Ever sucked at your job?

Never "sucked" but found that I always had more to learn.

literally 50% of the workers there were aggressively gay males anyways, so no loss.
When I say aggressively gay, I mean like they would have "hot tub parties" for all the guys. I was invited. Made the mistake of going....

I can't imagine how anyone could sell that to me. Hey you want to come over for a dip in my hottub with all the boys? Or did you just assume their was going to be vaginas present?

I can't imagine how anyone could sell that to me. Hey you want to come over for a dip in my hottub with all the boys? Or did you just assume their was going to be vaginas present?

I had no intention of actually getting in and yes, I assumed there would be women. I was young and naive about what I was witnessing at the time.

I worked at UPS as a driver. Had my own route. I could never finish the route in the time they expected it. I had central square in Cambridge, MA. If anyone knows Mass Ave then they know the shit show of a street that it is. I worked there for a month and a half. Lost over 30 pounds. Went back to the depot and they audit my truck. I missed one delivery. The manager was up one side of me and down the other yelling at me. I was so hot and tired that I didn't say anything. Went home and talked to my wife at the time and she said to quit. It wasn't worth it. I did the next day. Best move I made!!

What'd you end up moving on to?

Never.

I suck at sherdog though, which is almost like a second job. Does that count?

Yes.

Last edited:
Yes, but on purpose. Sometimes when a job and a boss destroys your soul, you stop caring what how well you do.

I’m usually good at what I do because I can work hard when I need to. The problem is that I have given zero fucks and intentionally sabotaged the business because I hate my boss or work environment.

Somehow out of about 20 different jobs I’ve only been fired once and that’s because I cursed off a guy who was my superior but I had no idea.

I’ve been a terrible security guard for 12 years. Why these companies keep employing me I do not know

I tend to suck at every job ive ever had in the beginning,but eventually become really good at it. At least most aspects.

This x100

I can relate.
What are your stories, gents?

It was the only time I didn't take pride in my work. I was just out of uni and started working at quite a large not-for-profit, doing marketing and fundraising stuff. Just in an office.

I had a couple of different managers over the first six months, then came my new mole of a boss. One day early on, she accused me of something I didn't do. From then, that became a regular thing. Even though I was raising more money each subsequent year, it continued.

I started showing up late, taking extra long lunch breaks and just bunking off - partly to spite her, partly because I didn't care anymore. Many times I considered walking out and telling her what I thought of her. But, perhaps I was too lazy and/or spiteful. In the end, after about three years, the organisation began restructuring and I got a very generous redundancy package. I tried to not look too happy when I found out.

There must be a moral to this story, but I'm not 100% sure what it is.

First job as a wall tiler
First day even

Guy left me in a clients house in his brand new bathroom and showed me how to grout super quick and then left

God did I fuck that up
Had to scrape it all out and then he re did it

Nowadays as a carpenter I don't make fuck ups and when I do I just deny everything or blame someone else

What are your stories, gents?

It was the only time I didn't take pride in my work. I was just out of uni and started working at quite a large not-for-profit, doing marketing and fundraising stuff. Just in an office.

I had a couple of different managers over the first six months, then came my new mole of a boss. One day early on, she accused me of something I didn't do. From then, that became a regular thing. Even though I was raising more money each subsequent year, it continued.

I started showing up late, taking extra long lunch breaks and just bunking off - partly to spite her, partly because I didn't care anymore. Many times I considered walking out and telling her what I thought of her. But, perhaps I was too lazy and/or spiteful. In the end, after about three years, the organisation began restructuring and I got a very generous redundancy package. I tried to not look too happy when I found out.

There must be a moral to this story, but I'm not 100% sure what it is.
I used to do alarm response, I would often bump my company van into the other company van like they do on top gear.

I also falsified reports on alarms that regularly went off that I knew weren’t break ins.

Slept on duty.

Used van for personal reasons

I was a BAD employee

I used to do alarm response, I would often bump my company van into the other company van like they do on top gear.

I also falsified reports on alarms that regularly went off that I knew weren’t break ins.

Slept on duty.

Used van for personal reasons

I was a BAD employee
I'm sure you had your reasons!

Does marriage count as a job?

Recently just left Amazon as a deliver driver and it was the worst experience of my life.

200-250 parcels in the van, crammed to the rim, non-stop trying to meet targets and I just couldn't do it, I was soo much slower than other drivers I was finishing 2-3 hours later everyday, bosses ringing me saying be quicker eventually I started getting stressed and depressed to the point I felt like just crashing the van and pretend I had an accident.

I text the boss and said I am done this job ain't for me.

Look at this shit, how can anyone not get stressed out by that...

24273159_1759610784057451_1478258845_n.jpg

And before you ask yes, I did have to take half the vans parcels out to find one as sometimes I didn't have time to organise them, each delivery could take 20 minutes and when you have 250 you start turning grey on the spot. NEVER AGAIN

I'm sure you had your reasons!
They treated the guards like shit, they got me right down on myself... and I’m a usually sunny in my disposition.

I hated, hated, hated that place. Nearly came to fisticuffs with the assistant manager a few times. And we got on well. That’s how bad it was.

Recently just left Amazon as a deliver driver and it was the worst experience of my life.

200-250 parcels in the van, crammed to the rim, non-stop trying to meet targets and I just couldn't do it, I was soo much slower than other drivers I was finishing 2-3 hours later everyday, bosses ringing me saying be quicker eventually I started getting stressed and depressed to the point I felt like just crashing the van and pretend I had an accident.

I text the boss and said I am done this job ain't for me.

Look at this shit, how can anyone not get stressed out by that...

24273159_1759610784057451_1478258845_n.jpg

And before you ask yes, I did have to take half the vans parcels out to find one as sometimes I didn't have time to organise them, each delivery could take 20 minutes and when you have 250 you start turning grey on the spot. NEVER AGAIN
That in the UK? I was gonna interview for a security job at one of the Depots. I heard horror stories off some guards I knew. I fucked that interview off.

That in the UK? I was gonna interview for a security job at one of the Depots. I heard horror stories off some guards I knew. I fucked that interview off.
Yeah man, horrendous company full of lies.

Was only there 2 months but got really down from it.

Back