Faber VS Barao stoppage

Pretty much a Faber hater but damn that was bad. I knew he was going to stop it the way Barao kept looking at him and throwing quick hammer fists. Seems like hammer fists get the fights stopped far too early cause they look so viscious even when they ain't doing jack.

Barao was winning for sure -but what a sham(e)...

Bad stoppage but honestly I think it was only going to get worse for Faber. He was getting pummeled by Barao

Everybody chill. There's plenty of time for Faber to prefect his turtling technique before he fights Weidman for the WM title...

Guess herb isn't entitled to a mistake..

A mistake? A man just got robbed of his chance at a world title and all the money and glory that goes along with it all the hard work he put it, dumbest fucking comment Ive read

Faber was making no attempt to move and was getting battered on the feet

Legit stoppage imo

Bad stoppage but it doesn't matter. Urijah was a turtle. He would have just taken more damage.

It was inevitable that Barao was going to win eventually, but, yeah, that was a horrible stoppage. Herb Dean looked like the only reason he stopped it was because Barao told him to.

I like Herb, if he had stopped the fight when Faber was flattened out, okay, fine. But he recovered and it's a damn Title fight...Herb messed this one up. Faber had an L coming anyway but it could've been a nice fight still going on.

BAD STOPPAGE IS BAD.

Faber defending his head and blocking all punches w/ a single-leg grip waiting for the chance to spring for a takedown. garbage stoppage.

I don't think people fully comprehend how difficult that job is.

Most of us would get in there and be fucking clueless what to do, even most of us longtime MMA fans. It's a fucking tricky job. Positioning, reading what's going on, protecting the fighters. Much harder in there live when it's happening right next to you.

I say it was good.

Ok, I see that Faber got rocked twice.

When he was on the ground a second time, he was NOT ADVANCING HIS POSITION to protect himself. He just sat there covering up. If you're rocked, you're not supposed to just sit there holding your hands up. You've got to move or fight back.

Again, seeing as he was rocked twice, I wouldn't say it was a bad call, but I won't heavily argue against it.

Terrible stoppage wow

barao was punching him in the arm

Not to mention Faber was covering up nicely. Barao was hitting him in the arms. I don't see how anyone could possible defend that stoppage. BAD.

934.gif

Baby punches to Faber's arm. Bad stoppage. Herb's first early stoppage, everyone fucks up sometimes.

He was on his way out most likely, but I thought it was a bad time to stop it. Barao wasn't landing hard shots at the moment it was stopped. Faber may have been able to ride it out to the end of the round. Oh well. The worst part of it is that it inserts unnecessary controversy into one of Barao's most impressive performances.

Back