Ex-Rebel Media employee leaves and RIPS Ezra Levant, reveals Laura Southern was fired

First, duh, there are two sides to every story.

Next, I'm willing to bet that the books of most youtube platform quick-rising sensations are a mess. Particularly when funding from advertising is almost completely cut by Google (as is the case for many conservative news), making them heavily reliant on subscribers.

I look at World Vision and know that it's a funding nightmare. The same could be said for 99.9% of charities. There are salaries to be paid, major business expenses, all from an undependable subscriber/donor base. Guaranteed, anyone trying to produce something with consistency would have donation clauses along the lines of "excess will go to other expenses. And again, I'd fully expect all of those involved - including the owner, Ezra - to be paid well.

Unfortunately, as per usual, bias comes in to play in thread-starting/reporting.

Do you realize there's a difference between charities that spend the minimal amount possible on fundraising overhead and charities that commit outright theft? Because you should.

Not yet. At work. Sounds good, but sounds awfully bullshittish

Haven't watched the video yet, but of course you have an opinion on it. I assumed you just approached Trump news like this, not every piece of news.

Gavin is a comedian and political pundit, not an administrator or executive for the rebel. If this scandal includes him then I'll start caring. Are you this upset about msnbc and CNN receiving millions of dollars from the federal government to push their narratives? If you care about media integrity so much it seems there's much bigger fish to fry but it would seem you don't care about that sort of corruption.

What's this about?

The Rebel media always came off to me as scammers.

I believe there was one event where one of their "reporters" got her camera slapped by a confused millenial, and they went on a witch-hunt to doxx the guy and started a crowd-fund for no reason.

Do you realize there's a difference between charities that spend the minimal amount possible on fundraising overhead and charities that commit outright theft? Because you should.

What a joke if you don't know the corruption going on in most charities - really.

Haven't watched the video yet, but of course you have an opinion on it. I assumed you just approached Trump news like this, not every piece of news.

And you watched both videos through did you?

And you watched both videos through did you?

I'm not commenting on the videos. That's the other way for you to not have your head up your ass: either watch the video before commenting on it or don't watch it and don't comment on it. Your head up your ass method is not recommended tbh.

@JosephDredd

https://www.irinnews.org/news/2016/...tarian-hero-accused-funnelling-millions-hamas

"The local head of Christian charity World Vision, who was featured as a “humanitarian hero” for the UN’s World Humanitarian Day in 2014, has diverted millions of dollars worth of cash and supplies to the military activities of the Palestinian group Hamas in Gaza, according to Israel’s internal intelligence service."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Vision_International

"Child sponsorship
In a 2008 report on famine in Ethiopia, reporter Andrew Geoghegan, from Australian TV programme Foreign Correspondent, visited his 14-year-old sponsor child. The girl has "been part of a World Vision program all her life" yet says (in translated subtitle) "Until recently, I didn't know I had a sponsor." and when asked about her knowledge of World Vision sponsorship says "Last time they gave me this jacket and a pen." Geoghegan was disconcerted to find that despite being "told by World Vision that [the girl] was learning English at school, and was improving...she speaks no English at all".[35]

In response World Vision states that they take a "community approach" in which the money is not directly provided to the family of the sponsored child.[citation needed] It was stated that the 'direct benefit' approach would result in jealousy among other community members without children and would not work.[36]

Foreign Correspondent replied to World Vision concerning child sponsorship showing contradictions between the organization's literature that creates the impression that donated money goes directly to the sponsor child and evidence of cases where supposedly sponsored children received little if any benefit.[37]

In 1999 the academic journal Development in Practice published an overview of World Vision's history focusing on the evolution of its global architecture. `Pursuing Partnership: World Vision and the Ideology of Development' was notable for being written by then World Vision staff person Alan Whaites, who went on to become a respected development political scientist. Whaites offered a picture of an organization that was often spurred to innovate and change as a result of internal reflection on external criticism.[38]

World Vision uses the Sponsor a Child method of fundraising.[39]

Local corruption
"In February 2007...World Vision received an anonymous tip that lower level World Vision Liberia employees in key positions...were diverting food deliveries and building supplies for personal gain. World Vision immediately launched an investigation into the allegations, sending auditors to [their] field sites. Through this extensive internal audit, World Vision uncovered the nature and extent of the alleged violations and furnished detailed documentation that assisted the U.S. Government’s subsequent investigation."[40]

On October 25, 2013 World Vision Malawi cancelled a visit and fact-finding trip by a dozen United States Christians from San Antonio, Texas. A fear of danger and instability resulted from the dismissal of World Vision Malawi staff due to corruption. At the same time, the Malawi government fired the president's cabinet because of corruption."

https://clarionproject.org/cair-stand-trial-massive-fraud-0/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ahmed-shihabeldin/accused-of-funding-hamas_b_156956.html

http://hmetro.co.zw/iranian-red-crescent-in-scam/

I'm not commenting on the videos. That's the other way for you to not have your head up your ass: either watch the video before commenting on it or don't watch it and don't comment on it. Your head up your ass method is not recommended tbh.

I watched both. Watch both before commenting.

@JosephDredd

https://www.irinnews.org/news/2016/...tarian-hero-accused-funnelling-millions-hamas

"The local head of Christian charity World Vision, who was featured as a “humanitarian hero” for the UN’s World Humanitarian Day in 2014, has diverted millions of dollars worth of cash and supplies to the military activities of the Palestinian group Hamas in Gaza, according to Israel’s internal intelligence service."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Vision_International

"Child sponsorship
In a 2008 report on famine in Ethiopia, reporter Andrew Geoghegan, from Australian TV programme Foreign Correspondent, visited his 14-year-old sponsor child. The girl has "been part of a World Vision program all her life" yet says (in translated subtitle) "Until recently, I didn't know I had a sponsor." and when asked about her knowledge of World Vision sponsorship says "Last time they gave me this jacket and a pen." Geoghegan was disconcerted to find that despite being "told by World Vision that [the girl] was learning English at school, and was improving...she speaks no English at all".[35]

In response World Vision states that they take a "community approach" in which the money is not directly provided to the family of the sponsored child.[citation needed] It was stated that the 'direct benefit' approach would result in jealousy among other community members without children and would not work.[36]

Foreign Correspondent replied to World Vision concerning child sponsorship showing contradictions between the organization's literature that creates the impression that donated money goes directly to the sponsor child and evidence of cases where supposedly sponsored children received little if any benefit.[37]

In 1999 the academic journal Development in Practice published an overview of World Vision's history focusing on the evolution of its global architecture. `Pursuing Partnership: World Vision and the Ideology of Development' was notable for being written by then World Vision staff person Alan Whaites, who went on to become a respected development political scientist. Whaites offered a picture of an organization that was often spurred to innovate and change as a result of internal reflection on external criticism.[38]

World Vision uses the Sponsor a Child method of fundraising.[39]

Local corruption
"In February 2007...World Vision received an anonymous tip that lower level World Vision Liberia employees in key positions...were diverting food deliveries and building supplies for personal gain. World Vision immediately launched an investigation into the allegations, sending auditors to [their] field sites. Through this extensive internal audit, World Vision uncovered the nature and extent of the alleged violations and furnished detailed documentation that assisted the U.S. Government’s subsequent investigation."[40]

On October 25, 2013 World Vision Malawi cancelled a visit and fact-finding trip by a dozen United States Christians from San Antonio, Texas. A fear of danger and instability resulted from the dismissal of World Vision Malawi staff due to corruption. At the same time, the Malawi government fired the president's cabinet because of corruption."

https://clarionproject.org/cair-stand-trial-massive-fraud-0/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ahmed-shihabeldin/accused-of-funding-hamas_b_156956.html

http://hmetro.co.zw/iranian-red-crescent-in-scam/

Here's a list of top charities. Get cracking, kid.

https://www.charitywatch.org/top-rated-charities

Here's a list of top charities. Get cracking, kid.

https://www.charitywatch.org/top-rated-charities

Nice strawman. The Rebel isn't a charity to begin with, but I'll quote you the first sentence of your link just to show you how much of a business element there is in all recognized charities:

"Groups included on the CharityWatch Top-Rated list generally spend 75% or more of their budgets on programs, spend $25 or less to raise $100 in public support, do not hold excessive assets in reserve, have met CharityWatch's governance benchmarks, and receive "open-book" status for disclosure of basic financial information and documents to CharityWatch."

No it isn't. You don't know what you're talking about on his issue.

You admitted that you were commenting on the video even though you hadn't seen the video.

I said that sounds like you.

How would me watching the video change this interaction?

You admitted that you were commenting on the video even though you hadn't seen the video.

I said that sounds like you.

How would me watching the video change this interaction?

I watched both before commenting once. What on earth are you talking about?

Nice strawman. The Rebel isn't a charity to begin with, but I'll quote you the first sentence of your link just to show you how much of a business element there is in all recognized charities:

"Groups included on the CharityWatch Top-Rated list generally spend 75% or more of their budgets on programs, spend $25 or less to raise $100 in public support, do not hold excessive assets in reserve, have met CharityWatch's governance benchmarks, and receive "open-book" status for disclosure of basic financial information and documents to CharityWatch."

Thank you for quoting the part that shows that some charities try to get as much money to the needy as possible while others are completely fraudulent scams.

I watched both before commenting once. What on earth are you talking about?

Oh shit, I thought you were someone else. Were you the dope who implied that Rebel Media couldn't be in the wrong, and was the victim of biased threadstarting, because there are a lot of fraudulent charities?

*quick check*

Yes. Yes, you are.

Ok, back on track.

im_shocked.gif

You mean some place claiming to be about truth was really peddling conservative talking points just to get people to donate cash to them. They were more focused on generating cash than pushing whatever the real story was? You mean @Jack V Savage didn't make a post about this exact type of behavior in the U.S. over a year ago? Or that it's not common knowledge that most of these fringe media sites are just rustling jimmies to line their own pockets with no regard to the actual truth?

Shocked, I tell you. shocked...or corporations gonna corporation.

Oh shit, I thought you were someone else. Were you the dope who implied that Rebel Media couldn't be in the wrong, and was the victim of biased threadstarting, because there are a lot of fraudulent charities?

*quick check*

Yes. Yes, you are.

Ok, back on track.

Moronic post is moronic. Typical JudgeDredd posting. Doesn't watch videos or read links; inaccurately paraphrases to support his own false narrative.

Back