Media Exclusive: Mike Tyson's trainer Rafael Cordeiro on Jake Paul (Weekly Video Updates)

Most of the "recent" training footage out there is from the roy jones camp years ago.. evident by the lack of chest tattoo.

Mike is still with Rafael Cordeiro? Hmm. I know he trained him for the Roy fight, even though it was just an exhibition, but the pairing was always a bit odd to me. I'm not aware of Cordeiro having trained any boxers prior to Mike. He's a legendary coach in his domain but he's always trained Muay Thai & MMA fighters.

you know what? as a massive Tyson fan, I’m glad he’s getting back in there. Waaaaay too old but I’m glad he’s gonna get into shape and be in the spotlight again. It’s a pitterpatter show and he might even win, I mean it’s MFing mike so anything is possible. But even if it’s a terribly unsightly loss for him, it’s still better than doing nothing at all when the moneys on the table. Built in excuses galore, might as well swing one last time, and better yet on an entitled twat like Paul is even better. Get it Mike!!!!

EN-US_BUSTER_TEASER_4x5_RGB_PRE.jpg

something about that poster reminds me I haven't had pep pizza in a long time

Pretty interesting, what is Mikes relationship with Rafael Cordeiro?
Mike hooked up with Cordeiro when he boxed Roy in that exhibition a while back. That's all I know. I'm just wondering why Mike chose him in the first place. To my knowledge he's only ever trained MMA, Muay Thai fighters, and kickboxers over at Chute Boxe Academy (which he's no longer at) & Kings MMA. Not boxers.

Mike is still with Rafael Cordeiro? Hmm. I know he trained him for the Roy fight, even though it was just an exhibition, but the pairing was always a bit odd to me. I'm not aware of Cordeiro having trained any boxers prior to Mike. He's a legendary coach in his domain but he's always trained Muay Thai & MMA fighters.
^^^ My thoughts exactly.

Against Roy at 51, or 54 I'm not sure, he still looked like his old self.

Not his prime but f'n impressive. He was also " in sparring" mode from what I saw.

His 16 yo photo that someone else posted earlier is a very interesting one.

He is a physical phenom & has the same physique as he did at 16. That's nuts!

He's not a normal 57 year old.

He's had problems in his life but he's been quite disciplined.

I hope the rules of this match allows knockouts because I think Tyson would win that then.

Also look at Tyson vs RJJr. Seniors yes, Roy's only hope was to clinch & within the rule of their "sparring".

As good as RJJ ever was & considred PFP, I think Tyson was a better fighter full stop.

I hope Tyson wins this.

Edie: Wrong thread- Credit to defjaam for a great find
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Mike Tyson may be taking too much of a risk by facing Jake Paul, according to UFC interim heavyweight champion Tom Aspinall.

Tyson and Paul will fight this summer in what will be one of the highest-profile events of the year, with Paul coming off the back of a win against Ryan Bourland, and Tyson approaching 60.

There have been some concerns for both fighters, with former world champion Tyson looking like he has retained much of his fearsome punching power, and Paul three decades younger than the veteran.

Speaking to OLBG, Aspinall warned that Tyson is taking on too much after his career.

He said: “Training for a fight gives you so much discipline and health and confidence and all that good stuff, so if Mike Tyson's training that's fantastic because he obviously is getting up there in age, but he still looks great.

“But as far as getting punched in the head after all the getting punched in the head he's done over the years, I'd rather not see it I guess.

“It's meant to be entertainment I guess, but it's not my scene.

“Some people love tennis, that's everything to them.

“For me, very little interest in tennis and it's the same for this. I'm sure people will watch but I don't enjoy this stuff.”

There is a point where you are too old to take a hit, no matter how good of conditioning you're in.

Back