Ezekiel Choke Details?

dudeguyman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a very specific question about the ezekiel choke. From what i can understand you're essentially forming a rear naked choke. but you are putting the enemy's throat in a different point of the "triangle". if you form a rear naked choke without anybody in it and put the hand that would be pushing there head and put it on your shoulder, which i always do even if somebody is in there because its so good you will see what i mean. anyway, my question is how to get that hand of mine to my shoulder or wherever it goes. basically i cannot cut off one of there cartaroid's because i am doing something incorrectly and cannot get my forearm bone there.

PS. any other little details you have to add to this technique that aren't what i'm asking for are welcome as well. thirsty for knowledge on this technique.

This is the best detail I've ever gotten although most people don't do the choke like this

This should start at 9:31

I don't know if it works with cartaroids the same way it works with carotids.

This is the best detail I've ever gotten although most people don't do the choke like this

I learned this one from Fabio Gurgel and Lucas Lepri. (They focus a bit more on the fist behind the neck and chair sit to the back at the same time, but it's the same idea.) The trick is that it doesn't feel to the attacker like it's doing anything, but you just hold with moderate pressure for 5-10 seconds and they tap. It's $$$$.

Arteries? I like to ezekiel with my forearm across their adams apple for the quicker tap. it's more of a tap from pain then it is a choke but it's more effective, IMO.

yes, thank You that video is awesome. they got that triangle shit yo

Arteries? I like to ezekiel with my forearm across their adams apple for the quicker tap. it's more of a tap from pain then it is a choke but it's more effective, IMO.
i understand but i prefer blood chokes because i can incapacitate someone in under ten seconds once the chokes in.

its so funny im reviewing ryan halls arm triangles dvd currently and still trying to figure out the back Ezekiel lol

as for the initial question its really driving that hand through, forcing opponents shoulder up to cut off their own carotid so that your hand can reach the other side, at least in the no gi Ezekiel version, then grab your other bicep

ryan hall has a couple vids on youtube I think addressing this

Try twisting your other arm, like when going for a reverse kimura like this :

This way you get more pressure , it's like exhaling - inhaling when doing RNC or darce.

Last edited:
Back