Every UFC champion is a wrestler right now

No.... Whittaker is not a wrestler. He is a good wrestler and of course trains it but its a skill he has developed. He is a striker with good wrestling.

To me that is like saying Woodley is a striker. No he is wrestler with good striking / ko power.

Holloway of course isn't. Tj to me is a striker with good wrestling. Nunes cyborg rose. No way. Wouldn't consider any of those 3 wrestlers...

I think you meant to say.. cejudo woodley and dc are wrestlers and hold 4 belts between them.. .. Khabib is combat sambo. Has great wrestling but once again id call it him a sambo fighter. .. i guess you could try group them all as wrestlers ... but by the same token it's like calling them all boxers because they all have a decent jab....

205 - Jon Jones, undefeated (DQ doesn't count) Light Heavyweight Champion that could not be beaten by a Popeye chicken eating mofo

Fixed it for you & therefore completely ballsed up your thread about wrestlers....

Fixed it for you & therefore completely ballsed up your thread about wrestlers....
Fuck yeah Jon Jones is the man, the GOAT, the legend, and steroids all in one. All my favorite things. Everyone should take steroids.

When I see losing midgets like DC complaining about roids, I'm just like.. why not take them yourself instead of bitching? Imagine a DC coming at 5'9 250 lbs completely tanked out with pure muscle and 5 rounds of cardio. Fuck yeah, MMA needs that shit.

And only one of them won't fight wrestlers (Kebob).
ol8VTBM.gif

Well yeah...a lotta wrestlers enter mma!
The main mma org is based in and largely recruits from a country that has wrestling in its high schools and has collegue programs for it !

Imagine a fighting organization where a few fighters were given a special set of privileges:

1. They get to determine, after the fight is already signed, whether it will be a stand-up kickboxing match, or a grappling match with legal ground and pound striking.
2. They don't have to tell their opponent which type of fight they've chosen.
3. They have the option of changing their mind, mid fight, and can switch it up as often times as they like.

That's basically your world in MMA if your wrestling is dominant enough in comparison to your opponent.

It's a hell of an advantage.

Two of them have wrestling but arent wrestlers. And then out of the wrestlers there is one Greco.
So half the champs are freestyle wrestlers the other half arent.

Back