Fabricio Werdum fails USADA drug test

the ufc hw defence record doesn't mean much.

I disagree 100%. The HW defense record stayed at 2 for 20 years until Stipe came along. Defenses always matter when talking about GOATS. Look at MM 12 defenses, Anderson 11 defenses, GSP 9 defenses, Bones 8 defenses. They matter.

Bro, you can't tell by looking. Barnett popped 4 times and has always looked like 10 pounds of shit stuffed in a 5 pound bag.
th

th
Lol. I concede my failure, that was a great point.
Did they test positive for an anabolic steroid, though?

I remember doing some research on a USADA video and reading somewhere that Barnett was allegedly exonerated, as he managed to successfully identify and explain the true reason why he tested positive.
I'll look it up real quick.

Not surprised by the stupid idiot shertards responses. Its innocent until proven guilty not the other way around. Smh...
War werdoom
War jones
WAR BLACK BEAST!

I have thought he was using since strikeforce I think he went off them for a little/was being more careful in the UFC as he his body slowly went back to what it used to be since resigning... But recent losses may have shaken his confidence

I disagree 100%. The HW defense record stayed at 2 for 20 years until Stipe came along. Defenses always matter when talking about GOATS. Look at MM 12 defenses, Anderson 11 defenses, GSP 9 defenses, Bones 8 defenses. They matter.

come on bro. Fedor is tied title defences in HW MMA premier organization. Nobody cares about when Andrei and Sylvia were trading belts back and fourth. The UFC HW div was never the best in the golden age of HW MMA and has since declined as well. And who is the premier fighter that Stipe beat? Who is the big nog or cro cop? the hw div has been garbage (still my fav div) for a long time. full of old guys and 1 round wonders. Not to mention Stipe already has multiple 1 round losses and came close to losing vs runareem

Not surprised by the stupid idiot shertards responses. Its innocent until proven guilty not the other way around. Smh...
War werdoom
War jones
WAR BLACK BEAST!
Um... you are talking about legal proceedings. USADA is not a court of law. "Innocent until proven guilty" concept doesn't apply here. USADA doesn't put him to prison, they prevent him from being licenced to fight in USA.

Lol. I concede my failure, that was a great point.
Did they test positive for an anabolic steroid, though?

I remember doing some research on a USADA video and reading somewhere that Barnett was allegedly exonerated, as he managed to successfully identify and explain the true reason why he tested positive.
I'll look it up real quick.

Barnett has tested positive on 4 occasions man. As far as the other guys, Tim Sylvia tested positive for Stanozolol, Hallman tested positive for Nandrolone, Leben was Stanozolol, Beltran was Nandrolone, and Ortega was Drostanolone.

Another thing you have to realize is that when some of these guys pop, its not for their entire cocktail, its for usually one indicator. Meaning they take other things as well.

Barnett has tested positive on 4 occasions man. As far as the other guys, Tim Sylvia tested positive for Stanozolol, Hallman tested positive for Nandrolone, Leben was Stanozolol, Beltran was Nandrolone, and Ortega was Drostanolone.

Another thing you have to realize is that when some of these guys pop, its not for their entire cocktail, its for usually one indicator. Meaning they take other things as well.

Found it.

"With a favorable arbitration result, did UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett expose some of the flaws with USADA’s anti-doping efforts? "
"MMAjunkie columnist Ben Fowlkes and retired UFC and WEC fighter Danny Downes discuss."

Fowlkes: "So it turns out Josh Barnett did not knowingly or willfully take the Ostarine that caused his most recent drug test failure. Such is the finding of an arbitration, who agreed that the culprit was a tainted supplement."
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/trading-shots-josh-barnett-case-usada-ufc-anti-doping-steroids

Um... you are talking about legal proceedings. USADA is not a court of law. "Innocent until proven guilty" concept doesn't apply here. USADA doesn't put him to prison, they prevent him from being licenced to fight in USA.
So youre saying theres never been a fighter flagged by usada and then had the charge dismissed or over turned? This is a process not automatically guilty. Jeesh ...

Found it.

"With a favorable arbitration result, did UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett expose some of the flaws with USADA’s anti-doping efforts? "
"MMAjunkie columnist Ben Fowlkes and retired UFC and WEC fighter Danny Downes discuss."

Fowlkes: "So it turns out Josh Barnett did not knowingly or willfully take the Ostarine that caused his most recent drug test failure. Such is the finding of an arbitration, who agreed that the culprit was a tainted supplement."
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/trading-shots-josh-barnett-case-usada-ufc-anti-doping-steroids

Yes I know about that but he tested positive 4 times in his career. He's a long term user.

Kinda sucks. I am glad it's at the end of Werdum career tho. It's only a matter of time for ALL fighters.

So youre saying theres never been a fighter flagged by usada and then had the charge dismissed or over turned? This is a process not automatically guilty. Jeesh ...

Sure, they get over turned sometimes, look at Yoel. We all know he is using though, how could you not? You think 40 year old men look like this natty?

The guy looks like a Superhero that just stepped out of a comic book and he's 40 years old.

th
th

th

No, what I am saying "guilty" or "innocent" are foreign concepts for anti-doping agencies.
What you are reffering to - "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal concept. It doesn't apply here. USADA is pretty much private organisation and WME is private company. They have their internal policies. If they say that Werdum has broken their internal policies - it's not subject to "innocent until proven guilty" clause.

I'm not saying necessarilly the entire roster but the top guys. You don't make it to the top without PED's, not IMO. If you are Top 10 in the world in anything you are probably on PED's.

Well let' be honest here.

We don't only consider fighters ability in determining his greatness.

-Often a lesser fighter will win because he has mastered weight cutting and retains a significant size advantage.

- Maybe then we should regard passing a PED in the same context where a fighter can still consume PED's while passing the test as another good criteria.

If 95% of fighters in the top 10 consume PED's and get away with it then shame on Werdum for getting caught.

Back