Facebook lets advertisers commit age discrimination

You've decided that you want respectful discourse? Cry me a fucking river, you pussy. Don't be so butthurt.
2gXLd3v.jpg

Post your caselaw. I don't find it respectful to make demands of others that you haven't arsed to try meeting yourself or to insist on standards that you don't reach. This is the warroom. If you can't handle someone describing something as "a bit cunty" you shouldn't be here. And if you're going to pretend that it bothers you so you can avoid the conversation, you're a fucking idiot.

A1nf3QA.jpg
Devastating. Your Attorney General of the War Room, ladies(LOL) and gentlemen.

Can I provide you with some perspective? You just spent the past hour looking back NINE YEARS into my post history to find examples of me being rude to people who are not you. You also apparently spent an hour searching up case law that didn't support your argument. Please take a breath, get some fresh air and come back to this discussion when you're calm.
WelltodoFarGoral-max-1mb.gif

That doesnt say advertisement of the job anywhere.
ADA does prohibit discriminatory hiring practices. Advertisement methods for the job can factor into that. There's a reason Gunny eventually confined his argument to the claim that advertising to certain demographics was not discriminatory, as opposed to posting an advertisement that explicitly refers to a gender.

Can I provide you with some perspective? You just spent the past hour looking back NINE YEARS into my post history to find examples of me being rude to people who are not you. You also apparently spent an hour searching up case law that didn't support your argument. Please take a breath, get some fresh air and come back to this discussion when you're calm.
Are you under the impression that entering three words into a search engine takes more than a minute?

Or still dodging?

ADA does prohibit discriminatory hiring practices. Advertisement methods for the job can factor into that. There's a reason Gunny eventually confined his argument to the claim that advertising to certain demographics was not discriminatory, as opposed to posting an advertisement that explicitly refers to a gender.

Lots of things can factor in. That doesnt make this practice discrimination

Lots of things can factor in. That doesnt make this practice discrimination
Ok.

What are those other things that weigh against it in this instance?

Because from where I'm standing, deliberately only advertising a position to a specific demographic seems to be a pretty good way to deliberately avoid hiring other demographics, which strikes me as discriminatory.

I think you need to reread the thread. There was no "eventually" in my argument. It was the point I've been making from the get go.

And if you've calmed down, I'll point out that the reason you, and not me, need to find case law is because you're the one claiming illegality. The burden of proof is on the claimant.

This is the most definitive feature of our Zeitgeist, an obsession with youth. Discrimination against older people is overt and encouraged by people who consider themselves the vanguard of the present. It is a media campaign, a very successful and insidious propaganda program. You will find that the concept of delineated “generations” of people is ubiquitous in the discussions between older and younger people because those who consider themselves Millennials are obsessed with apartness, with their newness, with the superiority of current opinions. It is their defining feature, millennialists I mean. This Ad campaign is no surprise and is simply an extension of these social miscues.

Yeah. It's called targeted marketing.
If you sold grape drink, would you really want to pay to pitch it to middle aged white women who are into kombucha and lulu pants?

Back