evolution of mma shorts

i find it so strange that we dont have any proswearing themlike wand brand too wanderlei had his own rband of shorts which were awesome looking

we are at a strange time in mma now with reebok only small business amazon companies are making mma shorts today no big bad boy sprawl tapout companies anymore its funny watching bellator seeing guys wearing 20 dollar cheap amazon shorts

They're out there. They've just had to change their model and they're definitely not releasing as many designs and colourways are before.

yeah but why board shorts. why not rugby shorts, or soccer shorts, or basketball shorts. Doesnt make any sense, somehow surf shorts, became MMA shorts.

We have some guys wearing rugby shorts in the local smokers.

Linking to a previous post, I guess the surf shorts comes from the link to Brazil in some way. And also in some way linked to the "BJJ lifestyle.

Affliction never really made shorts or training gear from what I remember. Just a lot of questionable t-shirts. I own quite a few of them and still wear them though.. As questionable as skulls etc are, they are super comfy shirts.

I wouldn't say died off, but most of the brands had to change business models and are very much out of the limelight due to the UFC Reebok deal and prior to that, the "brand tax". Most companies just weren't in the space to be paying the amounts rumoured to be asked for in order to pay fighters more to have them wear their gear. You'd have to be following the likes to One FC, Rizin (which has the cooler Japanese brands anyways usually), Bellator and PFL etc.

If you open various mags and go to the main websites and magazines, you'll probably see a lot more advertising. Last I checked, I believe GSP is still plastered all over Hayabusa's page and the likes of Gus on Bad Boy.

Venum and Hayabusa are still trucking along.

Tapout look like they're very much into crossfit etc through WWE.

yeah it seems venum and hayabusa are the main mma brands now. they are both good brands IMO. not as douchey as affliction and tapout. I didnt know tapout went WWE, but makes perfect sense lol

The owner of affliciton used to train at the same gym as me a very long time ago. He was probably in his 30s at the time and tried to pick a fight with a 20 yr old gay kid during training one day

yeah it seems venum and hayabusa are the main mma brands now. they are both good brands IMO. not as douchey as affliction and tapout. I didnt know tapout went WWE, but makes perfect sense lol

The owner of affliciton used to train at the same gym as me a very long time ago. He was probably in his 30s at the time and tried to pick a fight with a 20 yr old gay kid during training one day

Tapout looks completely different from what you would historically thing Tapout would look like. From what I see, it's a lot closer to Reebok crossfit type of clothing. So a lot of the advertising we the athletes working out in Tapout gear (think battle ropes and weights etc).

Tapout looks completely different from what you would historically thing Tapout would look like. From what I see, it's a lot closer to Reebok crossfit type of clothing. So a lot of the advertising we the athletes working out in Tapout gear (think battle ropes and weights etc).

just googled them,

this

latest

is a hell of alot better than this

MV5BMTc4OTQ2MjQ0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEwMTc4Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Maybe, but as a person that's been following this sport since the last 90s, it just ain't the Tapout I know

I been involved in muay thai for 18 years to be exact. before MMA came out. I never was a fan of MMA, and never hopped on the MMA bandwagon. And never owned any tapout, affliction, or any other skull/wing mma type clothing. :)

lol he fought on a local show in my state back n 2009 i remember tapout use to have some awesome valetudo shorts though the ones matt hughes use to wear and were cheap god it was awesome u use to have the usa mma brands then u went to brazilian fightwear.com or casagrosato getyour brazilian gears like atama,koral,,krugens,rags,badboy,wand

so much good shit i cant believe nobody has tried to re create the old school shorts long valetudo shorts look ugly as fuck

lol he fought on a local show in my state back n 2009 i remember tapout use to have some awesome valetudo shorts though the ones matt hughes use to wear and were cheap god it was awesome u use to have the usa mma brands then u went to brazilian fightwear.com or casagrosato getyour brazilian gears like atama,koral,,krugens,rags,badboy,wand

so much good shit i cant believe nobody has tried to re create the old school shorts long valetudo shorts look ugly as fuck

Check out Dethrone. They sell vale tudo shorts that Conor McGregor wears.

I emailed one Brazilian brand that used to sell vale tudo shorts and they said they won’t make them only they board shorts type for no gi or mma.

I been involved in muay thai for 18 years to be exact. before MMA came out. I never was a fan of MMA, and never hopped on the MMA bandwagon. And never owned any tapout, affliction, or any other skull/wing mma type clothing. :)

Tapout shorts used to be great, but that was 15 - 20 years ago. Never got into the MMA t-shirt thing, but the shorts were a good score back in the day; super durable w/ good construction.

I use triumph United fight shorts for all of my gym needs, they have short version ones too that are well above the knee. I haven’t gotten the courage to wear Muay Thai shorts yet even though I’ve owned some in the past

Check out Dethrone. They sell vale tudo shorts that Conor McGregor wears.

I emailed one Brazilian brand that used to sell vale tudo shorts and they said they won’t make them only they board shorts type for no gi or mma.[/QUOTE

yeah i seen dethrones they have a decent cut but are a bit ugly white with vertical stripes like a baseball uniform ormaybe they have more i havnt seen i thought maybe trying tog et a few pair made from pakistan from alibaba or whatever

is there any websites that sell just even plain colored tights like guys use to wear back n early 2000s? id think male strippers would have them or something lol

a
Tapout shorts used to be great, but that was 15 - 20 years ago. Never got into the MMA t-shirt thing, but the shorts were a good score back in the day; super durable w/ good construction.
actually no man tapout was bottom of the barrel of garbage shorts thats why they only use to cost 25 dollars cause they sued very cheap materials and no spandex in the crotch thats what sprawl pioneered

they had good valetudo shorts though

As a surfer most brands of board shorts I have had are fucking built to last, and not constricting. Then remember BJ Penn was sponsored by rvca which is a surf/skate company

a

actually no man tapout was bottom of the barrel of garbage shorts thats why they only use to cost 25 dollars cause they sued very cheap materials and no spandex in the crotch thats what sprawl pioneered

they had good valetudo shorts though

I had mutilple tapout short board/surf shorts that lasted decade+ - regular wear, work, gym, surf, pyjama - w/ minor fraying on the drawstring. They might not have been the best out there, but they were better than a lot of the horseshit I see out there today.

I'm talking before they were in TK/TJ Maxx/Winners.

OMG, those stores... fightwear.com, Casca Grossa, Brazilian Fightwear, Vitamins and Minerals.

I just had a #prideneverdies moment

Yeah the shorts wear actually surprisingly good. I've looked after mine real well and 10 years on, they're still going strong.

Yeah the shorts wear actually surprisingly good. I've looked after mine real well and 10 years on, they're still going strong.

I've got one more pair knocking around somewhere, but I hardly wear them because they are prized, lol. Black, white and gray camos from 2000-2002(?). Still rugged but washed so many times they feel like silk.

I've got one more pair knocking around somewhere, but I hardly wear them because they are prized, lol. Black, white and gray camos from 2000-2002(?). Still rugged but washed so many times they feel like silk.

I think I have that same pair. Urban camos. That one is actually the only one that's falling apart. A few of the seams are popping off..

I use triumph United fight shorts for all of my gym needs, they have short version ones too that are well above the knee. I haven’t gotten the courage to wear Muay Thai shorts yet even though I’ve owned some in the past

why wouldnt you wear them?

Back