Examples of worse fighter in a long run winning twice in a row vs the better fighter?

I'm pretty sure Edgar was underdog going into both fights with BJ
Underdog yes
But I think Edgar has had the better career. Despite all the bj goat talk I think Edgar has been more consistent and maintained his level, longer win streaks etc.

thread title is shit !! TS is the kid who always had one sentence paragraphs...

Good one.

Nogueira vs Mir.
Great choice, two decisive victories for Mir but I don’t think manny would argue about who has had the better career and shown themselves to be the better overall fighter (obviously not head to head)

I think this may be the closest to what TS is asking

Frankie closed at +500 and +200 respectively

Edit: Pettis was the dog in both Bendo fights..... Bendo was the dog in first two Cerrone fights

Actually betting odds was not what I was asking. People might have thought Penn was a clear favorite and that showed in betting odds, but was he in reality? Did Edgar "fluke" over BJ both times, or did it come clear that Frankie probably was the favorite the whole time in that match up.. Would Penn have end up winning more often than not had they fought 100 times? I doubt it..

I was asking an example of where the worse fighter kinda got "lucky" (for lack of a better word) twice vs the fighter who would have finally ended up winning more often than not had they fought enough fights.

Actually betting odds was not what I was asking. People might have thought Penn was a clear favorite and that showed in betting odds, but was he in reality? Did Edgar "fluke" over BJ both times, or did it come clear that Frankie probably was the favorite the whole time in that match up.. Would Penn have end up winning more often than not had they fought 100 times? I doubt it..

I was asking an example of where the worse fighter kinda got "lucky" (for lack of a better word) twice vs the fighter who would have finally ended up winning more often than not had they fought enough fights.
I dont know how to gauge "worse" fighter

Thats what the fight is for

The best way for me to gauge this is from the odds

Good one.

Nogueira vs Mir.

Yes, I probably like that the most so far. I think there is a good chance Nog would beat Mir most of the time in a long run, despite of losing him the first two. I know it sounds biased towards Nog, but it is certainly possible.

I dont know how to gauge "worse" fighter

Thats what the fight is for

The best way for me to gauge this is from the odds

I know it is impossible to get definitive answers for this kind of question for obvious reason (fighter being 0-2 vs certain fighter and you should make an argument he would win more fights in a long run), this is highly speculative.

This is probably also more likely to be true at least than Anderson over Weidman. Chael definitely proved enough that you could at least make an argument he would have beaten Anderson more often than not if they could have fought 100 times. He won more rounds at least.

You do know chael got finished twice right? Sub and Ko. And the fight he did the best in, he failed for roids. Some people say the dumbest shit.

I know it is impossible to get definitive answers for this kind of question for obvious reason (fighter being 0-2 vs certain fighter and you should make an argument he would win more fights in a long run), this is highly speculative.
I think its a great question slightly rephrased to base it on the odds.

It really hasnt happened much and is a feat for the victor

Not sure if you mean beat the same fighter twice or just beat a better fighter twice but...

Frankie Edgar beat BJ twice back to back
Semmy Schilt had a run where he beat Guy Mezger and Funaki back to back
Ryo Chonan beat Anderson and Carlos Newton
Pat Healy once beat Lyle, Blanco and Hirota during a 5 or 6 fight streak and I think he was the under dog each time
Yves Edwards beat Hermes Franca twice and josh Thompson during a streak (he also arm barred Mishima during that run)
Rick Story beat Dustin, Hendricks and Thiago Alves one after the other

The best example is probably Bob Sapp vs Ernesto Hoost!

The title of the thread says it's about a worse fighter beating a better one twice in a row. Why are all the posts about betting odds?

Robbie Lawler was the underdog in both of his victories against Rory MacDonald.

UFC 167: Lawler +280
UFC 189: Lawler +130

By the way, when you wrote Canderson in your post, I thought you were talking about Cael Sanderson, for some reason, at first.
Just started to read all posts and didn't know you beat me to it by a few posts- good job

The title of the thread says it's about a worse fighter beating a better one twice in a row. Why are all the posts about betting odds?
I guess it's the best way to reference on what Vegas opens line at otherwise itd be rather subjective on all opinions.

Back