Explain the liberal thought process on Illegal Aliens

Increase the number of WV if your concern is Americans not taking these type of jobs.

Well Congress could, but if Democrats propose it, then its part of the globalist agenda. If Republicans propose it, they are RINOs who are part of the globalist agenda.

Why do you think all liberals think illegal immigrants should stay? I am liberal as fuck and would push all 6 million of them out with one big broom if given the chance. You just see decay, declining wages, and worker abuse any place they exist in numbers. Get legal, pay your taxes, and get protected from abuse by employers.

Well Congress could, but if Democrats propose it, then its part of the globalist agenda. If Republicans propose it, they are RINOs who are part of the globalist agenda.

So you're saying both parties have had opportunities to do something about in the last 20 years..they didnt.. the reward...
Donald Trump.

So you're saying both parties have had opportunities to do something about in the last 20 years..they didnt.. the reward...

Donald Trump.

Democrats cant overhaul immigration without Republicans, and Donald Trump isnt going to do anything either.

I don't understand why they think illegal aliens shouldn't be deported. Why is anyone that wants to do that evil and racist?

If I went on vacation to Japan and decided to just live there forever, shouldn't Japan deport me after I overstay my 3 month tourist visa? I don't think that makes Japan evil or racist. Do you? Why?

Illegal aliens spawn children who later vote Democrat. If they instead voted Republican, you had better believe liberals would support our immigration laws. That is why...

Illegal aliens spawn children who later vote Democrat. If they instead voted Republican, you had better believe liberals would support our immigration laws. That is why...

Weird, considering how harsh Clinton was on immigration compared to Reagan and HW Bush who didnt gave 2 fucks about it.

Weird, considering how harsh Clinton was on immigration compared to Reagan and HW Bush who didnt gave 2 fucks about it.

I think the OP is talking about the here and now (not decades ago).

But you are talking about voting age kids of illegals, that means 18+ years ago.

But you are talking about voting age kids of illegals, that means 18+ years ago.
I was talking about planting seeds. Liberals know they are creating a wave of left-leaning voters (and who knows how many are already voting).

Yup. The truth is politicians on both sides have donors who depend on immigrants to fill jobs cheaply.

DEMs are at least honest about it. REPUBs have those same donors, yet to get elected they have to rail against ALL immigration.

Look at what Trump did with the work visas. He allowed more, and his companies, along with plenty of others I'm sure, requested those workers. That doesn't play well with conservatives. other than those who own businesses that employ those people.

I was talking about planting seeds. Liberals know they are creating a wave of left-leaning voters (and who knows how many are already voting).

Nothing really guarantees that these voting patterns would continue.

And I think you are incredibly self-centered to think immigration problems we have now haven't occurred in the past.

Maybe....but REPUBs also know that companies need cheap labor. As far as voter fraud, GTFO.....there is nowhere near anything significant happening on that front, but thanks for the red herring.

And I think you are incredibly self-centered to think immigration problems we have now haven't occurred in the past.

If you say so. I believe recruiting voters is big motivation for the liberals of today.

If you say so. I believe recruiting voters is big motivation for the liberals of today.

Holy shit you jumped the shark.......as if conservative politicians don't "recruit" voters.

They only had full control for 2 years when Obama was elected and they used that time for healthcare reform.

Ok. Healthcare was more important than the illegals. That's fine.
They had majority in senate and house from 2007-2011. So.....

Imagine a world where they took that opportunity to make 11 million people legal then used 11 million people to help nominate Hillary who the pushed and passed Universal Health Care. Hit this shit brother.
<seedat>

Last edited:
His edits improved it a little. But what if the question were more like, "Why do liberals want tighter border security and more high-skilled immigration, and in terms of dealing with unauthorized immigrants who are here, why do they have a preference for keeping families together and for prioritizing deportation for criminals and leniency for people who have been productive and law-abiding since arriving?" Then we could move to a real discussion. Some people might think (reasonably, but I think incorrectly) that a more-punitive approach would have more of a deterrent effect. Some, if they are being honest, would make tribalist or racist arguments.

It's part of a general problem here. People can't discuss an issue on any serious level if they can't bring themselves to accurately represent positions they don't agree with or their own.

I'm with you but as others said that's a highly nuanced view (your second post was more direct imo). But you are correct that the op totally misrepresented liberals more because liberals are not monolithic or puritan
in ideology.

In general liberals see more benefits from diversity then weakness, understand the economic pull is a large part of this, and have a different measurement of the level of pain being caused by illegals and as such have a higher threshold for committing acts like mass deportations.

Back