Everyone has a lifted Truck..

pretty much the same phenomena where i live - been like this for years though.

Around here, lifted trucks are owned by spoiled farm kids or people from the city. My quarter ton isn't the norm, but I also don't pull a 5th wheel or gooseneck.

In Az every Caucasian male has a lifted truck.. Smh

You get one of three things when people try to make fun of you for having a slightly larger truck

1.) You're compensating (this is hilarious because they are usually a person driving some rice burner with an exhaust that sounds like it's farting)

2.) You're wasting your money (go back to the person in the beater that can't afford an oil change)

3.) You're a racist (I'm half Japanese and Mexicans think I am a Native, Natives think I am Mexican, and white people think I'm Samoan... so... yeah).
Holy fuck dude, not only do we both own guns and trucks, people tend to think we're a nationality we aren't. I've been mistaken for Mexican (or some kind of South American), Native and Chinese thus far.

This is what i noticed almost everywhere in alberta, including edmonton where not a single truck has seen mud, they all drive like an asshole and swerve and rev engines, claim confederate flag often...its funny.
I remember when I first moved out to the Prairies, cohorts were telling me that I needed a truck. I was like, "For what?" They said, "Winter" I said, "We have winter in Toronto too."

Not gonna lie, one thing I miss about my Evo, was blasting past dudes, in the snow, while their half tons were fishtailing all over the highway at like half my speed. Don't get me wrong, I was very much aware of the limitations of my old car, but snow on paved highways wasn't one of them.

That said, I don't have anything against trucks, to each their own, I just never grew up with an affinity towards them. My truck serves as my hunting truck and daily driver. When I get a chip on the windshield of the Canyon, I give zero fucks. When the back of the cab gets covered in dog hair, I give zero fucks. In the spring, when they patch up the shitty Saskatchewan highways and I get cold patch on my truck, I give zero fucks.

I do, however, give a lot of fucks about my car.

Not sure if I sense sarcasm or not but @Clippy can confirm our streets have massive potholes and you need something rugged. Most people's offroad experience is our on road.

I'm actually getting an allignment on my car this Wednesday :p

I noticed my summer tires are wearing unevenly.

Recently I was on the Kingston Peninsula - heading to the country Irving from route 850 and I hit this bump that sent the car flying, me and the wife were airborn. I have an umbrealla I keep in the back behind the seats and it has NEVER flown out of that spot except for that time

i have a lifted jeep, because i actually go offroading and climb rocks and shit

lifted trucks were cool here for "bros" like 10 years ago. i remember pulling up to a gas station with a bunch of "metal mulisha" bros outside, they would all perk up expecting me to be one of them but i aint

jeep.jpg

for reference, these are what "bros" looked like, and they all lived in the 909 or pretended to. 90% of lifted trucks in california were owned by them
luskgroup3.jpg

giant-bro-truck-780674.jpg

they ONLY wore either jeans or shorts with high black socks.
Nice jeep

Ah I remember that fad...

Brodozers, famous sticker, monster energy drink, cotton mouth kings,etc.

Sadly my brother was a bro...luckily with family intervention,we pulled him away from that world and with lots of work and patience,he now lives a normal life..

And wears his hat correctly...
jessejames.jpg

The king of bros

The alphaest of all alpha trucks is still an old Toyota Hilux

toyota_hilux_pick_up_3766681_3_orig.jpg

Back