Fact checking people during conversations is obnoxious

Based and White Pilled

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Everyone does it sometimes when they hear something outlandish or interesting, but I find it to be very annoying and borderline insulting when someone does it frequently.

I recently transferred to a different division at work. There is one guy who I find myself working together with almost daily. I like him for the most part, but in the last month he has whipped phone out in the middle of conversation at least ten times to try to prove me wrong. It makes me want to touch him with the jab. Am I wrong here?

Before anyone asks, I'm not much of a bullshitter, so I've only been (partially) wrong one time with him and he does it to other people as well.

I don’t believe you. If only there were some way I could verify...

Sounds like a guy obsessed on being right all the time.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind.

He checks the fact, if I’m right, there you go, if I’m wrong, well there’s a new fact for me

Personally, I wouldn’t mind.

He checks the fact, if I’m right, there you go, if I’m wrong, well there’s a new fact for me
I would've said the same thing two months ago. I think it might not bother me if he was just being innocently inquisitive. He just always has a very "I don't believe. I'm going to prove you wrong." douchey little attitude about it and it happens all of the time.

i'm gonna have to agree with the co-worker.

throne-of-lies.gif

You have the face of a liar.

What kind of stuff are you talking about?

Can't you tell him to STFU cos you're right 90% of the time?

What a douche. Next time you talk tell him you're going to fill the office with uppercuts. When he pulls out his phone to confirm, well, you know.

Sounds like you're a purveyor of fake news, my man.

Your coworker is doing god's work.

What kind of stuff are you talking about?

Can't you tell him to STFU cos you're right 90% of the time?
Well, the two today that led to me making this thread were me saying that Bama has won four championships in the last decade (in response to his assertion that Ohio has been the best team recently) and that 120lbs is a normal size for a male Rottweiler. After both statements he looked at me like I was retarded and immediately got out his phone to Google it. The second time I just said "I know what the fuck I'm talking about." and that was the end of the conversation.

His constant quest to prove people wrong is exhausting when I have to be around him for a few hours most days.

I see what you mean. It really depends on the situation though. People that are trying to constantly prove people wrong are incredibly annoying, but people that just constantly make statements that are not based in reality and pass them off as facts are just as irritating. In my opinion. Based on your description, the guy seems to fit in the first category though.

Ps. You did make me google Rottweilers, because your comment made me wonder how big these things actually are. I had no idea they were that massive. Learned something new today.

With some people i do this. The people who act like the internet still doesn't exist. Sure everyone knows people like that. Bullshitters from back in the day that do the same routine as a know it all, and expect nobody to call them on it.

When I was younger, a lot of discussions broke down to arguing over whether asserted facts were right. Nowadays it seems pointless because we can just look stuff up on our phones. People still argue over it though despite having google at our fingertips.

Sounds like a man who'll settle for nothing less than the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

actually, it's NOT obnoxious. - whips out phone

but yeah TS I agree. I hate that crap. Just tell coworker how annoying that is, or start doing it yourself every time he opens his mouth. Ask him what time it is and if he says 12:30 say "actually it's 12:32 you poor dumb son of a bitch." Or just kick him in the stomach so hard he won't ever be right internally again.

Back