Extreme Sportsmanship is Unsportsmanlike

kennysux

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Amazing card overall, but I don't think it is really fair to stop the fight to hug it out during the middle of the fight. The Korean Zombie is a pressure fighter and Yair is a counter-striker. It is unfair for the counter-striker to stop the fight and do what my mom's friend called "extreme sportsmanship." It is unfair because if the pressure fighter does not give in, then he/she is looked as a cheater/punk/etc. and the pace of the fight is interuppted.

Interuppting the pace of the fight using the crowd should no be allowed i think. Maybe its like exposing the 4th wall kind of because the pressure fighter usually are crowd pleasers.

Also it is kind of funny, but my african american friend was over yesterday and kept calling Yair "skinny brenden schaub looking "N word ending in A."" It's kind of racist i guess but he kept saying it and it was funny. I feel a little guilty. But we all thought it was funny.

Even Felder was yelling stop doing that and fight. remember?

GDR also did it with Raquel in a smaller scale before each round. This is unfair for pressure fighters because they have to stop their pressure to shake hands, hug, etc. It is unfair because if the pressure fighter does not give in, then he/she is looked as a cheater/punk/etc.

I also think it is a dirty trick.

That being said. They are both great fighters and I wish them the best.

it can be gamesmanship under certain circumstances, for sure. and like you said, there's really no way to refuse cooperating with it as the other fighter, without looking like a complete douchebag.

Kenny, you're awesome!

IdunnoWhocares here,

Hi Kenny. I can't comment on the fight because I haven't watched it yet. I live in Europe and didn't feel like staying up all night to watch the fights. The friend of my mum hasn't watched it yet either. Maybe we will watch the replay on FightPass together. I'll call him up tomorow.

Not looking like a douche should not be a priority.

Back