Television Everybody loves Raymond vs king of queens

Ray's mom & the way she is, too reminiscent of how my mama mia really is too.

Ray's dad is bad ass too haha.

I think the family dynamic of ELR is the real winner here. They hit such a large spectrum of real life family situations that people could relate to, and when people can relate to shows (looking at you Goldberg's), they rank a lot higher with audiences/viewers.

That said, Raymond takes it for me easy. Both funny shows though.

I think the family dynamic of ELR is the real winner here. They hit such a large spectrum of real life family situations that people could relate to, and when people can relate to shows (looking at you Goldberg's), they rank a lot higher with audiences/viewers.

That said, Raymond takes it for me easy. Both funny shows though.

EXACTLY - like how Marie always loves to have Ray home & seduces him with her cooking.

that's exactly how it is for me & my siblings hate it that my mom gives me the preferential treatment.

I can relate so much not only because of the family dynamic, but it has that authentic NY/LI feel as well. my favorite aunt (RIP) looked just like Marie, & she too was a Long Island girl, born & raised.

King of Queens is my show. Leah Remini before having a baby is one of the tastiest ladies in tv history. Plus she's sassy as hell.

What's weird is that on TV land, KOQs comes on right after ELR, but I have no interest in ELR. I don't know why. I really like the episodes of KOQs where Ray is on there, but I just don't dig that show.

Everybody loves Raymond easily for me...it's funnier

I love both shows, but KoQs for me.

There was a time when I would watch KoQs everyday, watching reruns over and over and not get tired of it. Meanwhile even though I loved ELR, I did change the channel on it a couple times. Now I don't really watch much tv, so I don't catch either show anymore, but I would be down to watch a few episodes of KoQs. Arthur is amazing in that show.

Being from the uk i prob look at this at a diff point of view, The king of queens is about 100 times funnier imo possibly the best comedy show to come out the usa, raymond is not funny at all, his big brother as his moments and thats it...the king of queens as better characters and i will laugh through out the shows...

The King of Queens for sure. It's actually one of my all time favorite sitcoms.

Both were good. But for me KOQ. For some reason I found the opening oddly pacifying.
NearImprobableHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Nothing like Doug on the surface, yet could definitely relate to him quite a bit at times.
Arthur by far was my favorite character.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I don't find either massively funny but Raymond is a lot more charming where as King of Queens is pretty bog standard obnoxious sitcom characters.

Raymond, i love king of queens though. Kevin James ruined it all trying to do king of queens 2.0 with kevin can wait.

Both shows are great, but ELR reminds me so much of my family that I find it comforting to watch.

Love both shows. Years ago, channel 4 (here in the UK) would show them back to back from 7.30-8.30am every weekday so I'd have them on while getting ready for work. Think they do still air both shows sometimes which is impressive considering they've gotta be about 20 years old.

Pretty sure I've seen almost every episode of each show. Both are hilarious imo. So many great characters in them and Leah Remini and Patricia Heaton are both fiiiine.

Really don't know which I prefer. Probably have to pick KoQ if forced but that could change on any given day.

Jerry stiller was the best in KoQs and leah remini was good to look at.

It's weird to me that anyone would like ELR. The show was horrible. I wanted to watch Raymond punch the wife right in the nose. Family guy did a nice job of summing up the show. King of queens was great though. Arthur one of the GOATs.

I like both. I enjoyed both.

KOQ show ending sucked IMO so I give slight nod to everybody loves Raymond for better show during run.

Now how about watching reruns?

I take ELR with ease over KOQ. I feel ELR aged better then KOQ.

Thoughts?

Easy choice. ELR. It's the show my wife and I consider "Our Show" . We own the entire series, and will watch it when it's on TV. The cast's chemistry is GOAT level. Debra got hotter as she got older, but I will concede Prime Leah Remini was leagues ahead of her. Like KoQ, the finale was something less than desirable. I think the reason my wife and I watch it so much is, because the Barone family is not unlike our own.

I also enjoy King of Queens as well. Just not on the same level.

Which one ws as prime leah Remini on? That's the one I choose

Back