Explosive decompression on Southwest Air flight. (Passenger partially sucked out of fuselage)

One person who was a passenger on the plane has died.
From the article:

"It was the first passenger fatality on a U.S. airline since 2009."

Flying a US airline is safer than eating a sandwich. Safer than ANYTHING.

That's a hell of a story to tell everyone at a house party when everyone is coked off their face and it's story time..

"No seriously! I was sucked out of a fucking plane and then pulled back in"

Or you could just dead-pan a response to all questions about the flight with "Yeah, it kinda sucked"

Technically she was blown out by the pressure inside the plane. Good reason to keep the seat belt on.
if you have ever seen any of those sudden CAT (Clear Air Turbulence) video's of planes suddenly dropping up to 50ft in a second and everyone and anything not strapped in bouncing off the roof of the plane, like it is zero G, you would always keep your seat belt on when seated.

I remember this incident in Hawaii. I was amazed the plane flew in this condition and safely landed.

True Story.

Westjet flights here in Canada give you access to Discovery Channel shows and one show I love to watch is called MayDay which is an examination of real airline crashes. The start of each episode usually starts with the spectacular and sensationalized crash.

So I am seated on this flight and sure enough MayDay is an option to watch. Without thinking about it I pop it on before we even take off and put my ear buds in. Sitting beside me is a couple and I look over at the horrified look on the ladies face as she is looking at my screen and the plane crash as it cartwheels into flames during takeoff unfolding in the sensationalized opening of the show. her man is looking at me in disgust.

i quickly turn off the show, and say to them, "oops I did not know what this show was about and its probably not appropriate for a flight. Boy I wish there was some type of warning" and it was left at that for an otherwise awkward flight the rest of the way. I glanced her way during take off and she was clinging to her man with her head on his shoulder.

Ya I felt bad. Wanted to watch the rest of the episode but didn't.

I remember a similar accident where a hostess was sucked out of the plane and they never recovered the body. <6>

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: This is seriously my worst fear about flying is getting sucked out of the plane to fall to my death.

Southwest has the highest safety record amongst all planes I believe.

Dear lord that's one of my nightmares!!! The real reason I never buy a window seat, I'm an aisle guy!

This was the first thing I saw after I turned my cell phone on waiting to get off the plane this afternoon. Dodged that bullet!

Worst thing about this is it's giving me Alien Resurrection flashbacks

Mate, me too. This is like one my biggest fears of flying. What if some prick has a gun and shoots a hole in the side of the plane near me? Am I going to get sucked the fuck out of the tiny hole like that Alien in that movie? Can that even happen? I don't know but its worth thinking about.

That's a hell of a story to tell everyone at a house party when everyone is coked off their face and it's story time..

"No seriously! I was sucked out of a fucking plane and then pulled back in"
The punchline is hard to deliver. "and then I died"

True Story.

Westjet flights here in Canada give you access to Discovery Channel shows and one show I love to watch is called MayDay which is an examination of real airline crashes. The start of each episode usually starts with the spectacular and sensationalized crash.

So I am seated on this flight and sure enough MayDay is an option to watch. Without thinking about it I pop it on before we even take off and put my ear buds in. Sitting beside me is a couple and I look over at the horrified look on the ladies face as she is looking at my screen and the plane crash as it cartwheels into flames during takeoff unfolding in the sensationalized opening of the show. her man is looking at me in disgust.

i quickly turn off the show, and say to them, "oops I did not know what this show was about and its probably not appropriate for a flight. Boy I wish there was some type of warning" and it was left at that for an otherwise awkward flight the rest of the way. I glanced her way during take off and she was clinging to her man with her head on his shoulder.

Ya I felt bad. Wanted to watch the rest of the episode but didn't.

I was told that this scene was cut from the movie on all flights. Is that true or just an urban legend?

Back