Fabricio Werdum: My Relationship with Chechen Dictator Ramzan Kadyrov is Only ‘for MMA’

What do you think of Werdum's association with Kadyrov?

• Total voters
Oh please. Are you really that dense that you can't differentiate between levels of so called harm? Harm is a relative thing. Colby was no more harmed by that boomerang than Werdum was by the supposed legkick, nor should he press charges anymore than Werdum should.
Are you that dense that you can't understand that even a supposedly minor case of harm is still harm? I'll ask again: Why did you lie and say that Colby Covington was 'unharmed' when in fact Werdum punched him in the face and left a bruise? 'by the supposed legkick' Except there's no evidence whatsoever that it happened. Colby's marks match up with his claims. The only person that we know for a fact assaulted anybody that day is Werdum, and that's because he was the only one caught on tape doing anything violent.

PS: You are allowed to answer in one post, or even edit.
Nah, I think I'll post however I please. But thanks for the information.

Another important factor is the size difference. Werdum is a Heavyweight. Colby is a Welterweight. I don't know how much weight Colby cuts to make Welterweight, but I know there's a very large size disparity between these two men. Getting punched in the face by a Heavyweight is very significant. And if it was actually sucker punch, like Colby said it was, then it's even worse.

Are you that dense that you can't understand that even a supposedly minor case of harm is still harm? 'by the supposed legkick' Except there's no evidence whatsoever that it happened. Colby's marks match up with his claims.
You fail to understand the basic concept of language. Harm is, somewhat, relative to the person and at some point harm becomes so small that minor harm is no harm at all. Going by your tedious definition of harm, is there no minor harm small enough not to warrent assualt charges? If someone comes up to my face threatening me, my familiy, whatever and I flick their ear, would your opinion be that they were justificied in filing charges?

You have to contextualise these things. These guys are pro cage fighters, they have harder sparring matches on the daily.

You just assert that what Werdum saying isn't true. The truth is we don't know, yet. If Colby had leg kicked Werdum, would your opinion be that Werdum should be filing charges right now as well?

Nah, I think I'll post however I please. But thanks for the information.

Another important factor is the size difference. Werdum is a Heavyweight. Colby is a Welterweight. I don't know how much weight Colby cuts to make Welterweight, but I know there's a very large size disparity between these two men. Getting punched in the face by a Heavyweight is very significant. And if it was actually sucker punch, like Colby said it was, then it's even worse.
Which just goes completely against what you're arguing. If Werdum wanted to hurt Colby for real, he easily could have, but he didn't.

You fail to understand the basic concept of language. Harm is, somewhat, relative to the person and at some point harm becomes so small that minor harm is no harm at all. Going by your tedious definition of harm, is there no minor harm small enough not to warrent assualt charges? If someone comes up to my face threatening me, my familiy, whatever and I flick their ear, would your opinion be that they were justificied in filing charges?

You're still peddling bullshit.

If harm is 'relative', then it makes even less sense for you to claim that Colby Covington went unharmed.

'at some point harm becomes...' It's relative, remember? That makes it impossible for you to accurately assess whether he was actually harmed.

'is there no minor...' You can take that up with the Australian police. Ask them whether they charge people for flicking somebody's ear. I have no idea whether they do or not, but I know they charge people for punching them in the face and hitting them with a boomerang. This case proves it.

Who gives a shit about that?

He could be best friends with Charles Manson and I wouldn't give a damn. I watch him because of what he does in the octagon, not outside the octagon.

You just assert that what Werdum saying isn't true. The truth is we don't know, yet. If Colby had leg kicked Werdum, would your opinion be that Werdum should be filing charges right now as well?

Except I didn't. Reading is not as difficult as you make it out to be. What I asserted is that there is no evidence to support Werdum's claims. If Colby threw the first strike, then Werdum should absolutely file charges against him.

Which just goes completely against what you're arguing. If Werdum wanted to hurt Colby for real, he easily could have, but he didn't.
That's the logic of a mental midget. You hear the same defense used in cases of domestic violence, where the larger and much stronger partner is accused of attacking the other. 'Your Honor, if I really wanted to hurt them 'for real', I could have.'

You're still peddling bullshit.

If harm is 'relative', then it makes even less sense for you to claim that Colby Covington went unharmed.

'at some point harm becomes...' It's relative, remember? That makes it impossible for you to accurately assess whether he was actually harmed.

'is there no minor...' You can take that up with the Australian police. Ask them whether they charge people for flicking somebody's ear. I have no idea whether they do or not, but I know they charge people for punching them in the face and hitting them with a boomerang. This case proves it.
Now you're just being purposely daft.

If harm is relative then that doesn't weaken my argument as I specificly said that it has to be contextualised. I'll repeat, they are both cage fighters, they have training sessions daily which involves a higher level of bodily harm. That's not to say that they are killing themselves in the gym, but that the outcome of what happened between them was so miniscule that compared to their day to day, it's nothing. Considering that, it's fair to assume that the harm done was insignicantly minor, especially as there was no permanent damage done. Not to mention how the whole thing was instigated.

Lol at trying to turn the reality of intepretation into complete relativity. Just another example of how you're an extremist that can't rationalise. I know it's a far out idea, but human beings have the ability to go on case by case basis.

Except I didn't. Reading is not as difficult as you make it out to be. What I asserted is that there is no evidence to support Werdum's claims. If Colby threw the first strike, then Werdum should absolutely file charges against him.
You CLEARLY insinuated it.

So, a former HW champion of the world should file assualt charges for a legkick by a guy half his size, which didn't hurt him in any meaningful way at all, in a situation which he himself was a willing participant AND threw something back at said person?

People in my part of the world don't understand that line of thinking. I honestly can't see how that's a reasonable thing to do.

That's the logic of a mental midget. You hear the same defense used in cases of domestic violence, where the larger and much stronger partner is accused of attacking the other. 'Your Honor, if I really wanted to hurt them 'for real', I could have.'
Again, you can't differentiate between domestic abuse and the Werdum vs Colby situation. You again and again show a complete lack of the ability to assess a situation.

Who gives a shit about that?

He could be best friends with Charles Manson and I wouldn't give a damn. I watch him because of what he does in the octagon, not outside the octagon.

yet you were butthurt over Colby?

If harm is relative then that doesn't weaken my argument as I specificly said that it has to be contextualised. I'll repeat, they are both cage fighters, they have training sessions daily which involved a higher level of bodily harm. That's not to say that they are killing themselves in the gym, but that the outcome of what happened between them was so miniscule that compared to their day to day, it's nothing. Considering that, it's fair to assume that the harm done was insignicantly minor, especially as there was no permanent damage done. Not to mention how the whole thing was instigated.

Moron, I wouldn't care if they were two warlords on a battlefield. Getting punched by another human being hurts. It does damage. It causes harm. You can't say that Colby was 'unharmed' by a punch that led a bruise simply because they're cage fighters.

If you had to do business with people with completely clean records, perfect morality, no skeletons, etc.... you’d have no business.

If Werdum is getting paid to ambassador MMA, put on seminars and keeps it strictly as a business endeavor, I see no problem.

Guilt by association isn’t quite fair.

If you had to do business with people with completely clean records, perfect morality, no skeletons, etc.... you’d have no business.

If Werdum is getting paid to ambassador MMA, put on seminars and keeps it strictly as a business endeavor, I see no problem.

Guilt by association isn’t quite fair.

So if there was a neo-nazi run regional MMA org there would be no issue with any UFC fighters promoting for them? strictly business

You CLEARLY insinuated it.

Except I didn't. I didn't say whether it was true or false. I said there wasn't any evidence. If you can't understand the difference between these two ideas, then I can understand why you've had difficulty understanding everything else.

So, a former HW champion of the world should file assualt charges for a legkick by a guy half his size, which didn't hurt him in any meaningful way at all, in a situation which he himself was a willing participant AND threw something back at said person?

'by a guy half his size' Oh, so his size is actually important now? So Werdum's size was an advantage in absorbing the blow? Logically, that would have to mean that Colby's size was a disadvantage. 'in any meaningful way' We've already been over this. You don't get to determine what's meaningful and what's not. 'was a willing participant' Doesn't make a difference. If he was the one attacked, he has every right to pursue justice. 'threw something back' And? Are you that dense that you don't understand the concept of self-defense? You're allowed to meet force with force.

That's disgusting. He shouldn't be associated with that person in any way, not even take a selfie together. Not saying guilt by association, but it still makes him look very bad.

And he's angry about a few words from Colby, LOL. This world has gone to shit.

?
Again, you can't differentiate between domestic abuse and the Werdum vs Colby situation. You again and again show a complete lack of the ability to assess a situation.
I can see you're a little slow. Let's work through this problem together. You said that if Werdum actually wanted to hurt Colby, he could have, because he's a much larger person. That is no different than a man saying to a judge that if he really wanted to hurt his wife, he could have, because he's a much larger (and stronger) person. No, dingus, the fact that only so much damage was done does not mean the person did not intend to really hurt the person.

yeah no problem, he's only sponsored by a dictator who commits hundreds of actual human right abuses, persecutes gay people, put little children to fight. but it's ok because his agreement is only MMA related

I don't see anything wrong with any of those you Nancy

Khabib wrestled bears as a kid and he turned out right

Back