Everyone saying Demetrious needs to move up a weight class

People give DJ wayyyyy too much credit for beating TALLER fighters.

He didn't even look that good against Elliott.

Did Conor ever miss weight? No.

Did he EVER belong at 145lbs? No. Does he tower above 95% of 145lb fighters? Yes.

Just because he's cheating his body to get there doesn't mean he belongs there.
DJ still had to deal with him all the same.

Same as if DJ moved to Bantamweight he'd have to deal with fighters who should be fighting at featherweight but decide to make the extra weightcut down.

DJ should move up just to test the waters against some middle games with name, like Anderson did.

Fight guys between 6-10 in the BW rankings. This would give FLW some time to try to get a deserving contender.

Like Bryan Caraway?

It's just aside from the fact that DJ already tested the bantamweight waters, even at light-heavyweight Anderson never had to deal with the size disadvantages DJ has already had to deal with.

Last edited:
DJ still had to deal with him all the same.

Same as if DJ moved to Bantamweight he'd have to deal with fighters who should be fighting at featherweight but decide to make the extra weightcut down.
I'm not disagreeing with any of that, I think you missed my entire point.

Everyone need to leave their basement and stop telling professional fighters what to do.

Like Bryan Caraway?

It's just aside from the fact that DJ already tested the bantamweight waters, even at light-heavyweight Anderson never had to deal with the size disadvantages DJ has already had to deal with.

Don't know. Maybe Jimmie Rivera, Thomas Almeida. Dodson is up there, we'll see how he does.
Because that's the only thing left for DJ. He has no real challenge in FLW anymore.

Don't know. Maybe Jimmie Rivera, Thomas Almeida. Dodson is up there, we'll see how he does.
Because that's the only thing left for DJ. He has no real challenge in FLW anymore.

Fair enough.

I follow DJ pretty closely and have seen some close calls with Dodson, Moraga, and Elliott. So I'm more interested to see who from his weightclass will have the style or gameplan to beat him.

I think the Benavidez KO was a one in a thousand type thing, and a 3rd fight will be more competitive like the first bout.

If Sergio Pettis beats Henry Cejudo I want to watch him compete vs. DJ soon.

Ray Borg, Ian McCall, or Justin Scoggins have personality and skill to provide a good upcoming rivalary. Borg being the closest.

One of the other TUF members, maybe Brandon Moreno or Alexandre Pantoja will likely work their way to a title shot. That was universally acclaimed as one of the most talent rich seasons.

Then lots have had their eyes on undefeated Magomed Bibulatov whose making his debut at 210, so I'm curious how that goes too.

DJ wants to break the record, and he should have the opportunity to pursue it, if that's his goal.

He's still got plenty of time to move up. Dude is only 30.

I want him to move up because it would be exciting, he has nothing left to prove at 125, and the poor man deserves a proper push from the UFC, which he will never get at 125.

He's way too small for 135.

He'd probably be able to beat some top 10 guys just because he's so good but he'd get ko'd by TJ and Cody.

He'd probably make more but there's a far greater chance he loses. FLW is a garbage division.

Back