Explain to me why you think McGregor was impressive?

If he were to box again, the Commission needs to review his sparring sessions. He should not be in a sanctioned bout if he cant prove he has the endurance. He was breathing heavy after rnd 2. I thought he won rnd 8, but he was shot. His punches had no sting. And the Commission should force him to have a boxing trainer. If this fight did whats expected, he's going to get offers. Hell, TMT will probably work with him. Conor needs to be careful though. A power puncher could really hurt him.

Either way, he needs to spar 24-36 rnds routinely and get his cardio in order.

Tell you what, we'll have a return match Floyd v Conor in MMA and see if that goes any better than James Toney v Randy Couture !!
839713600.jpg
Are you really going to pull that?

Isn't MMA the sport of fighting? Boxing, Wrestling and BJJ all into one?

How come we are yet to see a UFC fighter win a boxing world title let alone a win over a top 50 in boxing?

I would like the exposure that would give Spence but you're right. It would not be ethical to have Spence wreck a guy who doesn't belong there.

Spence, brook, Garcia, Thurman would all end it viciously within 3 and they all give up size. If he ever gets in the ring again it will be against paulie, and no one wants to see that

Floyd aged terribly. His quickness and timing were way off. In that one uppercut that Conor landed, he inexplicably threw the right at Conor's chest when his chin was wide freakin open.

Floyd from 2014 and before lights his ass up bad.

I wouldn't say he has aged terribly relative to a lot of other fighters at 40, but yeah, his timing, reflexes, and speed are not close to what they used to be. It took him several rounds before he could land his right hand at will. You could notice him struggle with the same things against Pacquiao and Berto.

I was impressed he didn't get stopped

Oh wait

Nothing really impressed me, to be quite honest. He did exceed some expectations, which were very low to begin with, but let's not conflate the two.

Pluses: decent chin, decent jab, decent reaction skills
Minuses: bad/awkward footwork, poor cardio, no power, rabbit punches

He can work on some of those things to get a little better, but I doubt his cardio will ever improve. At 27 and stuck between MMA and boxing, I don't see that happening. You have to focus on one sport and not both for him to get any better.

The funny thing is that the Floyd Conor didn't imagine fighting in the wettest of dreams actually showed up; rusty, slightly out of shape, and willing to stand right front of him ...and Conor could do fuck all about it.

I have no idea why Ward, Khan, Leonard and others are praising him. Maybe their opinion of MMA guys was so abysmal that they actually expected him to land nothing and get stopped in 3.

To me, he looked like the hype job I expected. A guy with a 20+ lb weight advantage gassing 3 rounds in and getting hit by 50, 60 and even 70% of the power shots his opponent throws is just awful.

Its impressive that this fight ever took place, never did I think in my wildest dreams that this fight would ever happen.

How come we are yet to see a UFC fighter win a boxing world title let alone a win over a top 50 in boxing?

1. because UFC contract does not allow that and 2. top 50 boxing match would pay what? 3 figures, maybe 4 if you were on a big name card? I mean there are top 10 guys who struggle to make 10k / fight in boxing.

Tevin Farmer is ranked #10 at junior lightweight and made 15k his last disclosed purse and he's been fighting for what 6 years and 30 fights and who knows how many years as an ammy. I mean for comparison Mike Perry has been doing mma for 3 years and 11 fights with no prior experience and signed to UFC for 14k/14k and made 78k for his win+bonus over Ellenberger + reebok money.

This is part of the reason why you see less and less US youth going into boxing. Yea they see the mayweather pay days and maybe that draws some guys like Wilder, but otherwise if you have some athleticism and can take a punch. UFC/MMA is much better opportunity for significantly more money on a shorter time frame.

Last edited:
1. because UFC contract does not allow that and 2. top 50 boxing match would pay what? 3 figures, maybe 4 if you were on a big name card? I mean there are top 10 guys who struggle to make 10k / fight in boxing.

Tevin Farmer is ranked #10 at junior lightweight and made 15k his last disclosed purse and he's been fighting for what 6 years and 30 fights and who knows how many years as an ammy. I mean for comparison Mike Perry has been doing mma for 3 years and 11 fights with no prior experience and signed to UFC for 14k/14k and made 78k for his win+bonus over Ellenberger + reebok money.

This is part of the reason why you see less and less US youth going into boxing. Yea they see the mayweather pay days and maybe that draws some guys like Wilder, but otherwise if you have some athleticism and can take a punch. UFC/MMA is much better opportunity for significantly more money on a shorter time frame.
You can't honestly say that when Floyd draws enough to set you up for life. So does pacman, so did Tyson until he pissed it away.

You can't honestly say that when Floyd draws enough to set you up for life. So does pacman, so did Tyson until he pissed it away.

I'm talking more from a never going to be elite stand point. MMA is better $ and faster. Also both sports are so niche i dont really think any young kids look at it that way anyways, they look at baseball, basketball football contract numbers and want to play those

i still can't believe that retarded shit happened, it was fun though while it lasted.

Floyd aged terribly. His quickness and timing were way off. In that one uppercut that Conor landed, he inexplicably threw the right at Conor's chest when his chin was wide freakin open.

Floyd from 2014 and before lights his ass up bad.
ya, i noticed that, maybe he did it on purpose, lots of fighters aim for the chest because an opponent will duck into it. I just watched Ali Spinks 2 the other day, ali was in great shape, he was actually still fast but the one thing he really didn't have was accuracy, he probably didn't land 10 clean punches the whole fight.

I thought McGregor wouldn't win a round and he arguably won 3. I thought he would be KO'd in 5 and he went 10. So he did better than I thought he would and that was impressive to me. However Floyd looked slow in his reaction time and overall speed. He definitely retired at the right time. Mcgregor should get some credit for not getting blown out right out of the gate.

This is part of the reason why you see less and less US youth going into boxing.
Do you have statistical proof of seeing less and less us youth going into boxing ?

I do know that there has been a huge decline of youth participating in wrestling in the us .

Last edited:
Think about it. If Conor was some no-name Boxing rookie with no record, who took Floyd to the tenth round without looking stupid, and wining a few rounds, what would your assessment be?

"LOL! That stupid fucking idiot lost to one of the GOAT's! What a piece of shit!"

Or

"Decent showing by a guy who supposedly had no business in the ring with Mayweather."

Take your emotion and Conor's name out of it, and judge it as it is. As it is, Conor looked okay for a guy who had no business being in there. It's as simple as that.

Think about it. If Conor was some no-name Boxing rookie with no record, who took Floyd to the tenth round without looking stupid, and wining a few rounds, what would your assessment be?

"LOL! That stupid fucking idiot lost to one of the GOAT's! What a piece of shit!"

Or

"Decent showing by a guy who supposedly had no business in the ring with Mayweather."

Take your emotion and Conor's name out of it, and judge it as it is. As it is, Conor looked okay for a guy who had no business being in there. It's as simple as that.

HAHA at limiting the options as if it was that black and white

This is how many saw it;

A once great 40-year-old retired boxer way past his prime not known to ko anyone in the last 10 years, KOed a trained fighter, who was known to have devasting power and is in his prime. In addition, he was not only stopped but beat down from pillar to post. And boy was I an idiot in thinking the young trained fighter had any chance in mma hand fighting vs the old man

McGregor vvon more rounds than I thought he vvould and early on he vvas a bit faster than I expected. I vvas also surprised that he got TKOd via conditioning rather than an actual TKO, although that is more sad than anything.

well it's not UFC but Lucase Browne was a bum in MMA and he won a world title in boxing and is still undefeated.
However, he did it the right way, he had some amateur boxing before his MMA career, and built his pro boxing record from scratch over years and years to adjust.

Back