F2W Pro 35 Dallas...they let me do commentary/Eddie Joins Team sloth

NateTx4112

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So the Fight to Win Pro event was in my home town this week and I got a message from the team "Hey you are doing commentary tomorrow"

Ok....cool, never done that lets see how it goes. So I got paired up with F2W Pro veteran Jose Angel Llanas and we had a good time as I tried not to screw things up. Eddie Cummings was supposed to be on the card but was a late scratch due to opponent pulling out from injuries sustained in a car wreck (he's ok, but wasn't able to fight). So Eddie already had tickets booked and a seminar (today) so he came anyways and joined us for commentary. It's been a surreal year for me opening up my own academy (Sloth BJJ) which I had no plans to, getting so much love and support locally and abroad (Hell I shipped T-shirts to Australia and Canada), and now getting to do commentary for a Pro event with Eddie Cummings.

When Eddie sat down the first thing out of his mouth was "So I finally get to meet the famous Sloth" which just still seems odd for someone like him to know anything about me. Reddit fame has been kind and Eddie is a great sport. So he told me my academy shirts were awesome and I of course had an extra few on me and he was happy to sport one for a pic at the end of the event. Just wanted to share/solid brag about my awesome night.

Any questions about the event feel free to ask or if you listened to it...I'm sorry if I was terrible.

Great Man! Sharing thoughts with eddie must be pretty awesome

That's cool man. It's such a great sport that way. The elite and the relatively normal people like us are not so far apart. Oddly enough I find that to be true in MMA as well, it's just such a small world of people who are really serious about fighting primarily because they enjoy it.

So the Fight to Win Pro event was in my home town this week and I got a message from the team "Hey you are doing commentary tomorrow"

Ok....cool, never done that lets see how it goes. So I got paired up with F2W Pro veteran Jose Angel Llanas and we had a good time as I tried not to screw things up. Eddie Cummings was supposed to be on the card but was a late scratch due to opponent pulling out from injuries sustained in a car wreck (he's ok, but wasn't able to fight). So Eddie already had tickets booked and a seminar (today) so he came anyways and joined us for commentary. It's been a surreal year for me opening up my own academy (Sloth BJJ) which I had no plans to, getting so much love and support locally and abroad (Hell I shipped T-shirts to Australia and Canada), and now getting to do commentary for a Pro event with Eddie Cummings.

When Eddie sat down the first thing out of his mouth was "So I finally get to meet the famous Sloth" which just still seems odd for someone like him to know anything about me. Reddit fame has been kind and Eddie is a great sport. So he told me my academy shirts were awesome and I of course had an extra few on me and he was happy to sport one for a pic at the end of the event. Just wanted to share/solid brag about my awesome night.

Any questions about the event feel free to ask or if you listened to it...I'm sorry if I was terrible.

That's really cool.

Awesome bro!

Wish you the best. You're one of the good guys for sure.

Thanks everyone...really has been an amazing ride so far!

Cool, I fight on the ftw37 next month. Will be my 3rd appearance!

Very cool story. Happy things are working out for you and the school!

Excellent! It's so good to read positives happening within the community. You put in the hard work and kept it positive, why not expect to reap the benefits. Rock on!!

Very cool, you did a great job. The judges blew the Frazatto/Rader decision though :(

Very cool, you did a great job. The judges blew the Frazatto/Rader decision though :(
What you don't see/hear there is them telling Frazatto to stop fleeing. Basically he would get to the edge so Justin couldn't attack his jumping guillotine flip. He was warned multiple times if he continued to do it "flat out we won't give you the decision" everytime they were getting reset. If he had stopped doing that I think he would have gotten the nod.

Back