Everyone complains that UFC gives us weak PPVs.. but is that really true?

Well, I guess that's why the whole topic is irrelevant to you. Those who are bitching = those who actually pay for it because these are not free cards for them.
Now if you have actually to pay for each card you have different perspective.

Exactly.

I'll happily shit on a card if it's not great, but I know I get it all for free anyway and I'll watch it no matter what.

Feel bad for you Americans who have to shill out $60 for a bad PPV, or at least pay for internet fast enough to watch streams cough cough.

Yes, it's ABSOLUTELY true. How long have you been watching, because if you were around many moons ago, you would recognize how shitty they are now. Part of it is too many events. Part of it is most top fighters only fight once or twice a year. Part of it is more divisions and a watering down of the product.

For me, it's not so much the top 2 or 3 fights, it's fights 4 and 5 often have guys or girls who I've never heard of or never seen fight. People I've literally never heard of. Didn't know they existed. Back in the day you knew ALL the fighters and they were like appetizers for the main and co-main. Now... not so much.

Before it seemed like 50-75% of PPVs were good and worth it. Recently it seems like maybe 25-33% are worth it. And ridiculous they chose to raise the price once again as quality declines.

Even at the new price and buying it on my own, I'm okay with it if it's a good card. Like 217 was a no brainer, but at least ones like 211, 214, and 218 were adequate. But so many are just not worth it.

I can't believe even with the new deals next year, they're still doing the typical 12 PPVs which means it's not likely to get better.

Although it is weird how they have 12 champs, who if they even fought twice per year, you should see almost 2 title fights on EVERY PPV. Yes, there is the occasional title fight on big FOX, but not very often. Plus interim titles offset that. That speaks more to how inactive some are though.

As a early 2005 join date and someone who was watching this much longer than that I'll just state that due to the oversaturation of the product it generally brings down the excitement level for the product. Let me put it this way, the same card today would be much more exciting back in 2006. It just the way things were since there was less of it. There was no prelims or fight pass. There was no off season to mma and they kept piling the product on while the competition like Pride, Affliction, Strikeforce started folding so we kept getting more UFC as well.

UFC 2016 493 fights
UFC 2006 158 fights

I just remember I could easily find multiple people who would want to watch fight cards 10 years ago. Now it's a much harder ordeal. The bars back 10 years ago were making a killing for majority of the fights. 2011 was the last year before the major down turn(Lesnar retired that Dec and other stars were going as well) It wasn't until the second coming with Ronda and McGregor that things picked up again.

Mystic UL is once again full of shit. Or himself. Not much difference.

The sport is growing in two very important regions: Russia and SE Asia. Two very populous countries. Also on the rise in China, Korea, aside from the unsustainable big shows, Japan is the same as ever, with the traditional promotions plugging along. The sport is now legal in Thailand, and even has a homegrown promotion. Brazil and Europe, same as ever, with Poland’s KSW slowly expanding beyond the borders.

But yeah, keep talking about how the sport is declining everywhere and acting like you know everything. :rolleyes:
growing so much that the con artists would sell up?

if the sport was growing
the fertittas would be here
they didn't sell up for no reason

>defending these terrible PPV offerings
the absolute state of UFC fans.
ufc ppv spurdo.jpg

WME's got shills trying to convince you these cards don't suck.

They started getting weaker around 2012 iirc. Because around that time the frequency of cards increased to the extent that they just didnt have enough talent to properly fill them all out anymore. Adding tons of extra divisions and womens MMA didnt help either, it just watered down the idea of champions and made each division seem less important.

Having said that - 226 and 225 are really good cards, but those kind of cards are nowhere near as common now as they used to be.

growing so much that the con artists would sell up?

if the sport was growing
the fertittas would be here
they didn't sell up for no reason
You just said it yourself. They sold up. $4.2 billion doesn’t come along every day, especially when you’re dreaming of buying a football franchise.

Just because the fertitta’s sold out, doesn’t mean the sport isn’t still growing.

Of course, if you weren’t so full of yourself, and actually followed the sport. Outside the UFC, you’d know that, or at least have something of actual substance to refute my argument, which you failed to do.

Mystic UL? More like Turd Ferguson.

only conor and ronda cards are stacked the rest suck

I completely understand.
If I was forced to pay for cards I would argue for having half as many events and making them twice as stacked.
Cause I would be kind of pissed at having to pay ~60$ for a card with only 2-3 good fights, and a lot of filler.

But living in Europe and not being able to watch most cards live because of the time difference I'm quite happy to download them for free afterwards.
But that sometimes makes me kind of immune to the complaints of the average PPV watcher.
For example, I love the fact that there are many events.
And I have no concern over the order of fights, cause I can just skip the ones I'm uninterested in.

Yes it's true....

For the amount of money they are charging it's extremely rare any card justifies the price.

Back in the day, you would get your monies worth.

I'd much rather watch the 10 team league. Every game would be allstar quality.

UFC should go back to this. Chuck and Tito and others became huge names because they fought more frequently. They would show up on half the PPVs. Nowadays we have Primadonnas like Conor McFucktard fighting less frequently than once per year and holding up divisions and belts.

People lose interest.

I don't watch many pro sports as it is so diluted. The Super 12 (12 teams) was the best rugby league on Earth, not even close. Then it became the super 18. Blah.

The NBA most teams have 1 great player, hockey 3-4 then 13 grinders.

I can't even gamble on the UFC anymore because I don't even know who 80% of the fighters are anymore. And I'm on Sherdog every day.

I don't watch many pro sports as it is so diluted. The Super 12 (12 teams) was the best rugby league on Earth, not even close. Then it became the super 18. Blah.

The NBA most teams have 1 great player, hockey 3-4 then 13 grinders.

I can't even gamble on the UFC anymore because I don't even know who 80% of the fighters are anymore. And I'm on Sherdog every day.

Absolutely. I agree 100%

Well, I guess that's why the whole topic is irrelevant to you. Those who are bitching = those who actually pay for it because these are not free cards for them.
Going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch PPVs >>>> Paying the full price for them

Yeah the (uncommon) weak ppv's suck, and are not the majority. The issue is the markets they sucker out of good fights. It's bad for the sport, and the hardcore care about the sport.

Back