Examples where your own experience flies in the face of research.

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
You know, these things that make you wonder if you live in some parallel reality.

I'll start, with the first ones that come to mind. Bold is my own experience :

- In the West, more baby girls than boys are born.

This one is really WTF, and I know I must be wrong, because I am aware that it is not possible, demographically speaking.
Yet, from what I am seeing from my own family and friends and colleagues, baby girls outnumber baby boys by a ridiculous ratio.
Like 70 % girls, 30 % boys. And this is based on my experience in 3 different western countries.
There is some research on decreasing testosterone in Western males, but nothing that would lead to this conclusion.

- In the West, violent behaviour is correlated to origins.

In most of the cities I know, violent behaviour was most often correlated with visible minorities. Either street gangs, or even guys from well-off families. Thuggish, aggressive behaviour is way more prevalent amongst minorities, regardless of poverty levels.

I'm told we live on a spinning globe but all of my experience tells me we live on a flat, stationary plane.

I'm told the sun is 93 million miles away but my experience tells me it's within our own sky:

img_8221.jpeg

Research tells me planets look like this:

article-2090556-116B1F63000005DC-921_634x594.jpg

My own experience tells me "planets" look like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Research says that the sun is just a star at that starts look like this:

00353c16407c255ced88580124ad14e1.jpg

My own experience tells me the sun is completely different than the stars and the stars look like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like someone has been lying to us guys...

Last edited:
Interesting. Well, the father determines the sex of the baby. China has a shortage of women. As far as violent behavior, I couldn't agree more.

Interesting. Well, the father determines the sex of the baby. China has a shortage of women. As far as violent behavior, I couldn't agree more.

Yeah I read that somewhere, but it must be a divergence of like what, one percentage point or something ? Isn't it linked with cultural practices such as well, "tilting odds" in favor of getting boys ?

Isn't it linked with cultural practices such as well, "tilting odds" in favor of getting boys?

Yes. Government limiting the size of families. Preference for boys for carrying the family name. Baby girls being killed or aborted. Same in the Muslim culture - baby girls and women get no respect. China is now bringing women in from other countries. I think if the world had more women than men, it would be a more peaceful place to live. Also, more 'pussy'. :)

I'm told we live on a spinning globe but all of my experience tells me we live on a flat, stationary plane.

I'm told the sun is 93 million miles away but my experience tells me it's within our own sky:

img_8221.jpeg

Research tells me planets look like this:

article-2090556-116B1F63000005DC-921_634x594.jpg

My own experience tells me "planets" look like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Research says that the sun is just a star at that starts look like this:

00353c16407c255ced88580124ad14e1.jpg

My own experience tells me the sun is completely different than the stars and the stars look like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like someone has been lying to us guys...

@Lowmanproblems @ShadBo

I need your expertise guys. Help save me from the flat earth...

There was a light researcher named John Ott that discovered with some farm raised animals, the sex of the animal could be determined by the type of light bulb in the room. His books can be found on Amazon and elsewhere. Some fluorescent lighting would more commonly result in girls being born. Other type of lighting would result in boys. As far as I know no longer scale studies have been done on this, but thought it interesting.

It is known better that sunlight and bright light can influence sex hormones in males and females. As an example with men ~

Sunbathing ups men's testosterone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8493042.stm

As for me, I've discovered that dairy products make my joints ache and feel sore. My knees in particular will feel sore. According to research I'm wrong.

What if governments put something in water and food to make sure there more girls than boys? Conspiracy

Let us admit real history shows women more tend to follow. It is men who overthrow and start revolutions.

Last edited:
Tapwater is just the same and exactly as safe (or safer) as bottled water.

<puh-lease75>

Stuff tastes like licking metal

I live in Thailand for almost 10 years. It is apparently the most dangerous or one of the most dangerous countries to drive in.
I have never seen a serious accident or the aftermath of it. I have seen a few crashes but they all just looked like car or motorbike damage.
Never once did I think this looks bad.

On the contrary in Germany one of the safest countries to drive in.
I must have seen several fatal car crashes (not the actual crash drove past it after when the cops etc. were already there).
And a lot of very serious crashes.

How more often women are being molested compared to how often men are.

I have never groped or sexually offended a woman (unless you count poor performances in bed) but I have been groped so many times, been verbally violated by middle aged women when I was a kid/teenager, received highly improper suggestions from women, two girls tried to rip off my clothes when I was in middle school. They were much older than me.

What if governments put something in water and food to make sure there more girls than boys? Conspiracy

Let us admit real history shows women more tend to follow. It is men who overthrow and start revolutions. More women= easier to control less violence

Well this is the danger : to fall into conspiracy theory territory.

Even amongst feminists, only a tiny fraction of harcore men-hating dysfunctional and damaged few would want to change the demographic landscape like that.

Oh and these people are usually confined to batshit crazy countries like USA, UK, Canada and Sweden.

How more often women are being molested compared to how often men are.

I have never groped or sexually offended a woman (unless you count poor performances in bed) but I have been groped so many times, been verbally violated by middle aged women when I was a kid/teenager, received highly improper suggestions from women, two girls tried to rip off my clothes when I was in middle school. They were much older than me.

Did you change your handle recently ? I always thought it was "Jasmin". LOL.

Back