Face To Face: Fury/Klitschko

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Found this highly entertaining. Klitschko is salty as fuck haha. :D

Why am I anticipating a rematch of one of the worst fights in recent memory?

I am, but I hate myself for it.

Kind of like having sex with an ex you loathe.

I know it was a fucking boring fight until 12th round when Klitschko finally put it on. Hope they come guns blazing in the rematch. I think Klitschko will win the rematch

I kinda like Fury. Wlad seems to be in denial, which is never the way to approach a contest.

I kinda like Fury. Wlad seems to be in denial, which is never the way to approach a contest.

I don't think he's in denial he's just not as witty doing a promo in a language he is not really that fluent in. He is definitely salty though

Fury comes off as aloof and mad as a cut snake but I think he's 100% genuine here, it's refreshing to see...doesn't exactly hype a fight seeing a guy act so nihilistic and nonplussed.

Fury's voice sounds like he is a magical imp who tricks a hero into selling his soul or some shit.

I'll be watching only because it can't possibly be more boring (from Wlad's end) than last time around. Fury's black magic trick against Wlad last time is a whole lot simpler than people realize though, and Wlad knows what happened. It isn't something you can just "fix" in less than a year either, not without leaving yourself open to being countered.

Either Wlad lets his hands go, as he said he would do, and knocks him out or Fury wins another decision and retains. It's possible that Wlad gets countered and knocked out as well but not as likely as getting decisioned.

Tyson's magic trick was not getting hit by Wlad's touch jab and simply possessing more reach than Wlad in order to hit him when he can't, scoring points for the win. Wlad was trained by the late great Manny Steward to only throw his power punches after he at least touched them with his jab. Wlad, like a robot, obeyed. Years of fighting this way after being coached has him internally wired this way. This is why he "didn't let his hands go" last time. He was trained differently and isn't programmed to do so. He was trained properly, since the jab should always (for all intents and purposes) precede power punches that are thrown, but Wlad needs to break that rule here in order to let his hands go for a chance at knocking out Fury.

You can't just retrain yourself overnight, certainly not in such little time (rematch is next month), but you can work on touching his body first and then firing or feinting and then firing, throwing solo straight rights (in Wlad's case), pumping the jab for judging range (even if it doesn't touch him), and some other options that will maximize his chances of landing hard without taking too much risk by just throwing power shots themselves with no setup from off the jab, which he's so accustomed to doing. An option he could also use is trying to use his lead left hand as his power hand, really hard jabs and lead hooks thrown with the intention of stunning him badly or even knocking him out.

Tyson knew beforehand that Wlad had been programmed/trained this way by Steward because at one point Steward also trained Fury to do the exact same thing when outfighting, to throw a touch jab first to set up your power punches. If you're not there to get touched by that jab then you'll feel like a fish out of water trying to land power punches, especially on a guy that's taller with a longer reach, when all that you are is an outfighter (in Wlad's case). Wlad has no inside game so he had to master controlling range from the outside to maximize his great reach, which he's expertly done for the last decade.

Here's a full write up on this. Tyson is right, it isn't rocket science.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2016/06/fury-vs-klitschko-boxing-lesson

Last edited:
I don't think I could handle another reign of Klitschko. What was that fight where before he'd done anything, this is at the start of the very first round don't forget, he ran into the middle of the ring and just when it looked like they were going to get into it, instead Wlad leaps in, no punches thrown, nothing happening, first seconds of the fight, and grabs the guy in a massive bear hug then just waits for the ref to break it. Then, he does the same thing straight away again just as the guy was going to try and punch. I nearly gave up on life when I saw that.

nmmhc05uqcfk9rkjq8z6.gif

I'm not sorry at all when I say the 1st fight was laughably terrible. Hoping Rd 2 between these two is at least a KO or TkO

Ya I came in here to say who cares about this fight. It was so bad

Fury is an idiot. He contradicts himself constantly. One second he is saying that it doesn't matter if he loses because he will still get big fights moving forward, then he says he hopes he loses because he's retiring if he loses.

He's not genuine, he's full of shit. All this "I don't care either way" shit is just him being a coward when it comes to losing. He wept in the ring when he won that title. He is just setting himself up to fail and pretend it doesn't matter, which is really pathetic. He comes across like a big dumb child and it's very easy to see through if you're paying attention.

So are you writing off his win in terms of legacy?

Fury can say whatever he wants. All I got from that Face Off is Fury covering all his bases to account for winning or losing the fight. I believe he wants to win, and I'm surprised the subject of the actual in ring experience wasn't approached. What are you training for? When you get tired training for a fight, what image in your head fuels the fire and makes you train harder than ever? This is a guy who's champion in a sport medicated to punching people in the face. Saying he doesn't care no matter the outcome in nonsense. Otherwise what motivation does he have?

I think he was just trying to get back into Wlad's head here. He's training his ass off, and I fully believe Wlad when he says he's going to let his punches go in this fight.

Brits are always asking for confirmation, aren't they? It's common for them to end every statement they make with a question, isn't it?

Last edited:
So are you writing off his win in terms of legacy?

Fury's win over Wlad is what it is, and that is a win over an aging champ in one of the least eventful fights I've ever seen. It was a really terrible fight, so this rematch is important. They both have a lot to prove after that performance.

Fury's win over Wlad is what it is, and that is a win over an aging champ in one of the least eventful fights I've ever seen. It was a really terrible fight, so this rematch is important. They both have a lot to prove after that performance.
I agree it was a boring fight. But since wlad has started fighting with his current technique he's been in some real stinkers.

I'm no fury shill by any means but he deserves credit for that win. If wlad turns up looking like himself he is going to win back the lineal crown.

I agree it was a boring fight. But since wlad has started fighting with his current technique he's been in some real stinkers.

I'm no fury shill by any means but he deserves credit for that win. If wlad turns up looking like himself he is going to win back the lineal crown.

He deserves credit, but I do think getting "credit" should always be put into context. In 20 years, I'm not going to look back and remember when Tyson Fury defeated the great Wlad Klitschko. I'm just going to remember an old guy that I was never very impressed by losing to a big goof who I'm still not impressed by.

I actually felt kinda bad because I told my dad to tune in, what a waste of time. He called me after the fight laughing, and my mom was laughing in the background, they were both making fun of Wlad and Fury throughout the fight for sucking so bad. I remember my dad saying Fury actually sang better than he fought. At least they had fun making fun of the fight, I guess.

Back