Everyone complains that UFC gives us weak PPVs.. but is that really true?

They run 3 times as many cards as they did 8 years ago, of course the events are going to be watered down.

It's equivalent to watching a 10 team NBA vs a 32 team NBA.

I'd much rather watch the 10 team league. Every game would be allstar quality.

UFC should go back to this. Chuck and Tito and others became huge names because they fought more frequently. They would show up on half the PPVs. Nowadays we have Primadonnas like Conor McFucktard fighting less frequently than once per year and holding up divisions and belts.

People lose interest.

I don't know about weak PPV's.

For me personally I think the placement's wrong on PPV's. Some fighers I really wanna see are on Fight Pass and then I have to watch a few fights of people I'e no interest in fighting then back to people I care about.

The issue is that you're a noob - only looking back 2 yrs - and these cards seem great because you haven't watched long enough to know anything different.

That's what the UFC is counting on - churn the fanbase long enough, until the old-timers give up, while bringing in enough newcomers, until almost no one understands that things used to be different.

I've been watching for 7+ years. Not sure if that makes me eligible to give my opinion on a topic related to the sport as per your standards.

I've been watching for 7+ years. Not sure if that makes me eligible to give my opinion on a topic related to the sport as per your standards.

Borderline, but probably not.

Approximately 2008-2011 is what people consider the Golden Age and frequently what they are comparing to when they complain about the UFC's decline.

WEC came over in 2011, the big Fox deal was 2011, the first WMMA fight was 2012, Strikeforce was bought in 2011 and absorbed in 2012.
Those were all massive game-changers (and not unrelated, either) in a 2 yr span that changed the landscape of MMA tremendously.

Well, I guess that's why the whole topic is irrelevant to you. Those who are bitching = those who actually pay for it because these are not free cards for them.
Now if you have actually to pay for each card you have different perspective.

Nah, most people just like to complain.

I don't think it's the UFC's fault. So many fighters, it's hard to familiarize with all these fighters. Don't know which under card fights to look forward to. It's watching a different promotion

you're a casual
Hate to burst your bubble.

Been training martial arts even before the first UFC, and been a UFC fan since the first one!

I’ve lived the ebbs and flows of MMA. It’s like any other sport.

Nah it doesn’t. You’re a boot

It's pretty simple problem to fix and we may get the fix after the dust settles on the TV deals. I don't think these media outlets are paying that kind of money for DJ fights or questionable cards. Fans have already spoke that we aren't supporting cards like UFC 224 on PPV.

With the increase TV revenue it makes it much easier for the UFC to cut down on the amount of PPV's. Personally, limit PPV to about 4 to 6 tops a year. Stack the hell out of them and you'll probably see your total PPV buys for the year be around what you been doing with 12+ PPV's. I don't think 5 to 7 Million PPV buys a year is out of the question with only 4 to 6 stacked PPV events a year.

I have enjoyed most of them. But you have to take in account... injuries and suspensions. Plus the biggest star being a boxer.

the ppvs and cards have been awful

zuffa were spamming cards to cash out
wme have no idea what to do so are following on from zuffa

sport isn't growing in the us
it's declining everywhere else
but hey lets keep spamming cards with 1/2 good fights on it

I've gone from watching 95% of the cards to missing 95%

they are focusing too much on the us
like the sport is actually neck and neck with football

like i said
the ufc will be done and dusted by 2023
Define “declining everywhere else” please, because it sounds like mystic UL is full of shit as usual.

You have to be crazy to purchase any UFC PPV especially when you can easily find free steady streams broadcasted in HD all over the internet.

Bro... You can't dismiss the viewpoint of us people who give money to watch PPV events because them being free in your country because you're basically saying "This complaint is stupid because it doesn't affect me". You dont even watch PAY Per Views. You just View.

mystic ul senses jealousy
Mystic UL is once again full of shit. Or himself. Not much difference.

The sport is growing in two very important regions: Russia and SE Asia. Two very populous countries. Also on the rise in China, Korea, aside from the unsustainable big shows, Japan is the same as ever, with the traditional promotions plugging along. The sport is now legal in Thailand, and even has a homegrown promotion. Brazil and Europe, same as ever, with Poland’s KSW slowly expanding beyond the borders.

But yeah, keep talking about how the sport is declining everywhere and acting like you know everything. :rolleyes:

its the weak ppvs that give us new rising prospects so i dont mind.

Back