Ex-Manager Fears For Rigondeaux in Lomachenko Fight

Anyone who is mad at Loma for taking this fight at 130 is either a big huge fan of Rigo or dislikes Loma for some other reason that has nothing to do with this fight. You can't go on and on and on about A side B side in other fights and how it's fair because it's boxing then complain when it benefits someone you aren't a fan of.

This. Like it or not, in 2017 that's what bankable boxers do.

I am a huge fan of both of but I think they should have faught at 126.....to Rigo looks smaller than opponents at 122...... I personally think Rigo might b best P4P but going up 2 weight classes to fight Lomachenko I think isn't realistic to win.

He's right. Rigo is many years past his best (in the pros that was the Donaire fight and physically it was probably during his maateur days) and he is tiny compared to Lomachenko. And Lomachenko has ATG skills as well. if it was prime Rigo the fight would be entertaining for a bit until Loma's size wins the fight.
If both fighters have ATG skills age and size will determine the outcome

I think Rigondeaux is clearly still in good condition but Lomachenko shouldn't get the credit he'd otherwise get if it was at 126lbs.

Rigo can MORE than handle himself even if he is defeated. I believe Loma is a human hype train, full of belief in himself which is a good thing. Confidence is always a good thing of course but Rigo is definitely not just some can that Loma is going to walk thru. This is going to be a fantastic fight. Say Loma ko's Rigo in rd 1, than I guess his ex manager is right, but I HIGHLY DOUBT it will happen.

Rigo is extraordinarily sound in the defense dept. Also, his offense consists of alot of counter punches, Loma comes forward like he does doing his matrix movements and what not, expect Rigo to counter and counter HARD as FUN at that

Back