Extreme swamp draining underway: ex- Goldman-Sachs CEO Gary Cohn rumored for fed chair

I'm not losing sleep over it.

"Oh no, Trump has hired a competent, successful man to work for him! Outrageous!"

This issue is not competence, it's the obv conflicts of interest and contradiction to trumps message. Finance is arguably the biggest swamp out there and trump just hired the ex head of a firm that has benefited massively from that swamp as its chief regulator. Either you think trumps swamp message is BS and think it's better to have an insider running the show or you buy his message and this is a disaster, the way you trumpers want to have it both ways all the time is comical.

????

are you really making that comparison

gary cohn isnt a criminal, hes just rich. he didnt get rich by circumventing the fed, he got rich by understanding the system.

a better comparison would be making el chapo the head of your meth ring

Or he got rich by changing the system to his favor. We really dont know.

If there's reason to believe they're not following the law, then they should not have absolute protection that would shield it from exposure. Trump needs to do something about the Fed, and I wouldn't even mind him getting rid of it entirely, it acts as a more of a destabilizing entity and is completely out of control.

hello JSnake,

Ron Paul lost in 2008, get over it.

- IGIT

hello JSnake,

Ron Paul lost in 2008, get over it.

- IGIT

He ran again in 2012 actually.

7drHiqr.gif

Why do we need some "high finance" guy? Can it not be someone from the retail bank side? Most Muricans do more business with retail banks than we do with hedge funds, Private Equity or an I-Bank. The lower you are on the rungs of the retail bank, the more you deal with joe schmos, and joe the plumbers. Yes people have mutual funds, IRAs, and what nots, but that is through middle men.

1.- So you dont know the dual purpose of the federal reserve.

2.- The Fed was created through Congress and its heads are appointed by elected officials. The President is not king, it has to follow the law.

3.- The Federal Reserve and the US Tresaury are 2 different things, and it doesnt decides whether the US enters into debt or not, thats the job of Congress at the behest of the Executive.

I dislike most of your posts, but man I love how you admit to speaking poor English if at all and yet are quite well read in English and can type proficiently.

Why do we need some "high finance" guy? Can it not be someone from the retail bank side? Most Muricans do more business with retail banks than we do with hedge funds, Private Equity or an I-Bank. The lower you are on the rungs of the retail bank, the more you deal with joe schmos, and joe the plumbers. Yes people have mutual funds, IRAs, and what nots, but that is through middle men.

Yeah Jamie Dimon would make more sense or Stephen Sanger.

Still though Cohn could bring a new element to the FED and he has lots of knowledge of International finance especially from the commodity and general investment side.

And btw Cohn wants Glass Steagal reinstated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone connected to Goldman Sachs upper management should be besten with hoses during the next super bowl half time show.

I dislike most of your posts, but man I love how you admit to speaking poor English if at all and yet are quite well read in English and can type proficiently.

Because i dont travel much so i dont get to practice my pronunciation much.

I have improved my ability to understand spoken english a lot though, i still use subtitles in movies, but i use english subtitles with english audio.

At this point I'm just glad he didn't pick Palin or one of his garbage relatives.

By all means, expound upon your vast wisdom: How exactly is Cohn worse than Yellen?

It's not so much that, it's about not understanding how the federal reserve system works, and why rates didn't go up under Obama but are now under Trump. There's a ton of literature out there about how the various fed banks and how the federal open market committee works that you should read up on.

Yeah Jamie Dimon would make more sense or Stephen Sanger.

Still though Cohn could bring a new element to the FED and he has lots of knowledge of International finance especially from the commodity and general investment side.

And btw Cohn wants Glass Steagal reinstated.

Actually, I am thinking of people lower on the rung. Maybe a regional branch manager, or state level director. They more in tune with the general public. They moved up, and started out doing business mostly with the average folk. Or at least some of them started from the ground up.

Like this this @lecter guy, seems pro trump but still calls it like it is, any trump fan asking what the issue is with having a GS guy as the FC should thank the lord cognitive dissonance is not painful.

I have very little respect for any Trump supporter but lecter just went up a few notches.

Spot on with the cognitive dissonance part though. How do you deal with thinking you're a generally decent, responsible person but also voted in a guy that's doing all this.

What were the chants we'd hear at every Trump rally?

"Lock her up!"
"Drain the swamp!"
"Build that wall!"

Hmmm...

What were the chants we'd hear at every Trump rally?

"Lock her up!"
"Drain the swamp!"
"Build that wall!"

Hmmm...

HIRE THE EXPERIENCED CONFLICTED INSIDER!!!!

ONLY FIRE SOME PEOPLE BUT NOT ALL PEOPLE!!!!!!

DADDY IS REBEL EXCEPT WHEN HE IS NOT THEN HE IS JUST DOING WHAT POLITICIANS DO NOT HIS FAULT

that's what I remember.....

Again I am disturbed by the lack of education in this place.

Everyone freaked out at Trump claiming he is a nationalist and a globalist and people claimed the two are conflciting and not possible.

However, if you actually understand the definitions of both and understand and realize that there are MANY MANY different types of nationalism it makes sense.

China practices ethno-nationalism as does Saudi Arabia and they are in many ways big fans of economic globalization (excluding free movement of people into their borders). One can repeat the benefits of globalization or be in favor of more global unity and integration (like Japan does) while still preserving their culture, borders and homogenity.

Trump is at best a fan of Civic nationalism like the French used to be, so one could in theory be in favor of that model for the US concerning immigration and domestic factors while also wanting to expand and make the movement of global capital easier.

Back