Fact check: Tony just got his black belt, Khabib mauled blackbelts half a decade ago

Listen buddy, you can be a friend of a friend of a friend with a 10th planet black belt all you want. But 37 black belts and 51 brown belts awarded within 15 years is mcdojo shit. I'm sorry if that offends you but it's absolutely true.
I'm not offended lol I'm just asking you to back up your statementt. You, someone who probably doesn't train, is question the awarding of belts from from a high level black belt along with his whole system. While I'm giving you my personal testimony as someone who trains every day and has trained with 10P students that the system and awarding of belts is valid. Along with someone who trains with maybe the best 10P grappler everyday and competes on high level grappling events backing up that statement. While all you're saying is hes awarded 37 black belts and 51 brown belts in 15 years. Which even then the average black belt takes 8-10 years of training. So its not hard to imagine theres been 88 savages who've been living on the mats the past 15 years. I'll ask again what credentials do you have? and please explain how its Mcdojo shit.

I'm not offended lol I'm just asking you to back up your statementt. You, someone who probably doesn't train, is question the awarding of belts from from a high level black belt along with his whole system. While I'm giving you my personal testimony as someone who trains every day and has trained with 10P students that the system and awarding of belts is valid. Along with someone who trains with maybe the best 10P grappler everyday and competes on high level grappling events backing up that statement. While all you're saying is hes awarded 37 black belts and 51 brown belts in 15 years. Which even then the average black belt takes 8-10 years of training. So its not hard to imagine theres been 88 savages who've been living on the mats the past 15 years. I'll ask again what credentials do you have? and please explain how its Mcdojo shit.
I'm a judo black belt of 16 years. Why that is relevant is beyond me. If i didn't have any concept of what I was talking about I wouldn't even be able to formulate an opinion on the subject of the time it takes to promote nearly 100 students to that level, nor have the basic knowledge of Bravo's system in general. For Bravo to promote nearly 100 students to the level he has within this short amount of time he would've had to have 300+ students the moment his gym opened 15 years ago. And unless Eddie is some kind of magic man, that isn't what happened.

Khavib go his Black belt from Trump University. Ill take my money with El Cucuy..

The dude is from DEATH CLUTCH!
WAR El Cucuy!

Most people have to work for their belt and don't get it handed to them off of their name.

In general, when you've been excelling at something 15 years longer than another human being, chances are you are better at it than they are.

Throughout Khabib's entire career he has never once shown he had a weakness in his grappling game. Why would anyone believe he'd have an issue now against one of the least accomplished grapplers he's fought against? I'm actually confused by this thought process.

If Tony wins it'll be in the stand up game.
So Tony is an inexperienced grappler now?
If you look at compared performances against Tibau and Edson you can learn that Tony is pretty experienced.
Also Khabib hasn’t been grappling 15 years longer.

real black belts take longer

MMA is a completely different animal though. A blue belt can find massive success in the MMA world because of striking. Khabib is a lot better in other areas of grappling and I guarantee he'd got a better top game.

So Tony is an inexperienced grappler now?
Tony has the exact same amount of grappling experience as JDS. 10 years of submission grappling experience.
Most of the black belts in the UFC have been doing it for 15-20 years.

Tm5PBNS.gif
That's amazing

I'm a judo black belt of 16 years. Why that is relevant is beyond me. If i didn't have any concept of what I was talking about I wouldn't even be able to formulate an opinion on the subject of the time it takes to promote nearly 100 students to that level, nor have the basic knowledge of Bravo's system in general. For Bravo to promote nearly 100 students to the level he has within this short amount of time he would've had to have 300+ students the moment his gym opened 15 years ago. And unless Eddie is some kind of magic man, that isn't what happened.
People post everyday with out any concept of what they're talking about. Congrats on the black belt, judo isnt jiu jitsu though and it definitely isnt the 10P system. Even though the numbers may seem tricky they're not impossible for people who train everyday, 3 times a day, at competition level. Especially when you take into consideration the fact that some of those people who were awarded their browns and black switched over from other schools after previously being awarded blues and purples ;)

Position > Submission

Khabib is a position guy

Sambo has about 1,000 submissions to Blackbelt, and almost double after (counting double-subs). Theres not gonna be any “joint-manipulations/strangles” Khabib doesnt know.....

Tony’s gonna Imanari roll right into bottom position at least once

Last edited:
Tony has the exact same amount of grappling experience as JDS. 10 years of submission grappling experience.
Most of the black belts in the UFC have been doing it for 15-20 years.
I don’t see how the experience indicates the skills.
Khabib submits MJ who has lost 8 times by sub. Only sub in 5 years while Tony has racked up 6 and two of those were against common opponents.

I don’t see how the experience indicates the skills.
Khabib submits MJ who has lost 8 times by sub. Only sub in 5 years while Tony has racked up 6 and two of those were against common opponents.
I know Sherdog gets confused by this but having multiple submission victories in MMA does not equate to being a great submission grappler.
If it did Travis Fulton would be the greatest submission grappler of all time and Ricardo Arona would be the worst.

Khabib is Ricardo Arona.

Khabib could probably hang with some ADCC guys by now, look how slick he is against an elite jiu jitsu black belt (Leandro Vieira)

M8K3DA.gif

BJJ is pretty much financed by the UAE right now and has been for the last 3 decades. How those Arab kingdoms suck up to the west building up talent in Brazil, Mexico and Europe (soccer) when there's SOO much talent in Russia and Central-Asia they could put their money behind, baffles my mind.

Khabib was winning black belt BJJ tournaments
Still waiting for those BJJ Tournaments that you're going to list as part of putting everyone on blast here and setting the record straight while spitting truth.
Also, list the names of the BB he was mauling a decade ago.

You know; since you're fact checking.

Back