Social Evergreen State College After Meltdown: Enrollment Drops by 40%, Faculty down 20%

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score

Thread Index:

Students berate professor who refused to participate in no-whites ‘Day of Absence’
By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Thursday, May 25, 2017

Over the last 72 hours, students have taken over a liberal arts college in Washington state, and only one adult has tried to stop them.

Students at Evergreen State College in Olympia, who filmed their exploits and posted the videos on social media, have occupied and barricaded the library, shouting down anyone who disagrees with them or shows insufficient passion for racial justice.

Biology professor Bret Weinstein was berated by dozens of students outside of his classroom Tuesday morning for refusing to participate in an event in which white people were invited to leave campus for a day. Now, he says police have told him to hold his classes off campus due to safety concerns.

Things are “out of control at Evergreen,” he said.

“Police told me protesters stopped cars yesterday, demanding information about occupants,” Mr. Weinstein told The Washington Times. “They believe I was being sought. It appears that the campus has been under the effective control of protesters since 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Police are on lockdown, hamstrung by the college administration. Students, staff and faculty are not safe.”

A spokesman for the Evergreen Department of Police Services confirmed the agency had been in contact with Mr. Weinstein. He said officers would be in touch with The Times, but three subsequent phone calls during business hours were not answered.

A college spokesman declined to comment on Mr. Weinstein’s situation or any of the other activity on campus.

Evergreen student Blake Vincent said he was participating in the protests and was unaware of any searches for Mr. Weinstein’s whereabouts.

“As far as Bret being told not to hold classes on campus, I would love to know if that’s true,” said Mr. Vincent, who has been posting videos of the protests to his Facebook account, adding that the professor was “never physically threatened.”

DAnGxxFXsAAqhdf-1.jpg

Mr. Weinstein was confronted outside of his classroom Tuesday morning by dozens of students who demanded he apologize or resign for writing an allegedly racist email.

His email took issue with a “Day of Absence & Day of Presence” demonstration, for which white students, faculty and staff were asked to leave campus for one day.

He wrote: “On a college campus, one’s right to speak — or to be — should never be based on skin color.”

A video of the confrontation, captured by Mr. Vincent, shows Mr. Weinstein attempting to reason with dozens of students who routinely shout him down, curse at him and demand his resignation.

When the professor tells the students he will listen to them if they listen to him, one student responds, “We don’t care what terms you want to speak on. This is not about you. We are not speaking on terms — on terms of white privilege. This is not a discussion. You have lost that one.”

Another protester asks the professor whether he believes “black students in sciences are targeted.”

After asking for a clarification, Mr. Weinstein says, “I do not believe that anybody on our faculty, with intent, specially targets students of color.”

That remark prompts shrieks of outrage.

Eric Weinstein, the professor’s brother, called the exchange ironic due to his brother’s “center-left” political views and staunch anti-racism.

“If you had asked me who is one of racism’s most powerful foes, I would have said Bret Weinstein,” Eric Weinstein told The Times. “There’s something sort of ‘Twilight Zone’ about one of the most thoughtful commentators on race, at one of the most progressive schools in the country, getting called a racist.”

After shouting at Mr. Weinstein for several minutes, according to Mr. Vincent’s recollection of events, the protesters marched out of the building and were met by campus police shortly thereafter.

“The students, fearful for their lives, began retreating towards the library and ultimately ended up in the Trans & Queer Center/Unity Lounge, trying to stay safe,” Mr. Vincent said in a Facebook post Tuesday. “The white students were then delegated to spread out throughout the library floor and watch for police potentially surrounding the building.”

In order to keep the police out, the students barricaded the entrances of the library and seamlessly turned the retreat into a political occupation. Demands followed.

At a meeting between the administration and students later that day, university President George S. Bridges said no students would be punished for their involvement in the demonstrations, even before an investigation into the matter.

“First and foremost, I want to state that there will be, as far as I know, no charges filed against any students involved in actions that occurred this morning,” Mr. Bridges said. “We will be conducting a major review, an investigation of all that occurred and will be reporting back to you, the campus community, about exactly what happened, why it happened and what we intend to do about the incident — not the incident, excuse me, the actions that were taken, both students, staff and faculty involved.”

On Wednesday, students crashed a faculty meeting that was planned to, among other things, honor professors nominated for emeritus status. Families of the honorees were in attendance.

A member of the faculty interrupted the proceedings shortly after they began and invited the students to the front of the room to share their stories.

“I’m sorry, but I really appreciate you faculty, but students are here right now,” the professor said. “Why do we need to — I mean, I appreciate celebrating our accolades and how much we’ve done for the college, but they’re here. Like, we need to listen to their voice. They are out there, their bodies are on the line, right?”

When they got to the front of the room, the students condemned the faculty for eating cake rather than supporting the library occupiers.

“Didn’t you educate us on how to do s—t like this?” one student said. “It was you that taught us that in class. Right, though? You taught us to go and change the world. Ain’t that what you all sell on that state college page? To when s—t is wrong that we should try to change it? So why you all in here eating cake and chewing?”

One professor asked, “Would it be more helpful if we stayed and talked with you, or more helpful if we go over to the library?”

The student said the latter, and everyone got up and left the room.

Mr. Bridges promised, per the demands, to institute a new student conduct code, to improve the quality of faculty evaluations and to enact an annual sensitivity training for all faculty, staff and police that emphasizes the eradication of anti-black racism.

Securing these programs was the original purpose of the protests, Mr. Vincent said. As for the confrontation with Mr. Weinstein: “We were trying to make an example out of him.”

Despite the fulfillment of the demands, Mr. Vincent said there’s no timetable for ending the demonstrations.

“In fact,” he said, “there have been and will be more walk-ins into different faculty’s classrooms.”

Students Furious Over Release Of Video Depicting Them Going Berserk At Evergreen College
By David Krayden | 05/29/2017

Students at Evergreen State College are furious that a video documenting their anarchic behavior has been made public, The College Fix reports.

The footage shows students going berserk, swearing like your mother never heard and screaming about “racist white teachers,” “white-assed administrators,” and the obligatory “black power” slogans during what was supposed to be a “meeting” between the malcontent students, college president George Bridges and other college administrators.

Activists are not pleased that the embarrassing video can now be seen by the world on the internet, and they they are demanding that the “stolen” document be “taken down” by this Friday.

“We demand that the video created for Day of Absence and Day of Presence that was stolen by white supremacists and edited to expose and ridicule the students and staff be taken down by the administration by this Friday.”

The students then outline just how they expect the university to proceed to find the guilty culprits. Claiming to have been in touch with “the Attorney General’s office,” the students suggest that the university “commit to launching an extensive forensic investigation” to discover just who “stole” the video, and, if a suspect is found, to ask that criminal charges be brought against the suspect “in consultation with the Attorney General.”

The video contains many memorable moments of the students’ interacting with their school administrators. They shout “fuck you, and fuck the police” repeatedly while maintaining that “whiteness is the most violent fuckin’ system to ever breathe!” Attempting a philosophical bridge, the students say they are “tired of white people talking about what black and brown people need” before getting to their real point: “Fuck you George [Bridges]; we don’t wanna listen to a goddamn thing you have to say! No, you shut the fuck up.”

The students then attempt a history lesson of sorts, telling the college officials, “We built these cities, we had civilization way before you ever had…coming out of your caves.”

The students even instruct Bridges that he should not attempt to speak with his hands in the air, and one student demonstrates how it’s done.

Professor Bret Weinstein, who had already experienced the students’ antics in his classroom, recently told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that the latest student uprising was “far crazier” than what had come before.

Last edited:
I just want to tell everyone, that outside of seattle and the Universties, Washington state is full of social libertarian, economic progressives.

This cultural marxist BS is being engineered.

Students at Evergreen State College are furious that a video documenting their anarchic behavior has been made public, The College Fix reports.

The footage shows students going berserk, swearing like your mother never heard and screaming about “racist white teachers,” “white-assed administrators,” and the obligatory “black power” slogans during what was supposed to be a “meeting” between the malcontent students, college president George Bridges and other college administrators.

Activists are not pleased that the embarrassing video can now be seen by the world on the internet, and they they are demanding that the “stolen” document be “taken down” by this Friday.

“We demand that the video created for Day of Absence and Day of Presence that was stolen by white supremacists and edited to expose and ridicule the students and staff be taken down by the administration by this Friday.”

The students then outline just how they expect the university to proceed to find the guilty culprits. Claiming to have been in touch with “the Attorney General’s office,” the students suggest that the university “commit to launching an extensive forensic investigation” to discover just who “stole” the video, and, if a suspect is found, to ask that criminal charges be brought against the suspect “in consultation with the Attorney General.”

The video contains many memorable moments of the students’ interacting with their school administrators. They shout “fuck you, and fuck the police” repeatedly while maintaining that “whiteness is the most violent fuckin’ system to ever breathe!” Attempting a philosophical bridge, the students say they are “tired of white people talking about what black and brown people need” before getting to their real point: “Fuck you George [Bridges]; we don’t wanna listen to a goddamn thing you have to say! No, you shut the fuck up.”

The students then attempt a history lesson of sorts, telling the college officials, “We built these cities, we had civilization way before you ever had…coming out of your caves.”

The students even instruct Bridges that he should not attempt to speak with his hands in the air, and one student demonstrates how it’s done.

Professor Bret Weinstein, who had already experienced the students’ antics in his classroom, recently told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that the latest student uprising was “far crazier” than what had come before.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/29/s...ideo-depicting-them-going-berserk-at-college/

Where does this college find all these idiots? How did these kids even get into college?

No wonder this college is a zoo.

And I forgot, these students should be embarrassed of themselves in this video.

I say expel all these lunatics. How can you learn if these are your classmates?

Where does this college find all these idiots? How did these kids even get into college?

Its actually a liberal arts college. They don't give out real degrees. Only fake one's in women's studies, and other fake school BS.

What exactly were they disgruntled over in the first place?

Evergreen State students never go their cookies and play doh!

What is wrong with you yankys??
Fucking embarrassing to say the least

Not sure if that makes it better or worse.
But by them demanding to take it down because they see the ridiculousness of their actions.
Might imply that somewhere deep down they do have a bit of sense left. At least maybe some of them.

A white professor said that in hiring that there should be equality and no preference for minorities. So he's got all these protestors calling him a racist.

They demands that all White people, including the faculty members, to leave the college for one day.

Biology teacher Bret Weinstein refuses to go along with this ridiculous demand and spoke up against it, so they brands him a White Supremacist and now demands the school to fire him.

Those white teachers are probably liberal. Fuck them and the zoo.

And I forgot, these students should be embarrassed of themselves in this video.

That "school" has a 98% acceptance rate and doesn't give grades. The liberal self-hating whites who run it have created a monster that is now consuming them. Sit back and be entertained.

Evergreen State College has a 98.9% acceptance rate! Wow, this explains some things. This is also proof why free college tuition is a bad idea!

Those white teachers are probably liberal. Fuck them and the zoo.
I guarantee you that those white professors are liberal voters. But these racist BLM's probably think they are actually fighting racist nazi's.

That "school" has a 98% acceptance rate and doesn't give grades. The liberal self-hating whites who run it have created a monster that is now consuming them. Sit back and be entertained.
That does explain it.

They demands that all White people, including the faculty members, to leave the college for one day.

Biology teacher Bret Weinstein refuses to go along with this ridiculous demand and spoke up against it, so they brands him a White Supremacist and now demands the school to fire him.

I've been hearing about "white supremacists" more and more lately from SJWs. I guess the term "racist" has gotten stale from overuse.

Back