Ex-Green Beret who inspired Kaepernick clears things up

Obviously this guy isn't a real American.
giphy.gif

I agree 100% with the ex-green beret whose opinion is more credible and respectable than 99% of people who discuss this subject. This has been my exact stance from the beginning.

Do I agree with athletes using the American National Anthem as a stage of protest, in the face of our flag? No way, I hate it actually. Do I believe they are disrespecting the flag and troops/veterans who sacrifice so much for this country? No way.

The fact that Kaepernick took the time to discuss the situation with a green beret, and then change from sitting to kneeling based on the advice he received is proof to me that he was trying his best to exercise his right to protest peacefully and respectfully. Against police brutality against minorities, while using a visible platform.

I hate that he used the stage he did and feel he could have used a hundred better platforms, but I refuse to distort the message, intent, or the conversation.
But they are... and many feel that they are. So why even go against this and protest differently..

But they are... and many feel that they are. So why even go against this and protest differently..
I find your shit posting to be disrespectful. Are we supposed to take action every time we could possibly be offended? Sounds like you're a textbook snowflake.

I find your shit posting to be disrespectful. Are we supposed to take action every time we could possibly be offended? Sounds like you're a textbook snowflake.
So you're offended and you're calling me a snowflake?

Keep up the divisive shit, see how far it gets anyone. I'm telling you one of the biggest issues with the protest and why it's never going to work. Good luck BLMer.

So you're offended and you're calling me a snowflake?

Keep up the divisive shit, see how far it gets anyone. I'm telling you one of the biggest issues with the protest and why it's never going to work. Good luck BLMer.
Lmao no, I'm saying your posts are shit. I'm not saying you should be fired or silenced, I'm not telling everyone they should be as outraged as possible.

You're out of your fucking mind if you think I'm remotely as divisive as you are.

I think the green beret is jealous because Kaepernick sacrificed more than he did, Kaep literally sacrificed everything

I think the green beret is jealous because Kaepernick sacrificed more than he did, Kaep literally sacrificed everything
That post would be funny if the dude actually said anything negative about Kaepernick.

Buh buh buh muh flag.. and buh buh buh muh twoops

Lmao no, I'm saying your posts are shit. I'm not saying you should be fired or silenced, I'm not telling everyone they should be as outraged as possible.

You're out of your fucking mind if you think I'm remotely as divisive as you are.
Wow you're very smart if that is all you took from that.

Buh buh buh muh flag.. and buh buh buh muh twoops

muh skin color. i din du nuffin

Wow you're very smart if that is all you took from that.

muh skin color. i din du nuffin
Thanks for the compliment, I think I'm a little smarter than the average bear but not by much. I knew what you meant, but like I said, your posts are pretty terrible and not really worth taking seriously. Just pointing out a little hypocrisy.

I wonder how many people complaining about Kaepernick kneeling were lounging on their sofas behind their teles munching on chips while the anthem was playing.

Given all the strong and often incorrect viewpoints about this whole thing, I found it interesting. If you don't care, then go away and talk about how much you don't care elsewhere.

I'm curious about your "incorrect viewpoints" statement.
So you're right and everyone else is wrong?

I wonder how many people complaining about Kaepernick kneeling were lounging on their sofas behind their teles munching on chips while the anthem was playing.

I know. He's so brave. Kneeling for the anthem to protest against what?

If I had to guess I'd say he's doing it specifically because it will get a lot of attention (which is the entire point of protesting) and he's willing to take negative press and misinterpretations of his actions if he gets his cause a lot of attention. Plus, he's not stopping games from happening or anything like that, it's a symbolic gesture.

I strongly disagree with the workplace part, because our workplaces can't make us stand for the anthem to begin with. If they could, that would be very dictatorial and would scare me.

Just for example, he could probably get even more attention if he organized picket lines at elementary schools - but it would be unequivocally bad press that would hurt his cause. I agree with others that, intent aside, he choose a self-defeating time and place to make his statement.

This is the dumbest response possible
Do they stand when the anthem is played and they’re there in the stands?
That’s an accurate comparison

So carefully spoken. So much that I feel uncomfortable reading it. I need a safe space from all of this guy's pent up real feelings that he's not telling us.

If the negative press and misinterpretations are something he consciously invited then no reason they should bother anyone else. It not stopping the game is irrelevant.

They can't? Why not? They make me dress a certain way. Sit in a certain chair. Determine if facial hair is allowed. Check my blood for drugs or alcohol. Maintain a driver's license. Behave respectfully toward customers. What in the law prevents them from requiring that I stand silently for a couple minutes on occasion? Especially when the alternative can be construed as showing disrespect towards the customers and sponsor. Since the 1st only applies to government you must be citing something in employment law?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-president-cant-ken-paulson-column/703492001/
http://www.thebowenlawgroup.com/blo...-an-employee-to-stand-for-the-national-anthem
It's less a question of whether the employer can terminate your employment for not standing for the national anthem (they can) and more a question of whether they should. (1) The football players are that are kneeling are a lot of the best football players in the country. That is who people want to see play. It was easier for the NFL to tamper down on Kaepernick alone, but attempting to deal with all the kneelers at once would be hard.

(2) Despite the fact that terminating the employees for not standing is legal, there are certain legal considerations in the contract and code of conduct which would be need to be airtight or the NFL could get in trouble. Bear in mind that the NFL players and agents who would be affected by these termination have access to great lawyers, and the NFL certainly doesn't want a protracted legal battle that they may not win.

Really? Why?

How is this an accurate comparison?

This is the dumbest response possible
Do they stand when the anthem is played and they’re there in the stands?
That’s an accurate comparison

Not half as dumb as your response.

Even a foreigner watching the game from the stands would feel compelled to stand.

Choosing to kneel while everyone in the stadium is standing is comparable to choosing to stand while everyone in the living room is sitting. You lack perspective.

I know. He's so brave. Kneeling for the anthem to protest against what?

Your attempt at sarcasm's not working. While I know what he's protesting, I don't quite care for his stunt nor do I think it helps much with whatever issues he's protesting.

What I'm highlighting is the hypocrisy of fake patriots criticizing Kaepernick as being unpatriotic for not standing while they lounge on couches at home during the anthem.

Back