Examples of how Stipe will derail the Ngannou hype train

datpuz

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The two ways I can see Stipe derailing the hype train that is Francis Ngannou

1. On the feet, moving backwards and counter punching like he did vs Werdum. Stipe is a seriously dangerous counter puncher.

2. Takedowns and GnP like he did vs Mark Hunt. Mark Hunt doesn't quite have the speed or timing that Ngannou has, but Stipe did an awesome job avoiding avoiding his power and getting takedowns.

Stipe just doesn't put himself in positions like the one Overeem was in when Ngannou blasted his head into orbit. Stipe and his team are also master strategists. He approached his fights vs Werdum, Hunt, and Overeem so differently and so well, it would be crazy to expect any less for Francis. We've seem him dominate top guys in every position, and we've seen him go 5 long rounds and come out on top.

Let's not forget that Ngannou has only fought ONE top 10 guy, while Stipe has KNOCKED OUT FIVE top 10 guys in a row.

Of course, Ngannou hits hard etc etc, and "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

Ngannou just needs to touch him once and he's sleeping

The only wey he can get de win is if Ngannou does not kno de wey, but trust me bruddah my bruddah Francis he does kno de wey.

*click* *click* *click*

I highly doubt that Ngannou will run after Stipe with his hands down and chin up the way that Werdum did. Werdum cooperated with that KO. lol The game plan for Hunt might work, but Hunt has never exactly had good take down defense. While Hunt improved in that area, it's always been a major weakness. I doubt that Ngannou's TD defense is worse than Hunt's. I imagine that it's probably much better than Hunt's and Ngannou won't be so easy to take down. As for strategy, I'm not so sure that Stipe's camp are masters and Stipe's game is pretty much written in stone at this point. We know that Stipe is good. The real question is how good is Ngannou.

1. On the feet, moving backwards and counter punching like he did vs Werdum. Stipe is a seriously dangerous counter puncher.

2. Takedowns and GnP like he did vs Mark Hunt. Mark Hunt doesn't quite have the speed or timing that Ngannou has, but Stipe did an awesome job avoiding avoiding his power and getting takedowns.

Stipe just doesn't put himself in positions like the one Overeem was in when Ngannou blasted his head into orbit. Stipe and his team are also master strategists. He approached his fights vs Werdum, Hunt, and Overeem so differently and so well, it would be crazy to expect any less for Francis. We've seem him dominate top guys in every position, and we've seen him go 5 long rounds and come out on top.

Let's not forget that Ngannou has only fought ONE top 10 guy, while Stipe has KNOCKED OUT FIVE top 10 guys in a row.

Of course, Ngannou hits hard etc etc, and "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."
He will the same way Conor starched the GOAT champ champ
Conor uppercut to Floyd.jpg

Hype train? N’gannou is more real than Houston Alexander.

Wait, Ngannou has only fought ONE top 10 guy while Stipe has KNOCKED OUT FIVe top ten in a row?
Here's the current ranking: I listed 10 guys (below Ngannou and Stipe); JDS isn't ranked right now due to USADA but I'll add his name below just for argument sake:

JDS
2 Alistair Overeem
3 Fabricio Werdum
4 Cain Velasquez
5 Mark Hunt
6 Derrick Lewis
7 Alexander Volkov
8 Marcin Tybura
9 Curtis Blaydes
10 Stefan Struve

Stipe Record with current top 10: (3-2)
Ngannou Record current with top 10: ( 2-0)

Source: http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Just looking at the guy next to Stipe, with memories of his fights and watching him training on Youtube, I am already counting Stipe out. Which may be ridiculous, but my God Francis is scary. Hoping Stipe wins though.

Wait, Ngannou has only fought ONE top 10 guy while Stipe has KNOCKED OUT FIVe top ten in a row?
Here's the current ranking: I listed 10 guys (below Ngannou and Stipe); JDS isn't ranked right now due to USADA but I'll add his name below just for argument sake:

JDS
2 Alistair Overeem
3 Fabricio Werdum
4 Cain Velasquez
5 Mark Hunt
6 Derrick Lewis
7 Alexander Volkov
8 Marcin Tybura
9 Curtis Blaydes
10 Stefan Struve

Stipe Record with current top 10: (3-2)
Ngannou Record current with top 10: ( 2-0)

Source: http://www.ufc.com/rankings

I'm basing it on the rankings at the time of the fights, which is what matters. They weren't fighting people in the future... guys generally go down in rankings after they lose...

Last edited:
Pretty self explanatory...

chuck1.gif

I'm basing it on the rankings at the time of the fights, which is what matters. They weren't fighting people in the future... guys generally go down in rankings after they lose...

Even with that you're still wrong. Both Arlovski and Overeem were top ten when they fought Ngannou, and Overeem was rank #1 (behind the champ). So what he didn't fight the #10 & #9 guy? He's beating up the #1 guy. Give me a break.

My guess would be that the strategy will be to pressure and smother - close the distance, wrestle, clinch, strike in close quarters, never give Ngannou the space to wind up on one of those haymakers.

Should be pretty effective of the execution is on point.

Back