Exxon Mobil to invest $50 billion in US over 5 years, citing tax reform

bobgeese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Please Mr President, we can’t take all this winning.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/29/exx...ion-in-us-over-5-years-citing-tax-reform.html
  • Exxon Mobil on Monday said it plans to invest $50 billion in the United States over the next five years, saying its decision is partly due to corporate tax cuts.
  • The investment will go towards increasing production in the Permian basin in western Texas and eastern New Mexico.

I hope that 50 billion was worth a flock of seagulls covered in oil

"These are all possible because of the resource base developed by our industry along with sound tax and regulatory policies that create a pro-growth business climate here in the U.S."

Dilly dilly.

I dont really mind, cheap oil in the US usually spills into Mexico.

That being said, sadly the oil spills also make it here.

The investment will go into increasing production....that sounds like an Exxon investment not a US investment

Please Mr President, we can’t take all this winning.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/29/exx...ion-in-us-over-5-years-citing-tax-reform.html

• Exxon Mobil on Monday said it plans to invest $50 billion in the United States over the next five years, saying its decision is partly due to corporate tax cuts.
    • The investment will go towards increasing production in the Permian basin in western Texas and eastern New Mexico.
Investment in fossil fuels. Great idea. Thanks.

Does the oil industry really needs a tax break?

Maybe, maybe not, but cries for sea birds that the vast, vats majority of the oil industry does nothing to effect, while enriching every man, woman, and child on earth is nothing short of insanely misguided.

The oil industry as bete noir to the world is woeful logic.

I would gladly pay my share to see a flock of seagulls covered in oil.
tenor.gif

How much of that will be invested in lobbying? More fracking I assume, I hear that it's great for our water systems.

Clearly this is Obamas win.

Back