Fabricio 'Vai Cavalo' Werdum showcasing lighting-fast hands and feet! Overeem could be in trouble!

I think Werdum wins. He was getting better of the exchanges years ago when Reem was Uber. But who knows, I think Werdum could knock Overeem out. His chin is garbage. It's been cracked too many times.

Werdum was looking really solid standing against Reem in their last bout. Problem was he seemed to lack the confidence in keeping the fight there and that, of course, led to the flopping that cost him the fight. It will be interesting to see his approach this time out. He cannot get reckless, as Reem is capable of putting him out, But if he puts together his combinations with the punches and knees like he did in their last fight, he should be able to give Reem a lot of problems.

Doubt we will see much ground action in this one. Probably won't even be initiated unless someone gets dropped.

That´s just training I know, but he´d never be able to get in that range to use those kinda punches... well, not before eating a shit load of kicks and knees from Reem.

That workout is more for punching endurance, working on speed and coordinate etc.

They aren't gonna let film crews record combinations they plan on using for the actual fight. They don't want to give Overeem and his camp more than necessary insight into how he plans on fighting.

If werdum lands a jumping side kick as squarely as he did on browne, overeem will be overdream.

Werdum was looking really solid standing against Reem in their last bout. Problem was he seemed to lack the confidence in keeping the fight there and that, of course, led to the flopping that cost him the fight. It will be interesting to see his approach this time out. He cannot get reckless, as Reem is capable of putting him out, But if he puts together his combinations with the punches and knees like he did in their last fight, he should be able to give Reem a lot of problems.

Doubt we will see much ground action in this one. Probably won't even be initiated unless someone gets dropped.

They're both very different so its a pretty cool rematch. Werdum is vastly better at striking now, and he knows Overeem can be out struck. Overeem was a K-1 champ who seemed unbeatable and scary on the feet.

Overeem is now off the sauce, at least to the point he was on them before. No more Ubereem. But he is also more tactical and strategic after going to Jacksons.

Great rematch.

They're both very different so its a pretty cool rematch. Werdum is vastly better at striking now, and he knows Overeem can be out struck. Overeem was a K-1 champ who seemed unbeatable and scary on the feet.

Overeem is now off the sauce, at least to the point he was on them before. No more Ubereem. But he is also more tactical and strategic after going to Jacksons.

Great rematch.

Great points.

Is the winner of this fight the next contender? Kind of a weird situation since both lost to Stipe via KO not that long ago and yet both are clearly the top healthy contenders outside of Stipe.

You could fast track Ngannou but he still seems to require a bigger step up after AA to justify going in there for the belt.

Werdum drops Overeem and grabs a submission imo

Great points.

Is the winner of this fight the next contender? Kind of a weird situation since both lost to Stipe via KO not that long ago and yet both are clearly the top healthy contenders outside of Stipe.

You could fast track Ngannou but he still seems to require a bigger step up after AA to justify going in there for the belt.

I'd think so. Both kind of have different circumstances where rematches with Stipe are still interesting. Werdum went full retard running after Stipe which cost him. It was more a huge mental lapse than Stipe just being way better. Overeem had Stipe hurt, possibly could have finished him had he not gone for the guillotine, which was also pretty tight. So both are pretty interesting to me.

I think if one wins impressively they'll definitely get the title shot, but who knows. I def agree Ngannou needs another big win, but who knows with WME.

Werdum is just the superior fighter, Reem is always good for a no show match or a match where his chin doesn't show.

Honestly Werdum should get a rematch with Stipe, he fought like a tard that match and his resume is top notch

Back