Everyone is Ducking Kamaru Usman

This is how I know they are trying to protect Till. When has the UFC ever announced only one side of a main event? You only see that opponent TBD shit in boxing.

If I were Sean Shelby and the UFC, I'd offer two opponents at a time to guys, and make them choose one or the other. Make the pay commensurate with the quality of the opponent as well.

Offer Covington $50k/$50k to fight Till or $25k/$25k to fight Perry... no other options, either pic one or the other or don't fight and lose your ranking. Let the fighters know in advance that sitting and waiting for a more favorable opponent is going to come with a lower purse offer as well. This stalling and cherry-picking opponents is getting out of hand.

I'll concede that the actual champs of divisions should be afforded some latitude (not free reign), but anyone else should fight who they're told (offered).
Yeah, let's exercise more control on fighters who we already got by the balls... That should encourage them....

If no one else will fight him, cowboy probably needs more beer money

Cuz usman beats maia 9 times out of 10

Maia beats Usman 91 times out of 100.

Usman hasn't defended a single takedown in the UFC. Not one. He hasn't beaten anyone close to being ranked. Not one. Maia has taken down several wrestlers before, and wrestlers with actual proven take down defence, and Maia has beaten a lot of really good fighters.

I don't see where your confidence is coming from.

Last edited:
Usman, the dude is just unlikable with a sling of non exciting performances. The only ko was over that Brazilian dude a fight or two ago.

I remember watching that fight with my bro on the Rockhold vs Branch card I believe and when he kept saying "I'm a problem, I'm a problem" and we both just shook our heads and said this guy is a dumbass

Then he fights an unranked guy with no wrestling, takes it to a decision, and starts making excuses and calling Colby out while blabbering a bunch of mumbo jumbo in Nigerian and that was one of the cringiest post-fight interviews I've ever heard

Honestly, if he fought Woodley, I'd probably root for Wood. Something is wrong with ol' boy I think too. He's also an Afrocentrist moron with hashtags on his twitter like "African power" and stuff like that. I kinda thought he was after he was belittling Meek on the mic after Meek showed him respect but Usman waited until he left the octogon to start talking shit

He says he's a nightmare, a promotional nightmare is more like it. Us vs Wood would be a complete bomb of a ppv and would be an even lesser draw than Tyrone. Dana expressed his disgust with him and I'm sure wants nothing to do with the guy. If he's trying to play the heel role, that might be his only shot at getting some attention.

Usman, the dude is just unlikable with a sling of non exciting performances. The only ko was over that Brazilian dude a fight or two ago.

I remember watching that fight with my bro on the Rockhold vs Branch card I believe and when he kept saying "I'm a problem, I'm a problem" and we both just shook our heads and said this guy is a dumbass

Then he fights an unranked guy with no wrestling, takes it to a decision, and starts making excuses and calling Colby out while blabbering a bunch of mumbo jumbo in Nigerian and that was one of the cringiest post-fight interviews I've ever heard

Honestly, if he fought Woodley, I'd probably root for Wood. Something is wrong with ol' boy I think too. He's also an Afrocentrist moron with hashtags on his twitter like "African power" and stuff like that. I kinda thought he was after he was belittling Meek on the mic after Meek showed him respect but Usman waited until he left the octogon to start talking shit

He says he's a nightmare, a promotional nightmare is more like it. Us vs Wood would be a complete bomb of a ppv and would be an even lesser draw than Tyrone. Dana expressed his disgust with him and I'm sure wants nothing to do with the guy. If he's trying to play the heel role, that might be his only shot at getting some attention.

Usman and Woodley are awesome and excellent fighters. Deal with it hater.

How is he any better than Jon Fitch? It looks like he stopped KOing people outside of the smaller leagues.

Even guys like Till have no interest in fighting him. Dude literally can't move up in the rankings because everyone is declining to fight him.

Usman is a pretty good fighter, his style reminds me of khabib. I think that would be an interesting match-up. I've not seen enough of Usman to know exactly where he belongs in the rankings. All that said, I still don't like the guy. He should prob be ranked a little higher, and fighters wont see that as such a dangerous match-up being that he's relatively low in rankings right now...yet a good fighter.

Usman hasn't defended a single takedown in the UFC. Not one. He hasn't beaten anyone close to being ranked. Not one. Maia has taken down several wrestlers before, and wrestlers with actual proven take down defence, and Maia has beaten a lot of really good fighters.

I don't think anyone has even attempted a TD on him. I think Maia could be on the decline and Usman just coming into his prime.

He keeps calling fighters out but no-one is biting and I don't blame them, he's not that well-known, not that highly ranked & yet despite this is a dangerous opponent who has the skills to potentially roll through the division.

If Dana is saying he's such a hard guy to get a fight for then he should do his fecking job & tell fighters like Colby or Till that its Usman or no-one.

Poor nightmare. It’s a hard nut to crack for him. He just needs to fight some journeymen, and pile up some KO’s.

Cuz Maia's old and would lose to Usman. Easy decision win for Kamaru.

So you're justifying fighters ducking. Cool.
You're half correct. I am justifying ducking a fight that's likely to be extremely boring if they lose. That's why the last sentence I wrote was that better losses are out there. It's better to be knocked out cold by Wonderboy or Woodley or get mixed up in a possible FOTN performance against RDA than it is to be remembered for losing a boring fight with a sturdy blanket operating at under 50%. It's not like he's ranked crazy high and beating him moves them up in the rankings. It's all risk for most of these potential opponents with little to no reward for beating him.

Even guys like Till have no interest in fighting him. Dude literally can't move up in the rankings because everyone is declining to fight him.

Problem is just when people were starting to take an interest in Usman he looked like hell in that last fight and made the 30% comment. Which fans and UFC brass didn't appreciate.

The guy has unreal wrestling skills , has talent no doubt. Issue is this is a sport that has to be entertaining and a fighter has to make fans want to watch. Other fighters realize this and try and be exciting wanting to work their way to the top. Taking a fight with Usman isn't only dangerous but could be boring, making it a lose lose situation for any contender.

Usman NEEDS to take a few chances and bring 100% in his next fight ,whomever it's against or the road to a title shot will be even harder to get.

Does anyone want to see Usman vs Woodley? It would be a 25 minute wrestling match with very little offence on the ground. With one of them trying to win by top position and control. Bet it would even have less strikes than Woodley Maia and would sell like shit.

Hell ,he makes Fitch look like Wanderlei as far as excitement goes .

I don't think anyone has even attempted a TD on him. I think Maia could be on the decline and Usman just coming into his prime.

Thinking Maia might be on the decline is the only logical reason I've heard thus far. If he's not, though, I think he can get the win. I stand by the notion that being rushed into back to back to back fights every 6-8 weeks had something to do with his last performance against Colby.

Maia isn't Sergio Moraes or meek. Maia has been top ten across two decades for a decade. If he is on his game, then he can definitely beat Usman, who is still largely unproven.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back