Facebook killed message board forums, how long before forums officially die off

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I went to look on that bodybuilding. Com forums, the supplement section used to have lots of activity, now the first page of that section it has posts with replies from yesterday, before you post a topic and a few hours later your topic would be pages down.

The pro bodybuilding section is dead, i used to read that section now nobody posts, the misc is dead as well or dying

Very Sad, i prefer message boards over facebook. But facebook has killed off forums, people are too lazy to register or log in for forums even though now many forums allow you to register with your facebook instead of filling out a form

Sherdog is the only forum thats moderately active, most other forums are dead or dying.

Its crazy just three or four years ago bodybuilding.com was still popping now its slowly dying.

Look at rapmusic.com that forum has died with posts dating back to two or three years ago.

The only thing we can hope for is the facebook privacy backlash makes people jump back onto message boards and they get active again.

sounds like rap music and steroids suck, but UFC is cool AF

I noticed that the average age of sherbros/sherbromos must be in the 30's so yeah. Although I think youtube has more to do with it than FB.

I'd rather occupy a place like Sherdog, where the emphasis is on exchanging of ideas.

Reddit killed message boards, facebook didn't have anything to do with it.

it's cuz sherdog is crushing the comp.

I noticed that the average age of sherbros/sherbromos must be in the 30's so yeah. Although I think youtube has more to do with it than FB.
Man youtube is where young people get their news, nobody searches google anymore they go straight to youtube thats where the money is at, youtube killed the blogs and facebook killed the forums

Man youtube is where young people get their news, nobody searches google anymore they go straight to youtube thats where the money is at, youtube killed the blogs and facebook killed the forums

People get their news from YouTube? WTF?

Reddit IS a message board. It's just designed like something you'd find on the Internet 15 years ago for some reason.
It's a message board, but not like a forum. We come here for off topic discussion, but it's primarily a MMA forum. We're probably all combat sports fans in some way. Reddit is a haven for everything. If you want to discuss it, there's a subreddit for it. It's an umbrella that destroys the specialized forum ecosystem that existed in the early to mid 2000s. The fact that Sherdog is still as active as it is is a miracle.

Sherdog never die.

It's a message board, but not like a forum. We come here for off topic discussion, but it's primarily a MMA forum. We're probably all combat sports fans in some way. Reddit is a haven for everything. If you want to discuss it, there's a subreddit for it. It's an umbrella that destroys the specialized forum ecosystem that existed in the early to mid 2000s. The fact that Sherdog is still as active as it is is a miracle.

Yeah its shocking how sherdog is still decently active, compared to other forums that have died off.

The thing i dont like about reddit is that your thread just dies off you cannot bump it it has to get Voted to the top, ive posted several questions that got no answers, i needed help on my computer overheating and so,e gardening issues and got no answers and couldnt bump it, thats my big pet peeve with it.

I don't really like the way Reddit is set up. It's ugly and the upvoting system kind of sucks.

So I don't get why people would rather spend time on there than time on a forum that actually uses decent software and doesn't look like a clusterfuck from 1998.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to look on that bodybuilding. Com forums, the supplement section used to have lots of activity, now the first page of that section it has posts with replies from yesterday, before you post a topic and a few hours later your topic would be pages down.

The pro bodybuilding section is dead, i used to read that section now nobody posts, the misc is dead as well or dying

Very Sad, i prefer message boards over facebook. But facebook has killed off forums, people are too lazy to register or log in for forums even though now many forums allow you to register with your facebook instead of filling out a form

Sherdog is the only forum thats moderately active, most other forums are dead or dying.

Its crazy just three or four years ago bodybuilding.com was still popping now its slowly dying.

Look at rapmusic.com that forum has died with posts dating back to two or three years ago.

The only thing we can hope for is the facebook privacy backlash makes people jump back onto message boards and they get active again.

Beginning of the end for me when they killed IMDB's boards....man that effin place lol

Reddit killed message boards, facebook didn't have anything to do with it.

I was going to say this. Sherdog is the only message board I've ever participated in, but isn't there pretty much a Reddit subforum for everything these days.

Back