" they seemed and how mean I'm being, and apparently thinking promoting unsafe and/or unethical-disingenuous shit is being somehow anti-business..

And focusing on what they can do has nothing to do with what they actually teach or the "clientele" that is their main demographic actually does. And pointing out the bullshit behind his spin on the Metamoris match isn't being mean, it's being honest. I am glad to know coming across as nice if we ever meet will let me get defended if I do shady shit

14. powerBJJ Green Belt

powerBJJ
    Does anyone know what the repercussions for those 5 bitches were?

please tell them they got time for that

15. jack36767 Brown Belt

jack36767
    *and yes scam, online promotions and letting, no encouraging unqualified people to open gyms and teach/run martial arts practices as long as they pay you.. people that often genuinely don't know better, and only changing it after they get called out kinda qualifies as a scam

16. trustdoesntrust Green Belt

trustdoesntrust
    The illusion of authority is the most destructive force in martial arts. Whether it's military boasting, Far East mystique, exaggerated flair, or simply a self defense myth; countless martial arts have been watered down by imposters commanding credibility from ignorant students. I don't think anyone disputes that Rener and Ryron are themselves great BJJ practitioners and solid ambassadors of the Gracie name. The problem is when kids are able to co-opt the eminent Gracie name to deliver a false degree of authority to unwitting students.

Go look at those girls' website and you will see numerous deceptions, half-truths, and outright falsehoods (http://www.graciefortcollins.com/). For starters, they strongly imply that the girls are direct apprentices of the Gracie family, with several pictures of Rener and mentions of Gracie history. Though they include terms like "certified training center," they do not explain the distinction between Gracie Combatives and real Jiu jitsu, and the limited credentials that come with a combatives certification as opposed to a traditionally earned blue belt. In fact, they claim that they have classes for everyone, including "advanced adults," and say they are "famous for the quality of their group classes." Further, they claim to be MMA trainers as well, with a striking system of their own design, which they claim incorporates "the best" out of several striking arts ( they do not, however, mention that they are novices in all these more reputable arts). Even worse, their site is littered with photos of them posing with famous MMA fighters, a classic McDojo sign.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  17. Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

Was at Pride GP 2000
    How long ago did they take that picture with the belt. Do they train every day? Do you think they can make improvements? I see more posters on sherdog that say they are newbies. I have a feeling these little girls can tap out 80 percent of the sherdog tough guys on this forum.

18. jack36767 Brown Belt

jack36767
    Isn't it fascinating how people fall into cult like worship, reverence and defense of people that "Seemed" nice.

19. kenetics Black Belt

kenetics
    No.

20. Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

Was at Pride GP 2000
    I don't know if it would be possible for you to come across as nice. You sound like a very negative person with some anger, jealousy and hate issues. In the Gracie bully proof system they have talks to build character, self confidence, and other important life skills that you could benefit from. You could enroll at the Academy or if you live far away you can buy the dvds or you can subscribe on line (with your parents permission )
    Good luck young man