Everlast MX Pro Training Gloves Review

safighter

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello all. I have always lookedto this forum in the past for good reviews and I have just recently joined the forum and glad that I have something to contribute that may help people out. So here goes my first ever product review!

for sparring I currently own Rival RSV10 Sparring Gloves, Reyes 16 oz training gloves,and these Everlast MX Pro training gloves. Everlast Boxing Gloves Mexican grant Style New MX Pro 14 oz + free handwraps on eBay!

A. looks - 10/10. these gloves look great! the leather smells so good coming out of the bag. the leather is shiny giving it a unique look that i havent seen in any glove including the reyes and winning. Another thing I lov is the "hecho en mexico" eagle logo on the wrist and the mx and eagle detail on the thumb. very classy and not overdone details. (my rival gloves are oversaturated with text and logos imo)

B. Fit/Feel - 10/10. Wow when I first put these on I finally learned how a glove should feel, this is what sets it worlds apart from the Reyes which has a large compartment. these are so snug! I am able to make a great tight fist. Also another reason why I never use my Reyes gloves now is because of the thumb protection on the MX training gloves. Excellent thumb protection and placement. The thumb on the Reyes are so awkward and I have repeatedly jammed/hurt my thumb when punching and clinching. The thumb placement on these Everlast feel very natural and Im able to make a great fist. The knuckle area padding protrudes over the thumb to give it protection. also I have not experienced any internal heat in the hand compartment.

C. Protection. 4/10. Definitley not for those with knuckle/hand problems. These gloves are definitley a "punchers glove" that offer very little padding in the impact area. you can push down the padding and feel your knuckles, not something you can do with Winning or Rival gloves. the reason why it gets a 4 and not a 1 is because of the the wrist protection/stabilization and again the thumb protection. The inside wrist protection/stablizer is identical to Reyes gloves as it has two pads inside on either side of the lace up eyelets. on the outside wrist their is a large square padding for protection and I think it also does a lot for stabilization as I have no problem with my wrists in these gloves.

D. quality. 7/10. Ive had these for 3 months now, and there are some loose stiches inside and some frays around the wrist stiches. also I noticed immediatly that my thumb did not feel the same in both gloves however i had just come off of Reyes horrible thumb placement that even the difference was worlds better. I think also that when you get handmade gloves thats something you kinda have to expect. Also I noticed the everlast logo on the hand on one glove is slightley slanted as if they hand stamp the logo or something and didnt have it centered, but for some reason i kinda like it, reminds me that it was handmade lol.

I love these gloves, these should not be compared with the cheap $30 gloves Everlast makes (Its a shame they allow their name on those things). The only downside for some people is the protection in the knuckle area. I like having a punchers glove though thats the reason why I got the Reyes gloves in the first place but I bought them blind and didnt know that the hand compartment was so large and the thumb so awkward. To me the best way to describe these Everlast MX Pro Training Gloves in a sentence would be... Everything wrong with the Reyes Glove fixed.

Thank you for reading my review I hope to do more in the near future. btw if youre questioning my credientials...Im an amatuer boxer I'm 3-1 right now and practically live in the gym and train just about everyday as I work at the gym! Any questions or comments on how I could have made this better please let me know. Hope this helps!

Great review. Only thing that could make it better is pics.

Very well detailed; I agree with the needing pics. =P

post pics of the gloves against a beautiful leather sofa!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost?

Also, pics please :cool:

Dont forget the leather sofa. Dont take any pics without the leather sofa

photo_1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

securedownload.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Great review and pics mate, much appreciated!

Been waiting a long while for someone to review these. Everlast make some good high end stuff that shouldnt be confused with their cheaper products.

Very nice looking gloves as well. Looking forward to more of your reviews!

Great review and pics mate, much appreciated!

Been waiting a long while for someone to review these. Everlast make some good high end stuff that shouldnt be confused with their cheaper products.

Very nice looking gloves as well. Looking forward to more of your reviews!

Thanks for your feedback! Up next for me to review is the Adidas Competition Headgear which I hope is popular because its approved to be used for USA boxing and AIBA, and a review I'm suprised to see hasn't been done yet.

Thanks for your feedback! Up next for me to review is the Adidas Competition Headgear which I hope is popular because its approved to be used for USA boxing and AIBA, and a review I'm suprised to see hasn't been done yet.

have you got the adidas amateur headgear? how is it?! ive been loooking for one but theirs none! and i feel sketchy buying it since its 130$!

Back