Examining the options for Tyron Woodley's next title defense

The ringside physician who justified the ref's decision, arguing that fatigue alone did not account for the loss of coordination and ataxia Conor was displaying. In that situation, if in one hand you've got fatigue and in the other, the possibility of traumatic brain injury, you act to prevent the aggravation of the second.

He is more prepared to make this assessment than you are (you are no physician, let alone a scientist) and myself (I'm not a physician).

So....those are the facts.

If you are referencing the statements that made the rounds in all the major combat sports outlets a couple weeks back they were made by former ringside physician and they were rather tempered claims of a concussion. My contention is not with the stoppage but you diagnosing brain damage to such a degree that you then gave your own definitive timetable for his return (far outside the common mandatory medical suspensions for even indisputable knock outs by the way). Not the way I expect a self proclaimed scientist to behave.

If you are referencing the statements that made the rounds in all the major combat sports outlets a couple weeks back they were made by former ringside physician and they were rather tempered claims of a concussion. My contention is not with the stoppage but you diagnosing brain damage to such a degree that you then gave your own definitive timetable for his return (far outside the common mandatory medical suspensions for even indisputable knock outs by the way). Not the way I expect a self proclaimed scientist to behave.

you already tried too hard, and failed, to sound smart.

Best opinion is that the man has incurred brain damage. His own coach wants him to take a one ear layoff to avoid having a "punchy" Conor out there.

It's irrelevant what I do and so on....likewise for you.

The point is: your boy isn't coming back soon.

you already tried too hard, and failed, to sound smart.

Best opinion is that the man has incurred brain damage. His own coach wants him to take a one ear layoff to avoid having a "punchy" Conor out there.

It's irrelevant what I do and so on....likewise for you.

The point is: your boy isn't coming back soon.

You keep looking worse and worse by failing to acknowledge your ridiculous claims of brain damage requiring a year off. If you had just admitted you overshot or it was hyperbole you could have saved face. Instead you doubled down and look like an idiot.

If you think the UFC's biggest PPV star by a country mile is getting stripped of the LW belt you should probably go take a couple business courses. No way that happens.

P.S. Not even my favorite fighter, but I love trolling the haters.

You keep looking worse and worse by failing to acknowledge your ridiculous claims of brain damage requiring a year off. If you had just admitted you overshot or it was hyperbole you could have saved face. Instead you doubled down and look like an idiot.

If you think the UFC's biggest PPV star by a country mile is getting stripped of the LW belt you should probably go take a couple business courses. No way that happens.

P.S. Not even my favorite fighter, but I love trolling the haters.

you are young....

He is still a 2 time champion (currently) and there is no disputing that or ever taking it away no matter how much you hate him.
he won 1 fight at Lightweight though lol the title fight... anyone could've done that if they were gifted a title shot they never earned. Being a champion is about beating the contenders and earning a shot then defending to show you're the best. Conor has never done that so how can you really complain when people shit on him? he made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

he won 1 fight at Lightweight though lol the title fight... anyone could've done that if they were gifted a title shot they never earned. Being a champion is about beating the contenders and earning a shot then defending to show you're the best. Conor has never done that so how can you really complain when people shit on him? he made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

I doubt "anyone" could have beaten Eddie Alvarez and certainly nobody has dominated him as thoroughly as Conor did. What you describe is exactly what he did at FW. The only top guy he didn't fight was Frankie and Mendes was ranked higher when Mendes got the interim shot. LW? He's still the champ and the guys that are #1 and #2 in the division (Ferguson and Khabib) last fought the same month Conor did so........

Woodley needs a big performance, his 2 dance recitals with thompson have left a bitter taste.

Just trying to help you out since it is a consistent pattern with you. I'm trying to help you put your best foot forward with your imaginary job as a scientist.
Thank you sir. That's quality trolling.

It was beautiful for the two weeks it lasted.

Two belts and nary a defense...kind of nuts, actually. Even WWE actors defend belts.

I wonder if Henderson got as much shit as McGregor does for the same thing.

I doubt "anyone" could have beaten Eddie Alvarez and certainly nobody has dominated him as thoroughly as Conor did. What you describe is exactly what he did at FW. The only top guy he didn't fight was Frankie and Mendes was ranked higher when Mendes got the interim shot. LW? He's still the champ and the guys that are #1 and #2 in the division (Ferguson and Khabib) last fought the same month Conor did so........
Ferguson would've fought if Khabib hadn't pulled out, and Conor only fought Mendes because Aldo pulled out of their title fight. I agree he has a better claim at FW but come on, he looked like skeletor making weight and probably had a 20+lbs advantage over Aldo.

Douglas Lima. Wins over Lorenz Larkin, Andrey Koreshkov, and Paul Dailey in his last three fights. Fights Rory on January 20th 2018.

I'm sure poster is implying the UFC needs to steal him because there is no weight class that the UFC lacks the top talent in quite like they lack it at Welterweight.

Lalwer/ Dos Anjos for next shot
Wonderboy/ Masvidal for shot after that

If UFC bought other WWs then MacDonald, Askren, and Lima could also fight Woodley. All match ups I'd want to see (Doesn't Askren train with Woodley?)

Douglas Lima. Wins over Lorenz Larkin, Andrey Koreshkov, and Paul Dailey in his last three fights. Fights Rory on January 20th 2018.

I'm sure poster is implying the UFC needs to steal him because there is no weight class that the UFC lacks the top talent in quite like they lack it at Welterweight.
lol, thought he was talking about Dhiego Lima

Ferguson would've fought if Khabib hadn't pulled out, and Conor only fought Mendes because Aldo pulled out of their title fight. I agree he has a better claim at FW but come on, he looked like skeletor making weight and probably had a 20+lbs advantage over Aldo.

All that matters is the fight didn't happen and they both last fought in November, the same as Conor. The argument could be made that Conor is better at 155lbs without the weight cut. All we have to go on there is an absolute annihilation of Alvarez, the champ at the time, so that's that.

Oh and...

*Skeletor

Back