Opinion Exactly how do liberals propose we even take away semi-automatic rifles?

oh i like AR's. they just arent worth much discussion, because regardless of whose logo you payed to have stamped on the side, with very little variance, they are all the exact same. Trying to discuss the various merits of a LWRC vs LaRue vs Noveske is all basically name dropping wank bait because all the parts will invariably swap between them and in same cases are outsourced from a single point of manufacture anyway. Its like rating cars based off of the spoiler on the back or brand of paint on the body. Every now and then you get something a bit different like noveskes gas block system but outside of that, i could blind fold a person have them shoot 3 custom built AR's and have them shoot a 400 dollar Del-ton with a 10 minute trigger job and they wouldnt be able to tell me which in the lot wasnt a super premium gun.

Now shotguns on the other hand, are you enamored by the smooth cycle action of an inertia driven set up like a Benelli, or the rugged and recoil eating useability of a gas gun like the Remmie Versa Max. You could talk about the weird hybrid like options like Brownings A5, or hell stick to pumps and discuss the merits of Remingtons more tightly built 870 vs Mossbergs more ergo friendly 500 offering. Backboring versus non? shot or choke selection? pattern density.
There is SO much you can discuss with a shotgun versus AR discussions which after 5 post invariably boil down to what you have attached TO the rifle versus the rifle itself. AR's are boring as fuck, thats why folks spend so much time talking about what they put ON it rather than what it does differently from any other setup.

I disagree. The custom building is where the discussion is had imo. Barrel length, gas length, adjustable gas, di or piston, caliber, ammo choice, the numerous functioning parts (not accessories), etc. I could have a discussion on muzzle devices the same as choke choice.

<Dany07>

You said a buyback wouldn't cost much, stating that "most guns aren't worth $1,000" without remembering that a good deal of guns are worth more than $1,000

I never said any of that.

Now you're just making shit up.

I said it wouldn't cost much relative to the size of our economy. Meaning that even if it costs a few billion, it's something we can easily afford.

I said it wouldn't cost much relative to the size of our economy. Meaning that even if it costs a few billion, it's something we can easily afford.
But, you never said the words, "relative to the size of our economy."

Wouldn't cost much relative to our economy? You're right, every single individual government funded program doesn't cost much, put together we are collecting more taxes than ever and have a deep hole to dig ourselves out of.

You've gone on so many tangents in this thread your posting is hard to follow, you've gone from loving the swiss method, to the UK/Aussie confiscation program to invoking the image of gun owners as fetishists, thugs or compensating for their apparent downfalls and that a gun makes them feel more masculine.

I went 10 years without shooting a gun one time, this year I changed that and went back into it. Every time I hear 'there's no such thing as shooting sports' I laugh and blast away on a reactive target. "Only criminals need silencers" gets a grin when my neighbors don't get pissed at me. "Military style weaponry" annoys me when you conceivably couldn't name any guns that weren't fielded by a military outside of break barrel shotguns.

Shooting sports are real, no denying it. SCOTUS ruled 2A is an individual right, SCOTUS confirmed that police don't have a duty to protect you, SCOTUS found that you have a right to weaponry in common legal use. The issue violence (it isn't gun violence, just violence) is from a break-down in moral fiber and a lax prison system. But crime has been on a decline for the past 20+ years.

oh i like AR's. they just arent worth much discussion, because regardless of whose logo you payed to have stamped on the side, with very little variance, they are all the exact same.
This isn't true at all.

Wouldn't cost much relative to our economy? You're right, every single individual government funded program doesn't cost much, put together we are collecting more taxes than ever and have a deep hole to dig ourselves out of.

You've gone on so many tangents in this thread your posting is hard to follow, you've gone from loving the swiss method, to the UK/Aussie confiscation program to invoking the image of gun owners as fetishists, thugs or compensating for their apparent downfalls and that a gun makes them feel more masculine.

I went 10 years without shooting a gun one time, this year I changed that and went back into it. Every time I hear 'there's no such thing as shooting sports' I laugh and blast away on a reactive target. "Only criminals need silencers" gets a grin when my neighbors don't get pissed at me. "Military style weaponry" annoys me when you conceivably couldn't name any guns that weren't fielded by a military outside of break barrel shotguns.

Shooting sports are real, no denying it. SCOTUS ruled 2A is an individual right, SCOTUS confirmed that police don't have a duty to protect you, SCOTUS found that you have a right to weaponry in common legal use. The issue violence (it isn't gun violence, just violence) is from a break-down in moral fiber and a lax prison system. But crime has been on a decline for the past 20+ years.
<Dany07>

All I hear is

"muh guns"

Seriously...let's even put the politics aside for a second. Let's pretend the next President implements no more semi automatic rifles.

Exactly how do you get back approximately 100 million plus guns back? A buy back system cannot be implemented. The experts all agree it would put this country in financial ruins

Aren't all these guns not registered since 1989 anyway? People wouldn't even stop downloading music illegally despite getting letters of jail time and fines of $300k but you expect people to give up their guns for free because evil people who are going to inevitably do evil things prefer automatic rifles?

Are we just going to pretend this is a gun problem or acknowledge when a human being decides to kill themself but wants to take fellow human beings with them that it's an extremely dangerous and inevitable situation? Simply looking at gun statistics in other countries ignores the mass killings that are going on within those countries.

Also don't forget the US is the third largest country in the world so please don't use fucking Australias violence numbers with ours. We have more people in California than Australia

Did everyone forget how easily Timothy Mcveigh filled a rental truck with basic stuff and blew up a hospital and killed 168 people with 500 injuries?

So my question is this. How exactly can you even get these guns back at this point?

The same way they took them from the jews when they ran NAZI Germany

Immediately following the „Machtergreifung“ in 1933, the weapon laws of the Weimar Republic were used to disarm Jews, or to use the excuse of "searching for weapons" as a justification for raids and searches of homes. Because the weapons law of 1928 gave the police the authority to issue or withdraw weapon permits, Jewish weapon owners were disarmed through warrants issued by the police. For instance, the president of the police of Breslau enacted an order on 21 April 1933 which stated that Jews had to give their weapons and shooting permits to the police immediately. After the Jewish population was judged as not to be trusted, no weapon permits were issued to them anymore.[2]

The weapons law was also used for searches of homes and raids. The preface for that was the allegation that the victims of these searches stored large amounts of weapons and ammunition. A prominent example is Albert Einstein, whose summer residence in Caputh, near the Schwielowsee was searched in spring 1933. The only item found there was a bread knife.[3] Raids, for instance on 4 April 1933 at the Scheunenviertel in Berlin, also took place. Not only many weapons were found, but also a lot of publications that included criticism of the Nazi regime. Sometimes, Jews without residence permits were also found and arrested.

Starting in 1935, the Gestapo prevented the issue of weapon permits and weapon purchase permits to Jews.[2] The police authorities were the executing authorities, and had to comply with the orders issued by the Gestapo. The self-defense of Jews was abolished and they were subjected to the arbitrariness and terror of the police authorities, without the need to introduce a new law for this.
Directly after the Kristallnacht, the possession of any weapons by Jews was prohibited through the Verordnung gegen den Waffenbesitz der Juden, enacted on 11 November 1938 (RGBl. I, 1573).

A contemporary report of the apostolic nuntius of Berlin to Eugenio Pacelli about the Kristallnacht stated: „Also, all weapons were taken from the Jews; and even though the purpose of that was altogether different, it was good, because the ideation of suicide must have been enormous in some.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmament_of_the_German_Jews

http://www.wdrb.com/story/20647290/...w-albany-was-scammed-during-gun-buyback-event

It's one of those muh feels vs logic things. A criminal isn't going to turn in a gun he legally cannot have, someone who wants to trade up will take the cash from a junker to trade up.

Recently there was a church who did an ammo buyback $1 a round.

Take in 30 rounds of 9x19, leave with $30, buy 150 or so rounds.

Great idea

Meh, just more commy confiscation bullshit.. So business as usual for you leftists.

Optional gun buyback = confiscation.

This is why everyone thinks you gun fetishists are retarded.

You can't even talk about gun control honestly without restoring to but Hitler!!!

You can't even talk about gun control honestly without restoring to but Hitler!!!
Yea and you fucks that fetishize communism just wont be honest that your goal is the total disarmament of the US population so you can better control and indoctrinate them in your leftist agenda.

Yea and you fucks that fetishize communism just wont be honest that your goal is the total disarmament of the US population so you can better control and indoctrinate them in your leftist agenda.

Or maybe we just feel sorry for you sorry slobs and we want to reduce the probability of you shooting each other or yourselves in a drunken stupor.

https://www.quora.com/Was-the-Australia-Gun-buyback-mandatory

BANNED and made certain guns compulsory to get turned in approximately 640,000 BANNED guns were turned in and 60,000 non banned guns.
Not fact checking and using terms like fetishists is how gun grabbers piss off the other side, this is the same crap as always, nobody is saying you can't have a gun, just not that one. Australia's model is infact based on compulsory buy back of semi auto guns.

Now reply back with that stupid gif again

https://www.quora.com/Was-the-Australia-Gun-buyback-mandatory

BANNED and made certain guns compulsory to get turned in approximately 640,000 BANNED guns were turned in and 60,000 non banned guns.
Not fact checking and using terms like fetishists is how gun grabbers piss off the other side, this is the same crap as always, nobody is saying you can't have a gun, just not that one. Australia's model is infact based on compulsory buy back of semi auto guns.

Now reply back with that stupid gif again

Who said anything about it being compulsory in the states?

Again, your gun fetishist hysteria is showing.

Still ignoring the fact that the Australians voted on their ban, too.

Privately held nuclear weapons have been a reality since the fall of the Soviet Union. Yet we're all still here.

It seems that they just have a detonator, which is an important component but not enough to set off a nuclear explosion or even a dirty bomb. It's only enough to start the reaction process with the highly hard to acquire nuclear material.

And just think about this. I can nearly see what he looks like with the blur and he's heading up a major construction project that's one of the largest ever. And you don't think every intelligence agency in the world can't figure out who he really is in a single afternoon? The dude is talking about meeting bin Laden and keeping detonators in his mom's garden. If these things were true, it would be incredibly easy for anyone to just go steal it from him.

Who said anything about it being compulsory in the states?

Again, your gun fetishist hysteria is showing.

Still ignoring the fact that the Australians voted on their ban, too.
Still ignoring the fact that our most liberal state voted to ban gay marriage. The mob isn't always right is it?
We have SCOTUS findings on the 2nd amendment reaffirming it as an individual right, protecting the owning of firearms in common use. Which semi auto rifles and handguns are in common use.

And I don't believe a gun needs to be worshipped or that it gives sexual pleasure, it is a tool that the CDC found AT LEAST 16x more people are saved by than killed with a gun. Again, mental health and criminal issue

Back