Fact check: Tony just got his black belt, Khabib mauled blackbelts half a decade ago

The possibility is there for a submission, but khabib seems to dominate the grappling in all of his fights but none if his recent fighters were against a guy with a great bottom game

I have never trained a day in my life, but even I know some schools hand out black belts like candy. I know a guy who has hardly trained a year and already has a purple belt.
Tony got his black belt from Eddie Bravo.

Khabib has been submission grappling since the age of 5. 18 years longer than Tony.
Anyone that believes Khabib is getting subbed by anyone not named Marcelo Garcia is insane.

Last edited:
Khabib could probably hang with some ADCC guys by now, look how slick he is against an elite jiu jitsu black belt (Leandro Vieira)

M8K3DA.gif

Are Tony's elbows or those backpack racks better at cutting up someone's head?

No wonder aka has injuries.

What if Matt Mitrione comes into collect his backpack and these geniuses literally headbutt his knee on his way out.

I have never trained a day in my life, but even I know some schools hand out black belts like candy. I know a guy who has hardly trained a year and already has a purple belt.

Does Tony seem like he's hardly trained? He's into wing chun.

Tony got his black belt from Eddie Bravo.
Eddie Bravo has personally awarded 37 black belts and 51 brown belts despite only being a black belt himself for 15 years. That is unheard of.
10th Planet is very McDojoish. Especially since it's a system created by himself, which means he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Last edited:
I have never heard of ANY school giving out a purple belt in one year

Are people saying Tony is gonna sub him? Because Ive literally never heard that said by anyone.

Khabib could probably hang with some ADCC guys by now, look how slick he is against an elite jiu jitsu black belt (Leandro Vieira)

M8K3DA.gif

That is really slick. I have not seen Khabib roll like that in the UFC. Mostly he just mauls his opponents against the cage.

Tony was a brown belt until just a couple of months ago in BJJ.

Khabib was winning black belt BJJ tournaments and sambo world championships back in 2010-2012, 5 years ago... when Tony was still a baby at jiu jitsu and fighting on TUF

Anyone who says Tony can submit Khabib is crazy. This is normal fresh black belt BJJ vs elite world class grappling

There are black belts and black belts.

Anthony Pettis was a purple belt when he submited Benson Henderson (who was a black belt).

Tony Ferguson has the best guard game of the division, you are fooling yourself if you think he won't fight from the bottom with all his mighty and make it hard for Khabib.

Even Khabib himself said like one year ago: 'If I took Conor down, I smash him. If I took Tony down, we will fight'.

Khabilov among others is a Sambo master too. Tony has had high level grappling for many years.

There's level to all belts.
Jon Jones is a blue belt And somewhere there's a grandma whos showed up too class for 7 years and has her purple belt

Also stylistically Tonys Guard is what makes the khabib fight interesting, allot of other "black belts" just been doing bjj for a long time and understand the game but aren't as threating off their back.

This x100. TS showing his/her lack of grappling knowledge. It'll be interesting to see Tony's guard in play, with Kabib. My guess is Eddie has been working A LOT with Tony in this regard.

There are black belts and black belts.

Anthony Pettis was a purple belt when he submited Benson Henderson (who was a black belt).
Benson is a high level, and highly respected, bjj black belt. He has had a tremendous amount of success in both gi and no-gi bjj tournaments.
He's one of the few MMA guys that went through the bjj ranks the right way, continuing to compete in multiple competitions as he grew in rank.

This x100. TS showing his/her lack of grappling knowledge. It'll be interesting to see Tony's guard in play, with Kabib. My guess is Eddie has been working A LOT with Tony in this regard.
Yea Tony will get taken down but when he does it's going to fascinating to watch.
If Tony wins it's by triangle imo

Tony was a brown belt until just a couple of months ago in BJJ.

Khabib was winning black belt BJJ tournaments and sambo world championships back in 2010-2012, 5 years ago... when Tony was still a baby at jiu jitsu and fighting on TUF

Anyone who says Tony can submit Khabib is crazy. This is normal fresh black belt BJJ vs elite world class grappling

Considering Russian's hand out black belts like Democrats hand out green cards I'm not impressed.

Back