Fact: Anderson Silva has the best highlights in MMA history (video)

Anderson was a sick fighter in his prime. I wish he'd never lost to somebody like Weidman.

Doing his part to make the company bigger, and giving other fighters the opportunity to make that Anderson Silva money.

Saint Silva

Good for the show
Good for the ooheffsee
Good for the Lorenzo, for the Dana, for the fight, thass eet.

Lol asinine technicality? I don't hate Silva by any stretch of the imagination, but that was a very grounded opponent. Not even like Teh Chris playing games with Mousasi grounded (or rather not grounded as the replay showed), but like "What made you think it was ok to through an upkick from there?" grounded.

when they wrote the rule "no head kicks to a grounded opponent", this is not what they meant. that kick should be legal, it was not an up kick and the opponent was on his back.

To be honest, I think he didn't make as much as he should be worth. All the pre-WME fighters got stiffed

Good for the show
Good for the ooheffsee
Good for the Lorenzo, for the Dana, for the fight, thass eet.
"Chris has my hespect now. Chris is the best."

Imagine how hard that was for him to say. Truly a great man. When the "sport" was suffering, he stepped up by stepping down. GOAT.

when they wrote the rule "no head kicks to a grounded opponent", this is not what they meant. that kick should be legal, it was not an up kick and the opponent was on his back.
Agree, there is absolutely no reason to make a kick like that illegal. They got so many rules that make no sense, like that 1, that protect wrestlers.

"Chris has my hespect now. Chris is the best."

Imagine how hard that was for him to say. Truly a great man. When the "sport" was suffering, he stepped up by stepping down. GOAT.

Truly a man of values higher than his bank account. And he passed the torch instead of retiring like some certain GOATs

Lol asinine technicality? I don't hate Silva by any stretch of the imagination, but that was a very grounded opponent. Not even like Teh Chris playing games with Mousasi grounded (or rather not grounded as the replay showed), but like "What made you think it was ok to through an upkick from there?" grounded.
They were both grounded. I get that those are the rules, but he fucking head kick knocked out his opponent while in guard. Not hitting a grounded opponent is one thing, but if you are on your back, you should be able to head kick your opponent. It's barely even possible to knock out your opponent with a head kick while in guard. If you can do it, have at it.

Anderson GOAT

60 year old @Arm Barbarian got wrecked. Like a deer being fed to a pack of lions lol
tenor.gif

sonnen-whoops.gif

Don't blame him, he's following the footsteps of his idols.

They were both grounded. I get that those are the rules, but he fucking head kick knocked out his opponent while in guard. Not hitting a grounded opponent is one thing, but if you are on your back, you should be able to head kick your opponent. It's barely even possible to knock out your opponent with a head kick while in guard. If you can do it, have at it.

Anderson GOAT
Haha I feel like people think I hate Silva or something. I really don't. I probably agree with you that upkicks from there should be legal. They would make fights more exciting. But I still think calling that a technicality is a little silly. It was pretty blatantly against the rules as they are written....

Fact: The opinion stated in OP is, indeed, an opinion, and not a fact
Its a reasonable opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.
Also, PED cheat.
Im out
<{ByeHomer}>

Too bad he couldn't fight goat st Pierre clean. Nick didn't do too bad . imagine what Georges would have done to a clean Silva ouch

Fact: The opinion stated in OP is, indeed, an opinion, and not a fact
Its a reasonable opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.
Also, PED cheat.
Im out
<{ByeHomer}>

“PED cheat” - Vitor AV

<[analyzed}>

Too bad he couldn't fight goat st Pierre clean. Nick didn't do too bad . imagine what Georges would have done to a clean Silva ouch

It’s a shame Georgie never accepted the fight even though he had multiple chances to take it.

Back