Crime Explosions at Brussels airport and subway station, at least 35 dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, they targeted the civilians of the group they had decided they were going to violently oppose?

Sounds like the difference is one of scope and size of their 'enemy'.

Oh another nihilist.

I'll play along, although I can't believe that I am having this conversation.

What is more dangerous to the world, the guy who wants to kill his neighbor or the guy who wants to kill everybody ?

I guess you could say that between a murder and a genocide, the difference is one of scope and size of the 'enemy' ?

Also, I am not aware of IRA putting people on fire, pushing gays off roofs, wiping out entire villages, slicing people throats on the internet and executing women & children.

You are out of your mind.

What?

Both groups set off bombs and hurt innocent people because they viewed those people as their 'enemies'.

The difference is one of scale. Which terrorist group is "more dangerous to the world"? The one with worldly ambitions and resources, but that in no way absolves one group of being murdering terrorist scum.

When did I say the IRA killed more people? What the fuck do the crusades have to do with ISIS? You seem quite articulate but I think you're arguing with yourself because you're not reading my posts.

And you actually do sound like a reasonable person so I'll adress your points :
- I am not saying that you said that the IRA killed more people, and I don't understand why you would think that. It sounds like you are trying to deflect. What I am saying is that the IRA civilian killings were targeting protestants in the British Isles and were ipso facto less RANDOM than ISI's killings, which target many types of people all over the world.
- the crusades thing is kind of an internet meme for taking pokes @ western self-loathing nihilists, who will downplay any atrocity currently done by non-western people by bringing up the fact that western christians commited atrocities a thousand years ago.

Just saw the british MP's Theresa May and Andy Burnham carry on with their cowardly schtick.."don't represent Islam", "Muslims are peaceful" etc...makes me sick. What a bunch of lying cowards

Any person who doesn't value the fundamental principles of freedom, does not derserve to reap the benefits from them. That's my point, plain and simple

So you extend this type of thinking to the Muslims that come to the West that don't value the fundamental principles of freedom, and you think they should go back to where they came from, then?

What?

Both groups set off bombs and hurt innocent people because they viewed those people as their 'enemies'.

The difference is one of scale. Which terrorist group is "more dangerous to the world"? The one with worldly ambitions and resources, but that in no way absolves one group of being murdering terrorist scum.

Sure, both are scum. Killing innocent civilians is a rotten thing to do.

But no, there are different types of scum. Some lower than others.

For the aforementionned reasons.

And you actually do sound like a reasonable person so I'll adress your points :
- I am not saying that you said that the IRA killed more people, and I don't understand why you would think that. It sounds like you are trying to deflect. What I am saying is that the IRA civilian killings were targeting protestants in the British Isles and were ipso facto less RANDOM than ISI's killings, which target many types of people all over the world.
- the crusades thing is kind of an internet meme for taking pokes @ western self-loathing nihilists, who will downplay any atrocity currently done by non-western people by bringing up the fact that western christians commited atrocities a thousand years ago.

Ok fair enough. So it kind of sounds like your point is the IRA (and don't get me wrong, the UDA/UVF also) were terrorist groups that were based in Northern Ireland and carried out attacks in the British Isles only.Where as ISIS are a global terrorist group. I'm not denying any of this. I just don't see what makes them any less morally correct.

What I also don't see is why you've assumed I'm a self loathing nihilist who's downplaying ISIS' actions by saying they have similarities with other terrorist groups like the IRA. I mean, it's hardly a compliment.

Last edited:
Ok fair enough. So it kind of sounds like the IRA (and don't get me wrong, the UDA/UVF also) were terrorist groups that were based in Northern Ireland and carried out attacks in the British Isles only.Where as ISIS are a global terrorist group. I'm not denying any of this. I just don't see what makes them any less morally correct.

What I also don't see is why you've assumed I'm a self loathing nihilist who's downplaying ISIS' actions by saying they have similarities with other terrorist groups like the IRA. I mean, it's hardly a compliment.

Your ideas and making excuses are part of the problem. The west is just disunited and toothless and will be raked over the coals for the next few decades. Congratulations.

The 700 million in aid we have to Haiti after the 2010 earthquake says otherwise. Foot, meet mouth.
That was a natural disaster, a bit different.

Attacks of similar size happen all the time and you don't hear much about it , im not actually bothered by it ,this in a way is much closer to home so to speak, its understandable.

A person that murders someone = A person that commits mass genocide millions

They are exactly the same from a moral standpoint. ... According to you.

That's really not what I'm saying. You're comparing one member of a terrorist organization with the actions of an entire terrorist organization personified (somehow?) in another person. I definitely wasn't doing that.

If someone went out in the street and murdered 5 innocent people because they presumed they didn't agree with their religious/political beliefs, they're a terrorist. That makes them a pretty shitty person to say the least. If someone joined ISIS and murdered 5 innocent people in the street because Allahu Ackbar kill the infidel etc, how does that make them any more/less evil?

I don't think murder is excusable in any way shape or form. I'm not downplaying/justifying anything lol

So you extend this type of thinking to the Muslims that come to the West that don't value the fundamental principles of freedom, and you think they should go back to where they came from, then?

Yes, I do.

My beef in this thread is with the posters who calls for singling out a class of people, simply from being guilty by association, and strip them of their fundamental rights. I don't care what religion you belong to, if you support that line of thought, then I think you can go fuck right off.

There's no Christian equivalent to ISIL, or theocracies like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan for that matter. Even atheists have more claim to being oppressive of those that differ from their ideology when considering the extreme anti-religion stance that the official governments of China and North Korea adhere to. Aside from very isolated groups, Christianity in the modern age has rarely produced extremists with the scope and influence that Islamic terrorists possess.

What's this, over a thousand posts because 35 people died overseas in violence today.

Must be white people who died, or and/or Europeans, or Australians.
so the murder of 35 white people shouldnt be talked about?....because theyre white?

lol, i swear some of you fucks are sick in the head

Brussels attack: 2 brothers ID'd as suicide bombers, 1 suspect 'on the run'

(CNN) Two brothers blew themselves up during bloody terrorist attacks that rocked Belgium's capital and, in fact, all of Europe -- and the nightmare isn't over, with at least one other attacker still on the loose.

Belgian federal prosecutor Frederic Van Leeuw identified Ibrahim El Bakraoui as one of two suicide bombers at the Brussels airport and his brother, Khalid El Bakraoui, as the man behind a deadly suicide blast about an hour later on a train near the Maelbeek metro station.

There has been no official word yet on the identity of two other men seen, alongside Ibrahim El Bakraoui, pushing luggage carts through the Brussels Airport in a photo released by authorities Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/europe/brussels-investigation/

Brussels attack: 2 brothers ID'd as suicide bombers, 1 suspect 'on the run'

(CNN) Two brothers blew themselves up during bloody terrorist attacks that rocked Belgium's capital and, in fact, all of Europe -- and the nightmare isn't over, with at least one other attacker still on the loose.

Belgian federal prosecutor Frederic Van Leeuw identified Ibrahim El Bakraoui as one of two suicide bombers at the Brussels airport and his brother, Khalid El Bakraoui, as the man behind a deadly suicide blast about an hour later on a train near the Maelbeek metro station.

There has been no official word yet on the identity of two other men seen, alongside Ibrahim El Bakraoui, pushing luggage carts through the Brussels Airport in a photo released by authorities Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/europe/brussels-investigation/

Haven't they identified the one wearing the hat in the widely distributed picture as being Najim Laachraoui?

As I suspected, there was a primary bomb maker. The last guy on the run is suspected of being the bomb maker for both the Brussels attack and the Paris attack. Bomb makers are "VIP's" which is why he remained alive while the other two blew themselves up. In my opinion, he's the most dangerous of the bunch. I'm curious to know how he received his training.

Laachraoui is suspected to be the maker of the bombs used Tuesday, Dina reports. Her counterterrorism sources say Laachraoui's fingerprints were found on the luggage bombs used in the Brussels attack as well as explosive vests that were used in Paris.

Abdeslam himself may have been planning on participating in the attacks on Brussels, Dina says.

She reports that counterterrorism officials "say they now believe that Abdeslam wanted his lawyer to announce he was cooperating publicly so others he was working with could move up the timetable of their attacks." She adds:

"Officials are investigating, but believe that the attacks were supposed to happen closer to Easter and were supposed to be much bigger. There are still a number of cells they believe are preparing strikes. They believe the bomb factory they raided last night is just one of several sprinkled around Belgium."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160323

I hope they take him alive and make him squeal like a pig because he's really the key to all of this and can expose the entire operation.

As I suspected, there was a primary bomb maker. The last guy on the run is suspected of being the bomb maker for both the Brussels attack and the Paris attack. Bomb makers are "VIP's" which is why he remained alive while the other two blew themselves up. In my opinion, he's the most dangerous of the bunch. I'm curious to know how he received his training.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160323

I hope they take him alive and make him squeal like a pig because he's really the key to all of this and can expose the entire operation.

They're only using TATP. It's highschool bucket chemistry. I heard one of the bombs supposedly went off spontaneously, which means they didn't even do a particularly good job of that.

Liberal Facebook strikes again, the comments are even more pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back