Evolution will no longer be taught in Turkish schools

In a perfect world, anyone who challenged the theory of evolution -on any level- would be arrested.

25 years-life would teach them a beautiful lesson. What a wonderful state of affairs that would be.

Lots of people shitting on Turks as being ignorant Muslims rolling around in the mud of their third-world shitholes. I wonder if they're aware that some American states want creationism in science class, hold official statewide days dedicated to fixing the economy through prayer and have prayer patrols helping out police forces.

There is one religion on earth right now that fits that description.

Sure other religions have pockets of ignorance, but by and large, there is only one religion on earth, today, that is actively retarding the progress of humanity.

The Christian justification against abortion (in the USA) is a far greater threat than anything else. Anything that stymies the march towards free -safe- abortions on every street corner should be considered a top priority threat.

The Christian justification against abortion (in the USA) is a far greater threat than anything else. Anything that stymies the march towards free -safe- abortions on every street corner should be considered a top priority threat.

Lol. Oh, you.

I am frankly surprised that the EU has opposed Turkey joining for so long, with no signs of surrender. I guess Erdogan has decided to give up.
Yeah considering how Germany , Sweden, Norway and the UK bend over for Muslims .

In a perfect world, anyone who challenged the theory of evolution -on any level- would be arrested.

25 years-life would teach them a beautiful lesson. What a wonderful state of affairs that would be.

So all liberals? Since they think 'equality' is an genetic concept rather than a legal principle (every bit as silly as creationism). I kind of agree and would like to see that.

I have a book written 20 years ago which talks about how Turkey is a ray of light and a sign that democracy and secularism can take hold within a country with a strong Islamic culture. Lmao, RIP ray of hope

Don't care what they do the more they regress science wise the better.

Lots of people shitting on Turks as being ignorant Muslims rolling around in the mud of their third-world shitholes. I wonder if they're aware that some American states want creationism in science class, hold official statewide days dedicated to fixing the economy through prayer and have prayer patrols helping out police forces.

They can want all they want, but we are not going to see evolution outlawed as the majority of even Christians now believe more in an intelligent design type of evolution then a literal old bible version.

Praying never hurt anyone even those that don't believe in it.

Because we all have a creator. so it's understandable that all creatures would have some similarities.

These type of similarities could exist if we had an imperfect creator, or a creator than used an iterative process of development ie evolution.
So, all invoking ID here would mean is that evolution happened, but it happened in a giant lab in heaven, not on earth.

So if that is your new ID argument: The creator would not be all knowing. He would have learned and developed life in a lab in heaven without an absolute understanding of what his end result would be, using an iterative process of development and testing analogous to evolution. Thus this theory must accept that our scientific understanding is correct in that biology is determined by an evolutionary process, but scientist were wrong in assuming evolution occurred on earth rather than in a God Lab.

This would be the only scenario compatible with a creator, and the aforementioned genetic traits. I admit it would make a kinda cool movie.

The reason I know this, is that I have worked in Computer science, and as a mechanical engineer. In either field, regardless of the material, any of our source material you would see vestigial code, or suppressed features.
Code has unused functions. 3D models have hidden geometry, suppressed features, and equations. These are left behind by creators. But the reason these exists, is that human engineers are imperfect, and must design things through iterative processes. An all knowing and perfect being would have no need for these types of features.

Norway isn't in the EU, which pretty much feels like it says all that needs to be said about the post.
I had forgotten that. But you nitpicking says a lot about you. Them not being in the E.U. doesn't change my point, namely that Norway along with the others mentioned do still bend over for Muslims .

Where else do you think they'll take it?

I think they are looking to over-write the entire legacy of the Western civilization and its impact on Turkey, and start over from 1917, prior to Ataturk's reforms.

The evolution theory is merely an incomplete attempt at an explanation about the various phenomenons that we have not yet comprehensively understood. A man can understand scientific concepts without being too deeply invested in evolutionary biology, yes, though I'd still say it's a theory that one ought to be familiar with.

The problem here is that this is simply a part of Erdogan's "anti-Western" campaign, to create an "alternative" Islamic narrative of his own. One that's going to suit his agenda of creating a modern day Caliphate, which he and his successors can reign over as the "Sultanate".

Intellectual castration of the Turks is required before he can fully achieve this feat.

We're not going to be talking about some peaceful Christian community here, which just wishes to live a simple life undisturbed by modern perversions, but a delusional attempt at re-living the Ottoman legacy. That's going to end up pretty damn bad considering how things went for the original.

I had forgotten that. But you nitpicking says a lot about you. Them not being in the E.U. doesn't change my point, namely that Norway along with the others mentioned do still bend over for Muslims .

It's hardly a nitpick as it's significant information. Being careless about such things when discussing that topic opens a significant possibility that the same carelessness goes into the rest of the analysis, which isn't exactly contradicted by the juvenile phrasing.

Because that difference exists only in your head and not in evolution. I don't know where you got this idea that micro evolution selects from existing genes and macro evolution doesn't. Macro evolution is simply the mutation of existing genes via microevolution compounded over a long period.

You're literally just making shit up. That's not the scientific explanation for how evolution works.

You should read through this website so you at least understand what you're arguing against. You seriously have a fundamental misunderstanding about the subject matter.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/home.php

This is his game.

He argues against his own misrepresentation of scientific explanations for biology. That's why he's stuck in a never ending battle over the fact that science doesn't recognize a distinction between micro and macro evolution the way he insists it does.

Macroevolution is simply a term used to describe changes over longer periods of time when looking at a population and moving further back in the taxonomic ranks. When you start talking about changes from the species to genus, from genus to family, or from family to order and so on, "macro" works great as a short hand informal term to communicate these things to people who ready know what taxanonomic ranks are.

@TheComebackKid argues that there is literally two types of evolution. He's been corrected on this point for years but in every new thread the first thing he posts is "There is no such thing as (macro)Evolution."

Which is cute because @ripskater looks like he's starting his own lil systematic classification of life forms. In an earlier post we see a budding taxanomic ranking system as apparently "there can be many species in a kind."

I don't think these creationsts understand just how incredibly large and robust modern science's systematic classification of life really is.

This is why I made the phyologeny challenge to them. Lets compare notes. Show us something as detailed as this for your classification of life
tree-of-life_2000.jpg

All of that we have physical hold-in-your-hand evidence for.

Can you creationists even point out two separate created kinds that have no relation to one another?

Last edited:
It's hardly a nitpick as it's significant information. Being careless about such things when discussing that topic opens a significant possibility that the same carelessness goes into the rest of the analysis, which isn't exactly contradicted by the juvenile phrasing.
It is a nitpick since Norway being in the E.U. or not doesn't really change the point I was making , namely that Norway,Sweden,UK,Germany are all bending over for Muslims.

So even if you take out Norway, you still have Sweden, UK and Germany ; with the later 2 being dominant E.U. powers. So considering the influence and power the UK and Germany wield in the E.U. , their soft on Islam and or migrants approach didn't lead to them strongly campaigning on behalf of Turkey getting in ; this is what I found surprising. And France is hardly critical of Islam either.

A dog and a horse.

they are two different kinds of animals created by God.

These animals belong to the order Pegasoferae.

I'm pretty sure this order was mentioned in the video with the phologeny challenge (although it may be a different but related video.)

Did you watch that one rip? You usually love yourself some youtube knowledge.

Back