Every elite athlete is younger than mma elite!

they have more prize money, more sponsors, bigger audiences and hotter groupies than MMA. Whos the dork now?
They also have a doping problem too.
image1437603969.png
E sports is still for dorks.

That makes sense I guess.

I can start playing little league at 5. I probably shouldn’t be practicing MMA at 5
Muay thai fighters do start training at that age though. And they start fighting professionally around 12. And they're all retired, out of prime, and "old" around 20-25.

Age in sports is really a function of wear and tear specific to that sport and biological age is secondary to that. Most MMA fighters don't start fighting until later in life. That's we have older fighters.

Maybe combat takes longer and needs more experience to get to the top. It's way different than playing silly games with balls.

Maybe combat takes longer and needs more experience to get to the top. It's way different than playing silly games with balls.
No it doesn't , every sport at the elite level is very difficult,

If there was a rank on how hard
1. Football
2. Esports
3. Basketball
4. Baseball
5. Hockey

What we learn from that chart is why Fedor's prime went fast: when you rely on speed (Aldo, Fedor and RJJ), as soon as it slips, you sleep. There is a reason bigger strength based fighter, like Randy and Foreman, were able to survive longer at the elite level. Speed may kill but it dies young.

Muay thai fighters do start training at that age though. And they start fighting professionally around 12. And they're all retired, out of prime, and "old" around 20-25.

Age in sports is really a function of wear and tear specific to that sport and biological age is secondary to that. Most MMA fighters don't start fighting until later in life. That's we have older fighters.
I know it happens. But the brain is way underdeveloped at age 5 and a combat, full contact sport probably isn’t a great idea

Back