Ever sucked at your job?

breadfighter

Toiling in underground sugar caves
@purple
Reaction score
Or been fired or warned for poor performance?

For me I worked at a screen printer. At first I thought it'd be cool because I'd be making T-shirts. The thing about it though was if you make a mistake you either have to throw away the tshirt (throwing away $), you slow down production, or halt it completely. In the few months I was there I screwed up a bunch of times and got warned on multiple occassions for my performance and I eventually just ended up quitting.

Makes you feel kinda useless when you fail at your job. What I learned is that not all jobs are for everybody. Or it's most likely I just suck.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Yes

Easy example, I hit my thumb with a hammer a lot.

There have been things I struggle to move, that others can with moderate effort.

I’ve dropped dishes

My hands would seem to get cut quicker than others

Yea I really wanted a pay raise..... oh you are talking about at my job duties, no always been good at my job.

Last edited:
i can learn practically anything.
that being said, i worked at a job that took laminated cloth and made it into various items.
one of the jobs was buffing the items after they were cut and molded.
the problem i had with that job is the buffing station was right outside of the bosses office. i preferred to use the cutting machine all the way in the back and furthest from the bosses office.

boss insisted on attempting to train me how to use the buffer, and i'd fuck it up on purpose everytime so he'd send me back to the cutter. one of my favorite ways of fucking up would be to hold the item very loosely, and let it go flying out of my hands as soon as it touched the buffer. was hilarious and pissed off my boss everytime.

I used to work overnights at a gas station. I struggled sleeping during the day, so I would hide in the bathroom stall to get a nap in. However, there were cameras watching me go into the bathroom for an hour, and I wasn't getting everything done I was supposed to. I didn't last very long at that job.

First job, food waiter.

The money was crazy, but I could NOT balance multiple plates on the carrying tray. It caused me massive anxiety worrying about dropping everything. So I was forced to bring out one or two plates/drinks at a time. Which, during peak hours when you are slammed with 6 tables, is not manageable. I started at a VERY busy Texas Roadhouse too, where you would have 6 tables for hours on end.

One of the managers, a cunt blonde that looked like a dyke, asked me what the issue was and if I was "a slow learner"

I quit called and told them I quit the next day in stead of coming in

literally 50% of the workers there were aggressively gay males anyways, so no loss.
When I say aggressively gay, I mean like they would have "hot tub parties" for all the guys. I was invited. Made the mistake of going....

I worked as a telemarketer for about 4 months when I was around 19-20. I sucked at trying to convince people to buy bullshit over the phone.

No but I have been sucked off in the stair well during a work fling a decade ago.

literally 50% of the workers there were aggressively gay males anyways, so no loss.
When I say aggressively gay, I mean like they would have "hot tub parties" for all the guys. I was invited. Made the mistake of going....

<Baelish01>

Yes

Easy example, I hit my thumb with a hammer a lot.

There have been things I struggle to move, that others can with moderate effort.

I’ve dropped dishes

My hands would seem to get cut quicker than others

I remember my time as the friendly local handyman dishwasher.

First job, food waiter.

The money was crazy, but I could NOT balance multiple plates on the carrying tray. It caused me massive anxiety worrying about dropping everything. So I was forced to bring out one or two plates/drinks at a time. Which, during peak hours when you are slammed with 6 tables, is not manageable. I started at a VERY busy Texas Roadhouse too, where you would have 6 tables for hours on end.

One of the managers, a cunt blonde that looked like a dyke, asked me what the issue was and if I was "a slow learner"

I quit called and told them I quit the next day in stead of coming in

giphy.gif

uGWzJ99.gif

I worked at UPS as a driver. Had my own route. I could never finish the route in the time they expected it. I had central square in Cambridge, MA. If anyone knows Mass Ave then they know the shit show of a street that it is. I worked there for a month and a half. Lost over 30 pounds. Went back to the depot and they audit my truck. I missed one delivery. The manager was up one side of me and down the other yelling at me. I was so hot and tired that I didn't say anything. Went home and talked to my wife at the time and she said to quit. It wasn't worth it. I did the next day. Best move I made!!

Nope. I always work my ass off to be as good as I can st my job. That way, even if I am not as good as someone else, I work hard enough to compensate for my skill deficiency. And usually that means I pick it up really fast.

I’ve been in high paying jobs for over 20 years and I’ve only ever felt like I was stealing a living. I’m probably better than I realise, but I routinely feel like I’m doing more harm than good. I’ve also only worked at 2 places in that time, so I must be pretty good at hiding it.

I have excelled at every job I have ever done.
I always do my best and learn quickly. I may get bored after a while, maybe even get complacent, but never suck.
Also, I am that awesome;)

One of m first jobs was working at a Subway inside of a gas station. There was only a couple other "sandwich artists" on the roster so I often worked alone. I think I had 2 nights (8 hours total) where I had my boss with me teaching me everything. I was horrible at the job and would often put way too much on the sandwiches causing my boss a ton of heart ache when it came to food costs. She disciplined me once by giving me time off, but she was an idiot, and still payed me for that 2 weeks off. I came back, had an hour or so of "re-training" and was put back to work alone. Problem was I was alone during the dinner rush and we're talking about making 30-40 sandwiches an hour, as well as running the cash register. I think I had 3 or 4 shifts after my re-training before I was officially fired. In the end my boss thought I was stealing because the food costs had gone up, but there was no way to serve that many people and keep it all perfect.

Shit was crazy at that store... olives had the highest food cost so you got 2 olive slices on a 6" and 4 on a 12". The looks I got from people when they asked for olives and saw me place one olive slice every 3" were hilarious. Then I had to tell them I couldn't give them anymore... what a horrible job. I can go on and on, but yeah, I absolutely sucked at that job.

Back