Opinion Exactly how do liberals propose we even take away semi-automatic rifles?

That registries get abused? Seriously? You can Google my examples if you are truly curious.

UK banning and then confiscating many different types of guns(that were registered). 1988 and 1996.

France reclassifying guns and confiscating them. Example smooth bore pump action shotgun. 500k destroyed.

Canada reclassifying guns from restricted to prohibited.

Australia forcing everyone to register their guns the banning certain types from ownership and confiscating( forced "buy back").

Massachusetts AG redefining the definition of Assault rifles overnight and threatening AR owners with felonies at her discretion.

California bill (that got blocked) going after grandfathered magazines.

That registries get abused? Seriously? You can Google my examples if you are truly curious.

UK banning and then confiscating many different types of guns(that were registered). 1988 and 1996.

France reclassifying guns and confiscating them. Example smooth bore pump action shotgun. 500k destroyed.

Australia forcing everyone to register their guns the banning certain types from ownership and confiscating( forced "buy back").

Massachusetts AG redefining the definition of Assault rifles overnight and threatening AR owners with felonies at her discretion.

Why isn't the registry being abused in the states that have it now?

Many states have registries, not just MA.

Only Hawaii has a full registry. Others are gun specific(I think only 6 states total do this). Many are newer so the history to abuse isn't there. 1 of those 6 has threatened to enforce a turnover or become a felon at the AG's discretion. California's is always expanding laws forcing gun owners to modify their guns or become a criminal.

Only Hawaii has a full registry. Others are gun specific(I think only 6 states total do this). Many are newer so the history to abuse isn't there. 1 of those 6 has threatened to enforce a turnover or become a felon at the AG's discretion. California's is always expanding laws forcing gun owners to modify their guns or become a criminal.

So then you agree it's possible for there to be a gun registry and nothing bad happens.

Great.

Have a good night.

So then you agree it's possible for there to be a gun registry and nothing bad happens.

Great.

Have a good night.

Lol no. Just because 4 of the 6 states hasn't abused or threated them YET doesn't mean it isn't coming. Canada, Australia, France, UK and I'm sure many other countries show that registration has lead to confiscation.

New york city also did the same thing 'register your guns that could take more than seven rounds of ammo they'll be safe' to only turn around and send every single registrant a notice that they had to either turn it into the police or get rid of it ASAP months later.

Great.

Have a good night.

History (and a lot of it) has shown that these registries are abused. There are just too many instances of it happening.

I remember quite recently when a certain NY newspaper decided to publish a map with locations to every concealed carry permit owner and where they lived. That kind of shit is a no no. And through a freedom of information act inquiry criminals could easily target gun owners.

Lol no. Just because 4 of the 6 states hasn't abused or threated them YET doesn't mean it isn't coming. Canada, Australia, France, UK and I'm sure many other countries show that registration has lead to confiscation.

Canada/France/UK/Australia didn't abuse anything.

They voted on it.

Canada/France/UK/Australia didn't abuse anything.

They voted on it.
http://reason.com/archives/2016/03/22/australias-gun-buyback-created-a-violent/amp

http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/25/the-australia-gun-control-fallacy/

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/10/21/australia-admits-gun-buyback-failure-amnesty/amp/

Considering the fact they've had a handful of amnesty periods since the buy back (which turn up some interesting things) I'd say the compliance of Australia's buyback is pretty crappy. And since when is voting for something make it right? We've seen that a few times in the west, mob rule doesn't always yield the best results.

The UK is such a sissy state now, they'll put out press releases detailing siezed weaponry, usually including an "AK-47" which seems to always be an airsoft toy. So to like what they did, just again pushes the confiscation narrative, they aren't allowed plastic pellet shooting toys for crying out loud.

They're having a hell of a non compliance issue in CA as well, the numbers of NICS transfers before the new regulations and the "registered assault rifles" doesn't add up, toss in the fact that the MSM uses automatic and semi automatic interchangeably and you sway mob rule to vote for anything they want.

You said retail price on guns only, in response to the guy with the $3500 AR after accessories. I simply am saying that some rifles, with out mods and accessories are worth that much or more. Their is no one retail price.

You just don't like AR's then. What type of discussions do you like to have about shotguns. What makes them more interesting to you.
oh i like AR's. they just arent worth much discussion, because regardless of whose logo you payed to have stamped on the side, with very little variance, they are all the exact same. Trying to discuss the various merits of a LWRC vs LaRue vs Noveske is all basically name dropping wank bait because all the parts will invariably swap between them and in same cases are outsourced from a single point of manufacture anyway. Its like rating cars based off of the spoiler on the back or brand of paint on the body. Every now and then you get something a bit different like noveskes gas block system but outside of that, i could blind fold a person have them shoot 3 custom built AR's and have them shoot a 400 dollar Del-ton with a 10 minute trigger job and they wouldnt be able to tell me which in the lot wasnt a super premium gun.

Now shotguns on the other hand, are you enamored by the smooth cycle action of an inertia driven set up like a Benelli, or the rugged and recoil eating useability of a gas gun like the Remmie Versa Max. You could talk about the weird hybrid like options like Brownings A5, or hell stick to pumps and discuss the merits of Remingtons more tightly built 870 vs Mossbergs more ergo friendly 500 offering. Backboring versus non? shot or choke selection? pattern density.
There is SO much you can discuss with a shotgun versus AR discussions which after 5 post invariably boil down to what you have attached TO the rifle versus the rifle itself. AR's are boring as fuck, thats why folks spend so much time talking about what they put ON it rather than what it does differently from any other setup.

You said retail price on guns only, in response to the guy with the $3500 AR after accessories. I simply am saying that some rifles, with out mods and accessories are worth that much or more. Their is no one retail price.

ok?

Some things costs more than other things. I understand how money works.

I've got a friend with both a PSG-1 and an SVD.

Know some people who have NFA machine guns, average cost on those is 20k, some are only 5k, others are 50k+

Then when you get into older boutique shotguns that run anywhere from 10k-200k you'll start seeing what's out there could invariably cost a hell of a lot more than what you'd expect

ok?

Some things costs more than other things. I understand how money works.
<Dany07>

You said a buyback wouldn't cost much, stating that "most guns aren't worth $1,000" without remembering that a good deal of guns are worth more than $1,000

Back