Fabricio Werdum vs. Derrick Lewis Targeted For UFC 216 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I got Werdum winning. Too technical IMO, plus Lewis has an awful gas tank. The Beast can win though, Werdum is getting up there in age.

biggest mismatch in the hw division IF it hit's the ground.

Lewis body is in bad shape but hopefully he can catch Trollface with one of his burst of offense

I wonder what he will eat for his prefight warm up this time?

sezgdv.jpg

Maybe some PF Changs will do the trick this time around

Werdum. More strategic, not above using psychological distraction tactics, wider striking arsenal, great submissions. Even if he cruises and doesn't go for the finish (like he did vs Travis both times) he will get the decision (unless he is just completely inactive like in the last Overeem fight).

I voted Werdum, but my heart says "Where's Ronda's fine ass at?"

Rooting for Lewis so picked him for fun :)

Werdum is the best fighter he has fought though. Still winnable if Lewis can dictate the phase.

Werdum is actually the only fighter currently ranked ahead of Black Beast that I see him matching up well with. Everyone else is too fast for him, but I think he'll be able to keep this one on the feet and land a big one at some point that'll end the fight.

He's at the age where I worry every fight about him getting old overnight, but skillwise Fabricio should be superior everywhere. WAR Werdum!

I don't really see Werdum that relies on physicality and athleticism to get the job done, he seems like someone that can make it work even over 40 for a little bit like Hunt for example as long as the man has power it's all good.

will no fight IQ werdum show up again?

Werdum should not try to have a slug fest or brawl, if he does he might get caught and KO'd. Werdum is much better in literally all aspects of fighting, striking, grappling, cardio, and etc...

Damn bad fight for Lewis. He might actually retire this time. Struve would've made more sense.

Awful matchup for Lewis. Whats up with his back problens anyway? He sounded like he needed surgery when he flash retired.

Back