Eye gouge fail in bjj fight

Matsukaze

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

I'm sure this has been posted on here already but this is a good example of what will happen when someone says they will gouge your eyes out in a grappling fight. I thought the bjj guy actually could have done more damage than what he did. Props for him for not ripping the guys arm off and beating him with it.

I'm sure this has been posted on here already but this is a good example of what will happen when someone says they will gouge your eyes out in a grappling fight. I thought the bjj guy actually could have done more damage than what he did. Props for him for not ripping the guys arm off and beating him with it.

It's actually pretty interesting to see how dirty fighting can be countered by submissions. Like this Guy extending his arm when mounted to try and eye gouge, but instead gets instantly armbarred.

The eye gouge, or eye poke is just an attack on a softer/vital tissue. It can be no less or more effective than a strike to a harder target like the mouth, or the liver. MMA has plenty of examples of strikers having successfully stopped grapplers with strikes.

Of course in those examples, the strikers knew how to protect a safe position, improve/change their position, and how not to get into a bad spot or even what a bad spot is. The karateka in the OP vid should have improve his position a little better or change to a safer spot before attempting the gouge/poke. Then maybe use the gouge/poke as distraction to further get back to a safer base. Then once there he can poke away.

The gouge/poke is not meant to be a dim mak move. When the karateka was under mount, he needs to escape, and pull guard. He can pull the grappler in closer and control him. Then he can really drive a finger in very deep.

I like when the karate guy runs at him with his hands at his side lol

The eye gouge, or eye poke is just an attack on a softer/vital tissue. It can be no less or more effective than a strike to a harder target like the mouth, or the liver. MMA has plenty of examples of strikers having successfully stopped grapplers with strikes.

Of course in those examples, the strikers knew how to protect a safe position, improve/change their position, and how not to get into a bad spot or even what a bad spot is. The karateka in the OP vid should have improve his position a little better or change to a safer spot before attempting the gouge/poke. Then maybe use the gouge/poke as distraction to further get back to a safer base. Then once there he can poke away.

The gouge/poke is not meant to be a dim mak move. When the karateka was under mount, he needs to escape, and pull guard. He can pull the grappler in closer and control him. Then he can really drive a finger in very deep.

And what do you think it’s going to happen if a guy who’s in guard tries to eye gouge his opponent? WHats stoppinf the guy in top of doing the same, but with gravity in his side? Trying to dirty strike your way out of a grappling situation it’s a horrible tactic...

Dirty shit is for surprising your opponent with a hard blow, not once your in the ground grappling with a dude.

And what do you think it’s going to happen if a guy who’s in guard tries to eye gouge his opponent? WHats stoppinf the guy in top of doing the same, but with gravity in his side? Trying to dirty strike your way out of a grappling situation it’s a horrible tactic...

Dirty shit is for surprising your opponent with a hard blow, not once your in the ground grappling with a dude.

If the guy on top want to play dirty, then as I stated, the guy on bottom better make sure he in a position he can defend from. It will turn into a game of dirty tactics. Whoever plays the dirtiest, and defend the dirty wins. So, as I stated, you better be able to change positions or keep a position, know what positions to be in etc, etc in order to fully maximize your dirty tactics.

I like when the karate guy runs at him with his hands at his side lol

I thought the same thing..... he never gave himself a chance with a tactic like that. Take a stance and let the feet fly or something. I know.. I will just walk up to him and stare into his eyes and my gaze will make him submit Lol !!

Back