Everyone is Ducking Kamaru Usman

Woodley and Colby are better wrestlers than usman. I'm not convinced Usman would win at all. Colby was Maia's third top five fight in 6 months. Maia looked warn the fuck out in that fight and I wouldn't use it as a measuring stick for Maia's abilities.

All he has to do is stuff Colby's takedowns and he has nothing for him. I would argue that Usman has better striking than Colby, he is stronger (as you said, subjective though), and has a good reach advantage. Again, with Maia, all he has to do is stuff the takedowns. Of course Maia can catch him with something, I just don't like his chances.

Can't blame them. Who wants to be in a boring fight and likely lose. Better losses are out there to be had.

This.

He's very good but very boring. Even his family roots against him for stalling. There is absolutely no benefit for anyone in the top 5-10 to fight him. I usually hate ducking, but in this specific scenario, I'm fine with it.

All he has to do is stuff Colby's takedowns and he has nothing for him. I would argue that Usman has better striking than Colby, he is stronger (as you said, subjective though), and has a good reach advantage. Again, with Maia, all he has to do is stuff the takedowns. Of course Maia can catch him with something, I just don't like his chances.

That's all anyone has to do against maia, though, and far more often than not,they fail. Maia has far more experience than Usman, and Maia has traded strikes with far better strikers than Usman.

I like Maia's experience to find a way in that fight. Maybe he shields him, or chokes him out like story and sonnen.

The Fight won't happen though.

That's all anyone has to do against maia, though, and far more often than not,they fail. Maia has far more experience than Usman, and Maia has traded strikes with far better strikers than Usman.

I like Maia's experience to find a way in that fight. Maybe he shields him, or chokes him out like story and sonnen.

The Fight won't happen though.

Maybe. The way I see it, Usman basically beats him how Colby did, but much, much worse.

It is ducking and its bring going on for a solid year, there was a thread about it on sherdog.
Lol at people defending their faves, half of the top ten do not deserve their place.
Ponzi, usman, Edwards should all be higher

Usman is clearly the number 2 guy in the division. Just hasn't had the opportunity to show it.

I want to see him wreck Colby. If he keeps ducking, feed him Wonderboy.

Usman is clearly the number 2 guy in the division. Just hasn't had the opportunity to show it.

I want to see him wreck Colby. If he keeps ducking, feed him Wonderboy.

It's hard to say clearly because as you said, he hasn't had the opportunity. I could definitely see him in the top 5 soon though.

Maybe. The way I see it, Usman basically beats him how Colby did, but much, much worse.

Maybe, but he's more likely to get Maia's leftovers in gunni, masvidal, or Magny, though. That is assuming fighters accept fights.

He's basically called out everyone, but the thing is he shouldn't have to. Pretty sure he got matched with Meek because no one else wanted the fight.
I still don't understand why they didn't make Usman vs the eye poke guy and Meek vs Perry instead of the matchups they did go with. I think both fights would've been much closer if they had chosen those.

I still don't understand why they didn't make Usman vs the eye poke guy and Meek vs Perry instead of the matchups they did go with. I think both fights would've been much closer if they had chosen those.

Maybe, who knows? I don't think eye poke mcgee wants anything to do with Usman tho tbh.

I hope till and him don’t fight... it would suck to have 2 legit Young title contenders knock each other out dude deserves a top 10 guy... give him ponzi I think

Maybe, who knows? I don't think eye poke mcgee wants anything to do with Usman tho tbh.
not Court McGee, the guy Perry actually fought ... forcing me to google him now haha

Ponzini .. whatever, that guy <<<

he's a high risk little reward fight and most of these guys know that not mention the recent trend of everyone wanting a high profile "big money fight"

Gunnar would put up a better fight against Usman in my opinion. Where is Gunnar anyways? He only fights like once every ten months.
He'd been campaigning to get the eyepoke loss overturned, but he did try to get on the UFC Dublin card and was injured in camp. He was then hoping to get Till at UFC London but Till was still holding out for the Liverpool event.

From what I can tell, he's wanted a fight since November so I'm still unsure about details of any injuries excluding from the Ponzinondio fight.

Even guys like Till have no interest in fighting him. Dude literally can't move up in the rankings because everyone is declining to fight him.
He moved up the rankings after beating both Moraes and Meek, neither of whom were ranked (top 15) at that time.

Back