Fabricio Werdum: My Relationship with Chechen Dictator Ramzan Kadyrov is Only ‘for MMA’

What do you think of Werdum's association with Kadyrov?

• Total voters
BS, if Conor were associated with this guy it would be national news. But Werdum, being a nobody, it's small beans, hell half of sherdog doesn't even know or care
Conor tries to pretend to be el chapo

he's worse than werdum... lmao

You clearly were defending it. That's why you brought it up in the first place. You were trying to deflect attention off of Werdum and put it onto other people. That's despicable. This thread is about Werdum, not Chris Weidman or anybody else associated with this Draconian dictator.
You're delusional. I posted a pic pointing out several fighters are more than happy to associate themselves with Kadyrov if the price is right. How you choose to interpret that just provides insight into the addled nature of your thought process. Similar to your thoughts on Will Brooks.

he doesn't pretend to be like him at all, he dressed like him once to recreate a meme that was popular at the time

Conor's wrong for imitating El Chapo, but I hope you see the difference between imitating a cartel leader and actually befriending a dictator.

I was pretty stoned, but I'm pretty sure he shouted out their fight league multiple times during his walkout on Saturday.

lol are you serious? So if Conor were to promote for an alt-right, neo-nazi regional MMA org it's not a big deal and nothing he can do about how they treat black people?
nothing nazi about this MMA org, and i didn't get the black people thing..

upload_2017-11-21_12-57-2.jpeg

upload_2017-11-21_12-56-50.jpeg

Conor's wrong for imitating El Chapo, but I hope you see the difference between imitating a cartel leader and actually befriending a dictator.
no idea who either are really
dont care
if fighter x hangs out with them
let them
doesn't mean he's hacking people up too

how do you not see the relevance? Werdum is saying you should not put down a group of people by calling them bad words while associating with someone who does that and then some. Kadyrov basically says gays are filthy animals and should be deported to canada. Imagine if Colby went to that level and said all brazilians are disgusting and should be deported
If your point is that Werdum is a hypocrite then yes I agree. That's not what I mean by revelance though. Coolidge is trying to excuse Colbys behavior by pointing this out. I don't see how Werdum being a POS by supporting Kadyrov means that Colby was right in acting like an idiot, instigating a confrontation (which is basicly his M.O.) and then crying about getting a boomerang thrown in his face, and reporting it as assualt. An incident which left him completely unharmed, and this all entirely seperate from the Kadyrov thing.

Is it really impossible for you guys not to see the complexities, and not just automaticly cling to a side? It's about distinguishing.

'Lol platitude' Yes, that's exactly what it was.

Actually, they do. Werdum is being hailed as a champion against 'bigotry', but he supports one of the biggest bigots in all of the political world. The people criticizing Colby have largely ignored the fact that Werdum has associations with a dictator. There's no reason why the Colby incident should have caused more outrage than Werdum basically prostituting himself to a murderous dictator. 'that's basicly my point' You didn't have a point.
I can't speak for everyone else. I don't hail Werdum as any kind of champion against bigotry and I don't ignore the fact that he associate himself with Kadyrov. I called him a POS in this thread many times, and he truly is for doing that. Worst I've called Colby is an idiot.

The point is, now that you're forcing me to carve it out for you, that while Werdum can do something I do definitely not agree with and think is reprehensible, someone else like Colby can also do something I do not agree with, even if it's a confrontation between the two sides.

Isn't that just an amazing thing?

An incident which left him completely unharmed, and this all entirely seperate from the Kadyrov thing.

Except he wasn't 'unharmed'. Why are you repeating a lie? Colby had a visible bruise under his eye from Werdum's punch. Are you going to try and muddle and twist the definition of 'harm', like you all did with the word 'assault'?

I wouldn't associate with that piece of shit whatsoever.

Weird that Werdum will attack Colby over his comments about Brazil, yet associates with a guy like this in a friendly manner.

The point is, now that you're forcing me to carve it out for you, that while Werdum can do something I do definitely not agree with and think is reprehensible, someone else like Colby can also do something I do not agree with, even if it's a confrontation between the two sides.

Isn't that just an amazing thing?
No, the point is, if fans and MMA media are going to condemn Colby for calling a group of people 'filthy animals', then I expect to see an even greater reaction to the fact that Werdum willingly chose to befriend and support a man guilty of torture, murder, kidnapping, and all sorts of crimes against humanity.

Except he wasn't 'unharmed'. Why are you repeating a lie? Colby had a visible bruise under his eye from Werdum's punch. Are you going to try and muddle and twist the definition of 'harm', like you all did with the word 'assault'?
Would you define a papercut as being harmed?

The guy fights in a cage for a living and he barely had a slight and superficial bruise. If you've trained any full combat sports you'd know that you can barely have a 50% sparring session without getting a slight bruise. Bruises and small superficial injuries are also not worth worrying about at all.

Now if he'd been KO'd, concussed or dropped, that would have been a different story.

Here is another platitude for you; if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

No, the point is, if fans and MMA media are going to condemn Colby for calling a group of people 'filthy animals', then I expect to see an even greater reaction to the fact that Werdum willingly chose to befriend a man guilty of torture, murder, kidnapping, and all sorts of crimes against humanity.
Yeah, I'm completely on board with that. So far it seems that most people in this thread agree with that notion.

Would you define a papercut as being harmed?

The guy fights in a cage for a living and he barely had a slight and superficial bruise. If you've trained any full combat sports you'd know that you can barely have a 50% sparring session without getting a slight bruise. Bruised and small superficial injuries are also not worth worrying about at all.

Now if he'd been KO'd or dropped, that would have been a different story.

Here is another platitude for you; if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

If I took a piece of paper and cut your skin open with it, then that would qualify as harming you. If I take my fist, throw at your eye, hit you and do visible damage, then I just harmed you. If I take a hard object and throw it at your neck, then I just harmed you. This isn't difficult.

colby did nothing wrong and he didn't even started the confrontation if colby is saying the truth. again, the security camera in the hotel will tell the whole truth next month in court. if werdum did what colby said he did, werdum is getting badly fucked, and he will deserve it

rich people wanting to associate with modern day gladiators... is normal

Now if he'd been KO'd, concussed or dropped, that would have been a different story.

No, it wouldn't. Please stop spewing your bullshit. You don't have to KO, concuss, or drop someone in order to harm them. You said he was 'unharmed' during the incident. That is objectively false.

Bruises and small superficial injuries are also not worth worrying about at all.

No, it's not worth worrying about to you. It's worth worrying about to me, Colby Covington, and the police. You do understand that your own personal feelings don't dictate how everyone else is supposed to feel, correct? The police obviously felt that it was worth worrying about, which is why charges were filed.

No, it wouldn't. Please stop spewing your bullshit. You don't have to KO, concuss, or drop someone in order to harm them. You said he was 'unharmed' during the incident. That is objectively false.
If I took a piece of paper and cut your skin open with it, then that would qualify as harming you. If I take my fist, throw at your eye, hit you and do visible damage, then I just harmed you. If I take a hard object and throw it at your neck, then I just harmed you. This isn't difficult.
No, it's not worth worrying about to you. It's worth worrying about to me, Colby Covington, and the police. You do understand that your own personal feelings don't dictate how everyone else is supposed to feel, correct? The police obviously felt that it was worth worrying about, which is why charges were filed.

Oh please. Are you really that dense that you can't differentiate between levels of so called harm? Harm is a relative thing. Colby was no more harmed by that boomerang than Werdum was by the supposed legkick, nor should he press charges anymore than Werdum should.

PS: You are allowed to answer in one post, or even edit.

Back