Akop Stepanyan (23-8), Russia vs Tiago Meller (20-7), Brazil

Mikhail Ragozin (6-1), Russia vs Wallyson Carvalho (6-1), Brazil

Alexei Ivanov (7-2), Russia vs Jesse Juarez (23-11), USA

Dmitry Bikrev (5-3), Russia vs Jose Diaz (6-2), USA

Roman Kopylov (1-0), Russia vs Jose Aparecido Gomes (7-1), Brazil

Elnur Agaev (9-5), Russia vs Anderson Diniz (14-4), Brazil

Alexander Belikh (6-1), Russia vs Brian Hooi (7-3), Holland

Alexandr Dankov (2-1), Russia vs Daniels Riekstins (2-1), Latvia

World Series of Fighting – Global Championship (WSOF-GC) Heavyweight Champion, Evgeny Erokhin (15-4), has been called to action to compete in front of Russian President, Vladimir Putin. WSOF Global’s Erokhin will headline a special, exclusive event to be held by League S-70 in Sochi, Russia on August 21, in honor of the President of the Russian Federation.

“It is an absolute honor to have our Global champion honor his home country and the President,” stated WSOF-GC President, Shawn Wright. “Erokhin has been a great competitor for us and an ambassador for our brand. He has always been humble in victory and thankful for his opportunities with our organization. It’s great to see that we have this chance to showcase one of our champions to President Putin. Hopefully this will be the spark to bring some exciting WSOF Global events to the great MMA fans of Russia in the future. ”

Awesome match up, that card looks like it could be very brutal.

Nice fight, Newton could end up winning via wrestling or his spinning backfist of doom. Guess Bellator either canned him after losing 3 in a row, or his contract lets him fight outside of the org.

Stepanyan vs Minu has the potential to be fireworks
Amagov and EE are must see fights

Evgeny should win but Newton is no joke and is absolutely a threat. I like the fight.

Couple of awesome fights at the top. Amagov's return at 205lbs (?!) against a decent enough lhw in Broenstrup.

If Erokhin smokes Newton that could punch his ticket to the UFC. I'd love him to do 205lbs though,he'd have a much better chance of making an impact there. If he comes in as a HW, he'll follow in the footsteps of Konstantin - 0-2 and cut.

I wonder how bad newton is going to look before pulling off a surprise ko

Couple of awesome fights at the top. Amagov's return at 205lbs (?!) against a decent enough lhw in Broenstrup.

If Erokhin smokes Newton that could punch his ticket to the UFC. I'd love him to do 205lbs though,he'd have a much better chance of making an impact there. If he comes in as a HW, he'll follow in the footsteps of Konstantin - 0-2 and cut.
Amagov started as a HW fighter and if I'm not mistaken he beat Rasulov (ACB HW champ) this year in an army hand-to-hand combat bout.
Seems like both UFC and Bellator already offered their contracts to Erokhin. He said something like he wants to gain more experience before signing with big promotion.

Amagov started as a HW fighter and if I'm not mistaken he beat Rasulov (ACB HW champ) this year in an army hand-to-hand combat bout.
Seems like both UFC and Bellator already offered their contracts to Erokhin. He said something like he wants to gain more experience before signing with big promotion.

IIRC @MilesAbove said he had signed a 6 fight deal with WSOF-GC
He had fought 2 times for them after that signing if I'm not wrong

Is this like that Putin event where no one else was allowed to attend apart from Putin and his pals?

Thanks for the info. Guess we won't be seeing Erokhin for a while in the UFC. He'd be an idiot to sign with Bellator, their HW division is ridiculously poor now. Amagov could be interesting at 205lbs, he's exciting to watch too. Dirlei is no joke though.

IIRC @MilesAbove said he had signed a 6 fight deal with WSOF-GC
He had fought 2 times for them after that signing if I'm not wrong
If im not mistaken he signed an 8 fight deal, he has fought 3 times with them. And this is the second time they have let him fight outside the company

Thanks for the info. Guess we won't be seeing Erokhin for a while in the UFC. He'd be an idiot to sign with Bellator, their HW division is ridiculously poor now. Amagov could be interesting at 205lbs, he's exciting to watch too. Dirlei is no joke though.
That's what confused me when this was originally announced. I knew Amagov had fought at heavyweight early in his career, but he looked goo in the UFC at 170. Dirlei is a good regional guy at 205 even though he's a kind of small for the class.

That's what confused me when this was originally announced. I knew Amagov had fought at heavyweight early in his career, but he looked goo in the UFC at 170. Dirlei is a good regional guy at 205 even though he's a kind of small for the class.
maybe he was pulling a Rumble to get to 170

Amagov is fucking beast. He fought at lightheavy~heavyweight in his early career days and he already defeated Evegeny(WSOF GC HW champ), Antigulov(ACB LHW champ). He really know well about how to fight with heavier guy

Great org for him to sign with, would be #6 in the division. Would want to see him fight Kharitonov.

Great org for him to sign with, would be #6 in the division. Would want to see him fight Kharitonov.

He should go to the UFC. The division is wide open and I think he's better than some of the Russian HWs who have been struggling there lately.

He should go to the UFC. The division is wide open and I think he's better than some of the Russian HWs who have been struggling there lately.

He would do good in UFC though I would rather see him in Bellator since he would be a bigger fish in a smaller pond, still have good comp, and would be helping out a smaller org.

Back